TEXAS vs. Davidson ESPN2 11am

SDG

WTF. Was buried in a meeting the last two hours. Was able to see the last 15 seconds for both Davidson inbounds plays. Looking at the boxscore, I think I'm glad I didnt watch. sub 30% on a bunch of 3 pt shots and medicore FT shooting. Same old shit indeed. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Texas won the game on the offensive glass. Poor 3pt shooting and middling from the line but not terrible.

Kai Jones should be getting at least 12 looks a game - not 6. Shaka's offense looks passable at least but it's still pretty pedestrian.

The tools are there. Will Shaka use them the right way? History says no. 

6 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

The tools are there. Will Shaka use them the right way? History says no. 

Brown needs to settle in and finish a little better. They might be good enough to overcome poor offensive sets - but there are a lot of good teams that will punish that. Many of them in the B12.

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

coleman legit sucks. this guys a senior?

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

with his best roster ever he will be lucky to be .500 in big 12 this year. same bullshit going on year 6. the fact that Sr year Matt Coleman is slightly better than Frosh Matt Coleman says volume

I can't recall a guy, anywhere, that has played as much as Coleman and looks basically the same as when he started. 

34 minutes ago, Blotto said:

WTF. Was buried in a meeting the last two hours. Was able to see the last 15 seconds for both Davidson inbounds plays. Looking at the boxscore, I think I'm glad I didnt watch. sub 30% on a bunch of 3 pt shots and medicore FT shooting. Same old shit indeed. 

First half offense was decent -- enjoyed watching GB3.

Kai had a good 2nd half

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So- I promised myself I wouldn’t get sucked in, ever again, in a Shaka coached team unless I had proof things were different... y’all tell me when this team gets watchable please/ tho didn’t sound like it from reading the last two pages of game recap. 

It's basically street ball.  They have enough athletes to make it interesting against anybody.  Just don't go into it thinking they will look well-drilled.

10 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

What time is tomorrow’s game? The Maui website looks like the winners of today’s first two games play at 130 on ESPN while losers play at 7 on ESPN2

That doesn’t make much sense to me. Assuming we actually play at 7 tomorrow on espn2

I’d rather play at 12:30 so we don’t have to compete with MSU/Duke or Kentucky/Kansas. I want to watch those too. 

TexasSports says 12:30 

10 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

18 assists to 9 turnovers is great. Kai Jones was 4-4 fg including 2-2 from 3. But I’m still not confident in this team.

At least we have enough dudes now to weather one guy having an off night.  The inside depth is a little concerning.  That greasy bohunk ate Sims' lunch and Hamm couldn't do any better.

3 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Walton is a beating

jesus christ is he is the absolute worst. why so many are so in love with him is a total mystery. they tried to do a piece on Kai Jones during the game, only Walton would not STFU and kept shouting over the guy who was trying to actually narrate the piece. ESPN is displaying a graphic that the i mother guy is trying to go through to give some back story on Kai Jones, and when he says, "he grew up in a house with 7 siblings", Walton interrupts him to ask, "Did you grow up in a house?" and people love this guy. gtfo.

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

At least we have enough dudes now to weather one guy having an off night.  The inside depth is a little concerning.  That greasy bohunk ate Sims' lunch and Hamm couldn't do any better.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One of Kai jones’ 3s was banked in. He missed 2 of the 3 ft I saw him take. 

I didn’t get to watch the game and just went by the stat line. I feel like we are already a bubble team and I don’t know shit about the team. So probably not fair. I’ll try and watch more games as I can. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

jesus christ is he is the absolute worst. why so many are so in love with him is a total mystery. they tried to do a piece on Kai Jones during the game, only Walton would not STFU and kept shouting over the guy who was trying to actually narrate the piece. ESPN is displaying a graphic that the i mother guy is trying to go through to give some back story on Kai Jones, and when he says, "he grew up in a house with 7 siblings", Walton interrupts him to ask, "Did you grow up in a house?" and people love this guy. gtfo.

I turned the audio off and listened to Craig. The audio was about 10 seconds ahead of my stream but I didn't care.