Texas vs. Indiana - "Maui" Semifinals - ESPN 12:30

BigOrange1

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're being too kind.  We've had a whole bunch more problems than shooting.  Some of them actually seem to have diminished.

I always thought we could play D.  but sure Offensive rebounding has been...offensive for sure.  rotations were shit.   hey I'm trying!

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hate myself for saying this, but we may actually be good? It's Indiana, I know, but still...

As someone who has had more or less a passing interest in Texas basketball for, I don't know, 6 or 7 years now,  I feel like I'm somewhat more objective here than some. 

So, with that in mind, Texas looks pretty damn good through 3. We will find out more against UNC in a game that should be a toss up regardless of what outsiders think.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

As someone who has had more or less a passing interest in Texas basketball for, I don't know, 6 or 7 years now,  I feel like I'm somewhat more objective here than some. 

So, with that in mind, Texas looks pretty damn good through 3. We will find out more against UNC in a game that should be a toss up regardless of what outsiders think.

I agree with this. I watched the UNC/Stanford game and I think we match up well with them. Plus we have that weird curse against them like KState had over us when The Purple Wizard was coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hate myself for saying this, but we may actually be good? It's Indiana, I know, but still...

We are averaging 78 points a game with a margin of victory of 20 points.  Not a terrible start considering the last few years.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I agree with this. I watched the UNC/Stanford game and I think we match up well with them. Plus we have that weird curse against them like KState had over us when The Purple Wizard was coaching. 

it's not so much a curse as it is Roy being stubborn and playing right into our hands. historically he has refused to slow the game down and make us play any sort of half court offense. he's let the game be an up-and-down affair for what must be more than a decade now, and we've always had the athletes to run. this year's team more so than any Texas team since 2009, where as you might recall we dropped 100+ on UNC in a victory at Jerryworld. If Roy seriously tries to play uptempo tomorrow then it should be a really fun game to watch, and we should have every chance of winning. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

the physical prowess and defensive superiority of this team is too much to be ignored. you should be very excited about our players/team, but keep your feelings and expectations guarded as long as Black Gene Wilder is still in charge. 

• Like 1

the success of this team is determined by how dedicated it is to driving the paint.  Most 3s should come off of kick outs after a drive to a wide open spot up 3. When they come down into the half court and make 1 or 2 passes around the perimeter and jack a 3 that's when they fail.  They have solid interior players and the extra pass down low leads to easy buckets that they need to go to instead of lazy 3 point jacks.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the physical prowess and defensive superiority of this team is too much to be ignored. you should be very excited about our players/team, but keep your feelings and expectations guarded as long as Black Gene Wilder is still in charge. 

Oh, I will. I absolutely cannot allow myself to get too excited just because of him

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it's not so much a curse as it is Roy being stubborn and playing right into our hands. historically he has refused to slow the game down and make us play any sort of half court offense. he's let the game be an up-and-down affair for what must be more than a decade now, and we've always had the athletes to run. this year's team more so than any Texas team since 2009, where as you might recall we dropped 100+ on UNC in a victory at Jerryworld. If Roy seriously tries to play uptempo tomorrow then it should be a really fun game to watch, and we should have every chance of winning. 

Dude, what a night. Hell yes I remember 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Those refs were abysmal.

If they would have even been halfway decent we would have beat their ass by forty and it started with one of the worst opening tip tosses I have ever seen. That over and back call on us around the 6:20 mark was atrocious.

Yeah I never rewound that opening tip. Live it looked like a joke.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Parts of the TEXAS team's game is better, but today's 20+ pt win has a "fool's gold" potential because Indiana played terrible -- WOOF.

Team's that slow TEXAS down, force them to run their half court offense, and mix in zone defenses late in the 2nd half will have the recipe to beat this current TEXAS team.  

Another way to cause the HORNS trouble is by getting inside early and getting TEXAS in foul trouble -- especially the bigs.

Hope the HORNS learn a lot in this Finals game on Wednesday...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

It’s not just Roy. Was it 1994 when we beat the brakes off of them with penders when they had some dude named dean smith?

• Hook 'Em 1

Don't forget that the island of Maui is now in the Smoky Mountain foothills.  

Only good thing about today's goofy sports schedule is good excuse to knock off work early for happy hour.  I hope to be somewhere at least for the second half of UNC/TEX later today.  

I meant an outdoor watering hole with large TV's and distanced tables.  Gonna be 65 and sunny at 3:00p-CST.  Not exactly Maui weather, but pretty damn nice for early December.