December 1st

markstanco

That's when we eat the birds. And drink snow coffee. And buyouts decrease.

Totally embarrassing that matt fucking Campbell goes to Austin and wins.

But, we have to admit that with their facilities and recruiting that rivals nobody it is expected.

Good job herman. 19 days to prepare at home.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That's when we eat the birds. And drink snow coffee. And buyouts decrease.

Totally embarrassing that matt fucking Campbell goes to Austin and wins.

But, we have to admit that with their facilities and recruiting that rivals nobody it is expected.

Good job herman. 19 days to prepare at home.

ecf.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

the days of this not being a business are over.  we don't need to be the white knight letting the dead man walking, who is going to pocket 10M+, finish the season.  the players can portal or decide to quit.  the focus should be on recruiting and next year.  this year is done.  as Tom/Mensa would certainly agree  "all our goals are BEHIND us still"

If they do let him finish it's bad fucking news unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, NIUHuskies said:

Serious question, can Texas afford to buyout during the pandemic?

Money isn't an issue.  But whether Texas can afford it politically -- that's another question.  It certainly would be "bad optics" to be dropping huge sums on buyouts and hiring bonuses, while everyone else is suffering in austerity.

Hasn't stopped some other schools from pulling the trigger, though.

Edited by Ultimate Failure
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I wonder if Herman's the kind of guy who'll respond to this blow to his Jupiter-sized ego by finding some humility, learning from the experience, and working his way back to head coaching gig somewhere and have some real success.

I've seen even bigger jerks than Herman manage to take full ownership of their mistakes and come out the other side as pretty impressive people.

7 hours ago, Ultimate Failure said:

Money isn't an issue.  But whether Texas can afford it politically -- that's another question.  It certainly would be "bad optics" to be dropping huge sums on buyouts and hiring bonuses, while everyone else is suffering in austerity.

Hasn't stopped some other schools from pulling the trigger, though.

Username checks out.

• Haha 1

I wonder if Herman's the kind of guy who'll respond to this blow to his Jupiter-sized ego by finding some humility, learning from the experience, and working his way back to head coaching gig somewhere and have some real success.
I've seen even bigger jerks than Herman manage to take full ownership of their mistakes and come out the other side as pretty impressive people.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Ultimate Failure said:

But whether Texas can afford it politically

Ugh, I was so triggered by yet another concern troll about "muh optics" that I missed this turd that preceded it!  Can we afford it "politically?"  Is that seriously a concern for anyone?  Is there some cabal of politicians that are gonna come down on us like the hammer of Thor for firing an incompetent football coach, or are you just a graduate from the Randolph Duke School of Incessant Fucktardery?

Edited by TriStone
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Herman will finish out the season. We will play in some jerk off bowl and that should (hopefully) be it.

This is the "We're Texas" bs we need to distance from.  Optics, high ground, doing the right thing are all in the "We're Texas" toolbox. I say bs, athletics is business, and when you are paid $5M, decorum goes out the window.  Blow him out, we whiffed, we failed, bad hire , we need to start over and do it asap.

15 hours ago, markstanco said:

And buyouts decrease.

I thought this had been debunked already. There’s no 12/1 date in the contract. Herman gets a guaranteed salary, which he will get paid unless he’s fired with cause, which he won’t be. Fire him now, fire him next month, it’s all the same. Or I could be full of shit.