• Fuente
    • Cristobal
    • Allen
    • Some NFL assistant ....name him
    • Some college assistant.....name him
    • Harbaugh
    • Other....name him

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

No. That offense is Reid’s and he’s done nothing to show he can build a college program. This is also why I’m not enamored with Kyle, as dumb as that fucking suggestion is. 

Very odd comment. Is this an appropriate time to remind the board just how much of a Charlie Champion you were?  Weren’t you the last idiot holdout?

I quit whenever the Kansas game happened like just about everyone. 

I fear that if we can't get Urban we're going to go for a 3rd straight Group-5 Flavor-of-the-month coach. Strong looked good for 2 years at UL. Herman looked good for 2 years at UH.  Both turned out to be Fool's Gold. 

Please No NO NO NO!!!:

• Kalani Sitake BYU (9-0)
  • Jamey Chadwell  - Coastal Carolina (8-0)
  • Doc Holliday  - Marshall (7-0)
  • Huge Freeze - Liberty (9-1)    (he was 12-25 at 5 years at ole miss)

In a similar way, I don't like the idea of giving a coordinator his first shot. We're Texas dammit.  Go start your head coaching career at UTSA.  I want an experienced coach.  

If Urban is off the table, the list gets really hard:

• Fickell is at least on his 3rd good year at Cincinnati.
  • Brian Harsin - 68-18 at Bosie St. 
  • ???? Is there no one else?

Before we fire Herman, we need to know that Urban is available and willing.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

can the people voting for fickell over cristobal explain why?  one recruits at an elite level and has won a conference championship in a P5 conference.  the other is fickell

Winning the Pac 12 over who?  USC? UW?  eh.  and I would be ok with Cristobal.  He coached under Saban, is ambitious and has deep Florida roots. If you want a drawback, Burton said we wouldn't even make an attempt because of the Nike thing. 

Fickell, someone has to tell me why he's better than Tom?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I don’t see Harsin coming here. He had a good look at the UT coaching environment/expectations when he was here before.

That was when Powers, FAt Dog, Mack, Deloss and major were here.  All are gone.  WE fucked over Harsin.  Apparently took the aSU job sight unseen.

Not in the poll, but Herm Edwards?

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

That was when Powers, FAt Dog, Mack, Deloss and major were here.  All are gone.  WE fucked over Harsin.  Apparently took the aSU job sight unseen.

Just saying, usually a less than desirable experience somewhere will stay with you regardless of whatever “new and improved” package it’s being marketed in. Especially when you’ve moved on to comfortable success elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I fear that if we can't get Urban we're going to go for a 3rd straight Group-5 Flavor-of-the-month coach. Strong looked good for 2 years at UL. Herman looked good for 2 years at UH.  Both turned out to be Fool's Gold. 

Please No NO NO NO!!!:

• Kalani Sitake BYU (9-0)
  • Jamey Chadwell  - Coastal Carolina (8-0)
  • Doc Holliday  - Marshall (7-0)
  • Huge Freeze - Liberty (9-1)    (he was 12-25 at 5 years at ole miss)

In a similar way, I don't like the idea of giving a coordinator his first shot. We're Texas dammit.  Go start your head coaching career at UTSA.  I want an experienced coach.  

If Urban is off the table, the list gets really hard:

• Fickell is at least on his 3rd good year at Cincinnati.
  • Brian Harsin - 68-18 at Bosie St. 
  • ???? Is there no one else?

Before we fire Herman, we need to know that Urban is available and willing.

Herm gone, whether Urban comes or not.  the money ain't forking over shit while he's here.  Over

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He wouldn’t excite anyone. Only Urban excites. Harsin would provide competent winning coaching. The only excitement is that Herman would be gone. 

This is where I am. Only Meyer has the track record and name to possibly make some inroads on this disaster of a recruiting cycle. He’s the only name on this list anyone under 22 gives a fuck about, otherwise they’d be committed to them....

We will probably hire a costly search firm that will recommend that we interview Norv Turner, Jeff Fisher,  Gary Barnett, and Dan Hawkins.  Neuweasel is rested and ready and Houston Nutt is itching to make a move.  Does Bret Beilema still have a hot wife?  Jimmy Johnson could fish on Lake Travis.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah, that was end-stage Mack.  I have no real reason to believe he harbors any resentment or ill will toward Texas itself.

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

If not Urban, I’d just hire Jeff Traylor and see how it goes. If Texas hires Freeze (LOL) I’ll lead the protests. 

I still am not sold CDC has the money to fire Herman, despite all obvious reasons to do so. Do most boosters care enough to pay off their golden child?

Any other time, I would say Jeff Traylor would be a slam dunk, but this ain't the time.  Traylor would be like hiring McWilliams.  Got to go big.  

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

since no one else has, will you please justify fickell over cristobal to me?

51-54; Fickell has followed the normal trajectory of a successful coach. Shit 1st year then winning in 2nd year, he's mostly beat the teams he's supposed to beat

Edited by Michael Knight

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

since no one else has, will you please justify fickell over cristobal to me?

For the record, I'd comfortably prefer Cristobal over Fickell..

But if I'm gonna assume an anti-Cristobal position, I'd say it's at least a little concerning they barely mattered on a national stage last year with Herbert at QB. And based on what we've seen in 2020, it's not super likely a QB that good rolls through Austin in the next 20 years.

19 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Any other time, I would say Jeff Traylor would be a slam dunk, but this ain't the time. 

At what other time would Jeff Fucking Traylor be a “slam dunk” hire for the University of Texas? In some hypothetical world where he’s already won a national championship or two?  Or is there another time when hiring the head coach from the University of Texas at San Antonio would be a “slam dunk” hire for us?

I don’t understand the fascination some folks have with Jeff Traylor.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to The Surly Official 2020 Corching Search Thread of DOOM and DESPAIR