Is it time to give notre dame a little respect?

markstanco

Nope. The last time they made the playoffs, they looked very good in the regular season. Same when they played in the national championship against Bama. But when they get to the big game, they look like complete shit.

They beat Clemson without Trevor Lawrence at home. Let's see how they fare when Lawrence plays. I won't respect them until they actually prove it in the big games and don't get their pants pulled down and butt fucked.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Their backup had 440 yards passing. Are we expecting Trevor to do much better than that? I think Clemson will win the rematch but ND proved a lot in that game. 

how many defensive players was Clemson missing, they made ND's qb look like Fran Tarkington

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I hate the fuckers 

We’ve got a neighbor lady who’s a big ND fan so I usually work “You just know it’s going to be a good year, Bobby. Notre Dame already lost” into the conversation.

She’s also got fantastic tits which really doesn’t have anything to do with this thread 

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Same when they played in the national championship against Bama

They actually didn't look very good that year. They had a ton of games go down to the wire and played a pretty average schedule. They got into the NC because they finished 12-0 - even though a lot of folks had doubts about their actual quality. 

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I hate the fuckers, and I was rooting for Mack 100% until somebody reminded me that a ND win kinda fucks aggy, so I switched gears at halftime. 

Mack Brown is still fucking up my Saturdays.

At this point I expect he'll leave something in his will that fucks us over.

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Their backup had 440 yards passing. Are we expecting Trevor to do much better than that? I think Clemson will win the rematch but ND proved a lot in that game. 

Yeah they did.  As you said, the backup lit it up, and Trevor Lawrence doesn't play defense, either.

Ian Book is outstanding, and fun to watch.  No idea how they'll look at the next level, but in college, I'd take Book over Lawrence every time.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

1) Aggy will not finish the season with 1 loss.

2) If ND loses to Clemson in the rematch, but it is a close game they will easily beat out aggy.

Tennesse is 2-5.

LSU is 3-3 and scraped by Arkansas.  I know transitive property is often unreliable but we destroyed Arkansas and beat Mississippi State, who pummeled LSU (albeit with different QB).

Auburn is 5-2,  but lost to South Carolina, who A&M completely dismantled (Thoroughly enjoyed driving the penultimate nail in Boom's coffin, after beating his ass every season he was there). Auburn lost to Arkansas on the field, but SEC refs.

We could definitely blow it, but A&M has no excuse for not winning out. Aggies will be favored in each game and should be.

Given that the ND/Clemson game would be the final game of regular season for both teams, unless it goes to multiple OT's, I expect ND to fall out of top 4 before the committee gives them a potential 3rd game against Clemson.

No idea what'll end up happening, but beneath the contempt, I know you're pulling for us and that means a great deal to me.  Thank you.

Edited by Augustus

13 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Tennesse is 2-5.

LSU is 3-3 and scraped by Arkansas.  I know transitive property is often unreliable but we destroyed Arkansas and beat Mississippi State, who pummeled LSU (albeit with different QB).

Auburn is 5-2,  but lost to South Carolina, who A&M completely dismantled (Thoroughly enjoyed driving the penultimate nail in Boom's coffin, after beating his ass every season he was there). Auburn lost to Arkansas on the field, but SEC refs.

We could definitely blow it, but A&M has no excuse for not winning out. Aggies will be favored in each game and should be.

Pretty much everything you just said is exactly why aggy will fail. It's lined up for them... but it's not in the cards for them. It never will be and never has been. God hates Texas A&M. 

12 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Pretty much everything you just said is exactly why aggy will fail. It's lined up for them... but it's not in the cards for them. It never will be and never has been. God hates Texas A&M. 

I've witnessed circumstances compel ShaggyBevo to collectively root for OU in the 2012 Cotton Bowl, many of you vociferously throughout the entire game thread.

Only a God who loves A&M would pull off something like that.

But it doesn't matter, I'm pagan.

Edited by Augustus

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

DJ Ukalele's inexperience cost Clemson in the second OT. Lawrence likely doesn't make those mistakes.

5 hours ago, hookem48 said:

how many defensive players was Clemson missing, they made ND's qb look like Fran Tarkington

Tarkenton

I was a Notre Dame fan in the 1980's. I root for Texas (duh) and then Clemson (wife's alma mater). I wouldn't mind seeing Notre Dame win it this year if Clemson doesn't. One of my favorite first cousin's husband went to ND and is a huge, huge fan. He has ALS and it is getting pretty bad. I'm definitely OK with ND winning this year for this reason. (They won't though.)

Yeah my dad is UT alum 68... He was James Street's RA. He married a French Catholic girl. I was raised Catholic in the bible belt of NE Texas. However I was raised to NEVER... ever ever ever... to root for Notre Dame. 

But shit man I'm tired of Clemson and Bama... and obviously fuck no to OU... so Go Irish? 

3 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

A little wouldn't hurt you.

I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more

Fuck Notre Dame.

Edited by slorch