Texas vs. Indiana - "Maui" Semifinals - ESPN 12:30

BigOrange1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

if we shoot well, we'll probably win. how's that for hard hitting analysis?

We/you (need to make up my mind on that one) didn't shoot well against Davidson. Similar Orebounding and a bit better on the defensive end and Texas could get by with similar shooting #s.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hard hitting analysis there, Bill Walton. 

Never before has a team been judged for its shooting prowess than today. Much like the way Eric Rudolph was judged here in the beautiful federal courthouse in downtown Asheville, North Carolina, the Longhorns will similarly be judged. No one knows what is in store for the Running Shaka Smarts. But I will say that the earth and the glorious moon is in line for these great young men to shoot well today and feast on the Indiana defense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

That alley oop was nice. I will never understand why Shaka doesn't push tempo more. Every year he has a team full of elite athletes who are poor shooters that get bogged down in half court offense. Make every fucking game a track meet and 90% of rosters won't be able to hold up. Instead, we almost always play right into their hand.  Shaka really is a Charlie Strong-level incompetent coach but with a much better roster.  

Edited by Burt Macklin

Just now, shadow_operative said:

i don't think Greg Brown has touched the ball in five minutes.

He stands near the perimeter and just asks for the ball. He doesn’t move and he doesn’t want to set picks. But as noted, it is just our guys dribbling around and passing. No semblance of an offense. 

3 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Our “seasoned” guards never fucking look to pass to the screener on the pick and roll ... they still play like nervous freshman way too often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been too many years in a row where our guards don't even attempt to look for the rolling big to attribute it to anything but coaching. Fuck Shaka. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

He stands near the perimeter and just asks for the ball. He doesn’t move and he doesn’t want to set picks. But as noted, it is just our guys dribbling around and passing. No semblance of an offense. 

that "pick" he set a few minutes ago was aborted before it ever began. we always suck at setting/using screens, but that was special. 

Our guards are pure shit on decision making, court iq, shot selection, getting teammates involved, pushing the pace .... yada yada ... Cunningham, Kai and Hamm are working on defense... nobody seems to have a clue how to get the call inside on offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

more great defense from Hamm. and hey, another retarded deep shot from Coleman as well! 

fuck you Shaka. you won't play Hamm, who is out here busting his ass and doing the dirty work, making plays left and right, both defensively and on the glass. meanwhile Matt Coleman, your hand picked, HS All American PG, is now a senior, and he's still out here dribbling in circles, ignoring his teammates, and taking stupid, pull-up, off-the-dribble three point shots because you have failed to coach that shit out of him. seriously, fuck you. get the fuck out.