Texas v. UNC-Mauiville, NC @ 3:00p-CST

Guest Lobo

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We’ve won 9 out of our last 10 games.

Thats the thing that people don't get about my excitement for this team.  We started to figure it out as a possible bubble team before covid.  There's still clearly some deficiencies, but so much talent and age we should be a thorn in anyones side this year.  FFS we just had a 4-5* guy enter the transfer portal..

if we can shoot 35% plus from 3 and 70%+ from FT line we can win a lot of games.  I'm not sure what to do about the fouling.  Yes we need to be smarter but Shaka needs to work the shit out of the officials for our guys.

Sims getting limited minutes is a good thing.

If Kai Jones can keep improving Shaka may save his job.  I like Hamm he just needs to play a bit more under control.

27 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if we can shoot 35% plus from 3 and 70%+ from FT line we can win a lot of games.  I'm not sure what to do about the fouling.  Yes we need to be smarter but Shaka needs to work the shit out of the officials for our guys.

Sims getting limited minutes is a good thing.

If Kai Jones can keep improving Shaka may save his job.  I like Hamm he just needs to play a bit more under control.

Hamm plays hard, but he's undersized to be a big man and he's too slow. He's always half a step late. I absolutely appreciate the work he puts in, but he's too easy to move around, especially with larger 4s and 5s. 

12 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Hamm plays hard, but he's undersized to be a big man and he's too slow. He's always half a step late. I absolutely appreciate the work he puts in, but he's too easy to move around, especially with larger 4s and 5s. 

But he is a banger and he fills that important role needed to win games.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sims getting limited minutes is a good thing?  I don’t particularly like getting out rebounded 50-32 and out-shot at the line 32-14. What a fucking weird comment. 

Great win today. Coleman is much improved thus far. Ramey impressed me but he needs to lower his shooting volume. Of course is Sims is playing more those misses wouldn’t bother me as much. 

Wut

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I flat out didn't believe Texas won 9 of the last 10 when I saw that stat earlier. God I hope this team shows up in February and March.

I hope we eventually play UNC in march madness. Automatic win.

3 hours ago, SDG said:

anyone got links to after game interview?   Youtube is failing me (probably my fault).

Here's yesterdays.  Probably have to wait a day or later tonight to get the UNC post game.  For some reason post game interviews for tourneys or away games are always hard to find.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i like ramey too.  he definitely needs to improve his shot selection though.

He needs to manage his change of pace better.  He's nowhere near as athletic as he thinks he is and at times he over exerts himself when driving to the hole.   Hopefully he'll develop the savvy and finesse of a guy like J'Covan Brown whose game he sort of reminds me of.  He needs to learn the subtleties of the game to get guys off balance more frequently.  If he does he'll be able to get by defenders a little easier because he's definitely not gonna overwhelm anyone with his athleticism.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Wut

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Take away the shot volume and compare him to other guards we’ve had in the recent past. He’s athletic and he takes it to the hole. 

Yeah, obviously the really impressive guy from today was the dude who went 5/17 (29%) while the rest of the team shot 47%. 

16 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

He needs to manage his change of pace better.  He's nowhere near as athletic as he thinks he is and at times he over exerts himself when driving to the hole.   Hopefully he'll develop the savvy and finesse of a guy like J'Covan Brown whose game he sort of reminds me of.  He needs to learn the subtleties of the game to get guys off balance more frequently.  If he does he'll be able to get by defenders a little easier because he's definitely not gonna overwhelm anyone with his athleticism.

he'll dona nice hesitation move to get by the initial defender, and then he'll just aggressively dribble with his head down for five seconds before chinking up some off balance, fade away jumper that he invariably misses. if he could calm down, slow down, and let the game come to him he'd be fine. as of now he's a mixed bag, but either we will need him to compete in the league/postseason. 

14 minutes ago, woohorn said:

What's the rule if the full-court throw in goes in? Just Texas ball like it went out of bounds?

I was wondering that last evening.  That guy almost made that full-court shot but he couldn't hit a chest-pass to a wing 4 feet to his right.  UNC has a Garrett Gilbert on their team.  

I thought it had been established years ago that anything at 0.2 seconds or lower was deemed impossible to get a shot off in time? I guess a full court alley oop would be the only thing that could do it. 
I guess they didn't have decimals on the clock in '86, but Ralph Sampson's "tip in" to beat LA was pretty efficient.

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I mentioned it when it happened, but anyone notice the awful tip-off throw to start the game? I've never seen anything like that. The ref threw the ball about 3 feet up at a 45 degree angle towards the UNC player. 

Hell yeah!! That shit was laughably bad. He damn near hit the UNC player in the head with it. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

21 hours ago, Modessit said:

Great win! Especially after listening to Dennis Miller - er Walton - sucking UNC's dick for the 2nd half.

I really don't understand what some of you expect out of announcers.  Walton spent most of the 2nd half complaining that the officiating was screwing Texas, but you somehow thought he was sucking UNC's dick?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Dennis Miller, "C'mon babe, I mean Walton couldn't be any more in the bag for Texas if he had Bruce Hornsby's brass line hammering out the Wabash Cannonball on Pecan Street after dark daddy-o.  I haven't seen an officiating job this bad since that Methodist cat in Fayetteville way back in '75 tell Bill and Hillary 'I now pronounce you convenient'."  

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I really don't understand what some of you expect out of announcers.  Walton spent most of the 2nd half complaining that the officiating was screwing Texas, but you somehow thought he was sucking UNC's dick?

He definitely spent more time complaining about officiating, I agree.  Some of his comments were very pro-UNC, but meh.  He rightly criticized how shitty the refs were, and a lot. 

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah, he literally called the fouls on Greg Brown one of the greatest travesties of his lifetime. And he did so without a hint of irony because Bill Walton.

He shit on the refs that entire 2nd half.