Dallas Restaurateur Ejects Twerkers

TwiceHorn

That article references this tweet. What is up with the "policy" talk I read online. On a few videos I've watched of people being tossed from stores, restaurants or even planes (pre-takeoff), many of the people being ejected always ask to see a written policy or insist that they don't have to follow rules unless the rules are posted on the wall. "show me the policy that says I can't do _________"

wtf. There is no law requiring posted behavior rules.  Places of business are not junior high where you get a how-to-act manual on day 1. 

Haha 

so the owner that doesn’t want twerking in his place is a misogynist? 

I don’t know what pimp fed women rights people the Pimp code as women’s liberation, but I’ll be fucked if it didn’t work.

Pimpin’ ain’t easy, but it’s a whole lot easier. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

That  place is right down the street from my office.  The worst thing I see in that video is that the place is basically full, and no one's wearing masks.

The restaurant owner posted some of the actual customer twerking videos in his fb response.  He should have tossed them out for standing on the furniture.  #ratchet

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That article references this tweet. What is up with the "policy" talk I read online. On a few videos I've watched of people being tossed from stores, restaurants or even planes (pre-takeoff), many of the people being ejected always ask to see a written policy or insist that they don't have to follow rules unless the rules are posted on the wall. "show me the policy that says I can't do _________"

wtf. There is no law requiring posted behavior rules.  Places of business are not junior high where you get a how-to-act manual on day 1. 

I've never seen it written in a restaurant's policy that I can't walk up and sneeze on another customer's plate, so why is everyone always getting mad and lecturing me?  

I don't know who Jerome Trammel is, but he seems like he sucks.  It's not hard to differentiate between a restaurant and the club and it shouldn't have to be written on the wall that you shouldn't stand on a restaurant's furniture like a toddler and shake your ass.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Owner can obviously make whatever rules he wants, but having a DJ in a “classy” restaurant seems odd if you’re so against club-style dancing. Does he want zero dancing? Zero twerking? Or zero twerking on top of furniture? Seems like the messaging should be more clear.

Regardless, that seems more like a guy who snapped at some really obnoxious behavior (plus we all know how hard restaurant owners are struggling, in addition to how much that job sucks in normal times) so I’ll cut him all the slack for not having a perfectly laid out speech ahead of time. Anyone who’s ever started a restaurant can understand the passion if their “vision” isn’t coming to fruition.

• Hook 'Em 2

Live DJ playing twerking music?

Strict dress code?

$10k to reserve a section on NYE? 

For “not being a nightclub” his place sure seems like it’s playing the part. I can’t think of a nice restaurant I’ve been to that had a live DJ, much less one playing that type of music. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Fairly common in Vegas and many other cities for upscale restaurants to have a dj. It’s not like the bass is shaking the table or that  you can’t  have a conversation. It’s not much different than subscribing to a music service except someone is there live deciding what to play. Some seem to be making a bigger deal about the dj than it really is. It doesn’t mean it’s a nightclub.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Strict dress code?

For “not being a nightclub” his place sure seems like it’s playing the part. I can’t think of a nice restaurant I’ve been to that had a live DJ, much less one playing that type of music. 

Yep that's the issue. I've been to this place. It is a club as much as it is a restaurant. Playing meg the stallion, shots and people dancing will lead to some idiots twerking. The food is good at this place but this dude promotes the club atmosphere 

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Strict dress code?

You should hit up LA sometime

theres a DJ fucking everywhere

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

Strict dress code?

Don’t know about the other reasons but every place in nyc has special rules for NYE and other dates like valentines (which come to think of it are the only two big “ones”). That doesn’t stop them from being a restaurant just bc of those holidays, which this year are going to be even more grandiose for people willing to risk it and owners hurting for cash. 

Now if the $10k res is for every night that’d be completely different but just for NYE? Nah, can’t see how that makes it less of a restaurant. 

11 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

That’s because they’re all unemployed and will do their thing for meals or drinks. 

Not just restaurants.  They’ve all got one in clothing stores like Macy’s and in Trader Joe’s.

Seriously, they are everywhere. And yes, most are starving

Who needs some off brand homeless di when you can stream all the headliners?

As far as twerking/clapping in a restaurant,  let's look at it from a health perspective. Do you really want people essentially blasting out fecal matter and God knows what else with every slap of those juicy ass cheeks all over your dinner?

35 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

As far as twerking/clapping in a restaurant,  let's look at it from a health perspective. Do you really want people essentially blasting out fecal matter and God knows what else with every slap of those juicy ass cheeks all over your dinner?

The ass to mouth crowd in IPIHB may not object.

I imagine you can get a DJ to play for free by offering them exposure. Maybe agree to a free dinner. Or a couple of appetizers.

And it must not be that difficult to be a DJ since you can subscribe or just play someone else's playlist. Probably how you look is more important since that is the point. The location is trying to seem cooler and having a cool looking DJ adds to that image.

5 hours ago, Parliament said:
5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:
Not just restaurants.  They’ve all got one in clothing stores like Macy’s and in Trader Joe’s.
Seriously, they are everywhere. And yes, most are starving

You're making that up.

well, I haven’t been back to LA in about 4 years now, so maybe shit has changed. I’m pretty positive they’re all still starving tho 

I remember they even had one spinning softly at the big movie theater at Sunset and Vine. 

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Do you even mask, bruh?

On 12/1/2020 at 2:16 PM, TwiceHorn said:

https://thegrio.com/2020/11/30/dallas-restaurant-viral-twerking/

Guy's black.  Restaurant serves a black clientele.  And delivers a lecture on inappropriate behavior.

Kevin is actually a Dallas area criminal defense attorney. The restaurant is just his side gig. 

On 12/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Kevin is actually a Dallas area criminal defense attorney. The restaurant is just his side gig. 

He appears to be a good dude. Without knowing more it appears he might not have been clear with his concept but I am sure it wasn’t easy to do what he did. 

I guess what interests me about this is that some of the more obnoxious behavior circulating in modern culture gets defended as some valid cultural or feminist or something behavior.

I can accept that, as far as it goes, but that doesn't mean it's fit for public consumption.

If this guy, Kevin, thinks that twerking, and saggy britches, and sleepwear in his restaurant is unacceptable in the "no shirt, no shoes, no dice" way, I can totally get behind that.  But then my old white guy shows up.  It so happens that several of those things are associated with black culture, but I wouldn't like them any better if white people did them (and they do and it may be even stupider and more obnoxious then).

I'd be interested to know if his DJ ever plays Wet Ass Pussy in the restaurant.  I like some raunchy ass music from time to time, but I'm not ever going to force it on the public.

Edited by TwiceHorn