Is it time to give notre dame a little respect?

markstanco

I think it’d be hilarious if ND joins a conference for one year, wins it, and then leaves. I find it amusing that the ACC might have to see their name stamped on a plaque somewhere in a trophy case forever. I don’t really like them but the amusement factor of fucking up the sanctity of the college football world is enough for me to root for them for a year. I’m tired of Bama/Clemson/Ohio St.  Any new team in the mix not.named OU or aggy is good to me. 
And fuck rooting for OU. I don’t remember the scenario in 2012 but I don’t remember rooting for them ever for any reason.  Maybe I just washed the stench of it off me and forgot about it. 

• Like 1

No. Fuck ND and their shitty propaganda-driven “history.” Fuck everyone of their players from drunk Rudy to asshole Joe Theesman and steroid/dick-sucking  Quinn. Their first fucking heroes were named after war, pestilence, famine, and death. Fuck them and fuck their putting a kid up on a scissor lift in 50 mph winds. Fuck their imaginary girlfriends and their cheating and forfeited wins. Fuck Lou Holts. They get no credit ever, the fucking cheating hypocrites. I can begrudgingly accept the occasional positive reference to the gooners on this site but the plain hats? Never. Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

unlike aggy oldspeak-driven truth-ministry content from pre-ww2, domer actually have real pre-ww2 history, just like michigan, army, navy etc.

their final drive for the last score to put the sword to the fighting macktar brownheels was a kill shot with frangible ordinance.

are they ready to beat bama or tosu or clemson a 2nd time (w/ lawrence)?

don't know.

do know they are not the fraud of the past 25 years and *should* show up and make their semi opponent have to earn the final.

On 11/27/2020 at 11:29 PM, markstanco said:

Yes they beat the #1 team while aggy got smoked by the #2 team.

Oregon state did do them a very, very slight favor tonight however.

I'm not convinced the CFP wants a potential round three of ND vs Clemson.

No. Fuck ND and their shitty propaganda-driven “history.” Fuck everyone of their players from drunk Rudy to asshole Joe Theesman and steroid/dick-sucking  Quinn. Their first fucking heroes were named after war, pestilence, famine, and death. Fuck them and fuck their putting a kid up on a scissor lift in 50 mph winds. Fuck their imaginary girlfriends and their cheating and forfeited wins. Fuck Lou Holts. They get no credit ever, the fucking cheating hypocrites. I can begrudgingly accept the occasional positive reference to the gooners on this site but the plain hats? Never. Fuck them.

You forgot gutless Ara Parseghian kicking to tie to win a “Championship”.

My dad taught me that ‘Fuck Notre Dame ‘ was always the correct response - and I can’t unlearn it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I have no strong feelings about Notre Dame but I think Kelly is a hell of a coach and I am kind of amazed they can win and be relevant as an independent Rust Belt team.

They will always be behind Ohio State and Alabama though, as we all are, until they beat them in the playoffs.

14 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Watching Brain Kelly’s face turn red when ND is getting blown out in big game is must see entertainment.

I wish people found our coach's face turning red when we are losing some big playoff game entertaining. Sure beats watching us lose to TCU every year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/29/2020 at 11:12 AM, El Diablo said:

Notre Dame is the Catholic OU. Have some history, currently do well in their regular season, get invited to the dance where they proceed to trip on their ball gown and fall flat on their stupid face. 

That is actually a good take. They are a version of OU without the 2000 title.

19 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Define respect?

You answered it at the end, but my point was is ND better than say Georgia and aggy?

Clemson without TL was obvious, but they play really good on all 3 teams on the field. This isn't 2010 ND.

I believe Notre Dame currently has a better program than Georgia or A&M. They are right there with OU as a perennial playoff contender, just not one you really think is going to win it all.

Edited by Valmy77

I believe Notre Dame currently has a better program than Georgia or A&M. They are right there with OU as a perennial playoff contender, just not one you really think is going to win it all.
No, that's clemson and Alabama. But they are absolutely a top 3 team. If not 2, even though we all understand Alabama will beat them by 10.

38 minutes ago, markstanco said:
42 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

No, that's clemson and Alabama. But they are absolutely a top 3 team. If not 2, even though we all understand Alabama will beat them by 10.

Yeah that is what I was saying. They are a top program but nobody expects them to beat Clemson (well most of the time), Alabama, or Ohio State.

If the CFP era has taught us anything, it’s that most years there are 1-2 teams that really are at the NC level, some years 3, and almost never 4.

ND gets knocked for not playing a conference schedule but if you look at the opponents they face each year it’s hard to say that their slate is any easier than that of the average Big 10 or ACC champ (no CCG is a legit gripe though). 

They’re a really, really good program but probably not among the 1-2 teams that will win the CFP.  Still no reason not to put them in if they manage to run the table most years.

Edited by 956 Worldwide

top 5 programs in college football right now (past 4-5 years):

1 - alabama/clemson

3 - ohio state

4 - oklahoma

5 - notre dame

the top 3 recruit in a league of their own.  ou is slighly below them and notre dame is below ou.  given what they recruit compared to the rest of their peers, it's pretty impressive that they have been as consistently good as they have been.

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

One thing that speaks to the state of the program is we are actually outkicking our coverage with regard to recruiting rankings.  Once you get outside the Oline, we're bombarded with the "high 3 star" with "deceptive speed" resulting in permanent fringe #10-15 recruiting ranking once the decommits are official.  OTOH schools like A&M, UGA, USC etc all seem to collect the stars but trip up much sooner