What to do with a dozen pounds of pumpkin puree?

Rimbo

So in November of 2019, my daughter buried some pumpkin seeds, thinking she'd grow herself some pumpkins. I tried to temper her expectations, that planting at that particular time was unlikely to produce any results.

Well...

ACtC-3d6IFUVNkCBt7E6F-rOMnOUfeggtjoSmZqZ

Yeah. 

So that was the big one. She insisted we make a jack-o-lantern out of it. So here it is.

ACtC-3f7GZegPKi8IJFmZFB9TEZg6s0paDILdEbZ

(That's from Nickelodeon's Shimmer & Shine.)

But the "small" one, at only 23 pounds, I've managed to roast and make into puree. I have now made 12 pies out of this beast, and I'm not even halfway through.

ACtC-3dKj8Flwo13Rq-fslwvHKmx-3HJw6vTzB0g

I tried pumpkin pancakes, which used up a cup of the stuff. Though I thought they tasted great, they weren't too popular.

ACtC-3fEYthEqn-nVeLQ8CtmcvepSfJOa7Iw1S1d

All righty then. So gimme your best recipes; I've got 10-12 pounds of the stuff left and I gotta use it up before it goes bad (and there's no room left in the freezer for it after Thanksgiving).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Second the pumpkin bread, made some not too long ago. Cream cheese pumpkin bars are a fave when my spouse takes them into the office. Not this year, I didn't feel like individually wrapping them cause I'm lazy. If you like moist cookies as opposed to crisp snaps, try pumpkin cookies. Those often have a cream cheese frosting similar to the pumpkin bars. If you want the recipes, I can probably stir myself from the meat coma from which I am beginning to emerge to type them up.

I would also try this link for ideas:

https://www.epicurious.com/ingredients/25-ways-to-use-a-can-of-pumpkin-puree-article

• Hook 'Em 1