Fresh Prince Reunion

gsoda3

No posts on this yet?  Watched it this weekend.  I never knew the backstory behind Aunt Viv #1's departure.  I'm glad they focused on a reconciliation.  Must have been terrible for her to see that show, as well as the careers of the actors, progress while she felt she got blindsided.  So hard to not be bitter in her situation.

I never did hear the story about what happened to that first Aunt Viv.  I just know I thought it was weird when I found out in one day that she was played by a woman only 10 years older than Hilary Banks and 8 years older than Will.  And later that day i found out that Estelle Getty (the mom on "Golden Girls") was younger than Bea Arthur and Betty White.  The 90's were fucking wild man.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I never did hear the story about what happened to that first Aunt Viv.  I just know I thought it was weird when I found out in one day that she was played by a woman only 10 years older than Hilary Banks and 8 years older than Will.  And later that day i found out that Estelle Getty (the mom on "Golden Girls") was younger than Bea Arthur and Betty White.  The 90's were fucking wild man.  

In fairness Bea Arthur was only 35 at the time......

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I just know I thought it was weird when I found out in one day that she was played by a woman only 10 years older than Hilary Banks and 8 years older than Will.  

i had no idea.  but it makes more sense now, i was thinking she aged really well.  (which she has).

Edited by gsoda3

Yeah, she was smoking hot on the show, as was Hilary Banks.  So I googled the whole story on her and Will Smith whilst taking a dump an hour or so ago.  

Wow, he really did fuck her over good and well.  (Her words) Will treats her like shit and has zero empathy on set for her.   She was going through an ugly divorce as an older single new mom.  He was popular then, but it wasn't like he had some 20-year franchise to protect, he was just being an arrogant asshole.  But she brings up this good point...the new "cool guy" in L.A., Will Smith, gets her effectively labeled as a high-maintenance trouble-making black actress in L.A.  And for a dark-skinned black woman who really wasn't that established in the acting world, that was the kiss of death.  She was outta work, on the shit-list, divorced, and a new mom.  There was no team of PR people there to smother her and repair her image like there are for the Tara Reids of the acting world.  She was adrift at sea.  Really sucks.  I've never had an opinion one way or the other on Will Smith.  Like everybody my age, I watched "Men in Black" and "Independence Day", but never gave him any thought and never listened to his music.  I did appreciate that he was honest and a good caretaker of the story of one of my idols, Ali.  But other than that, I never really think about him or this TV show.  But holy shit, sounded like he really, really destroyed Aunt Viv's life and didn't give fuck one that he did so until 25 years later.  /rant

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, she was smoking hot on the show, as was Hilary Banks.  So I googled the whole story on her and Will Smith whilst taking a dump an hour or so ago.  

Wow, he really did fuck her over good and well.  (Her words) Will treats her like shit and has zero empathy on set for her.   She was going through an ugly divorce as an older single new mom.  He was popular then, but it wasn't like he had some 20-year franchise to protect, he was just being an arrogant asshole.  But she brings up this good point...the new "cool guy" in L.A., Will Smith, gets her effectively labeled as a high-maintenance trouble-making black actress in L.A.  And for a dark-skinned black woman who really wasn't that established in the acting world, that was the kiss of death.  She was outta work, on the shit-list, divorced, and a new mom.  There was no team of PR people there to smother her and repair her image like there are for the Tara Reids of the acting world.  She was adrift at sea.  Really sucks.  I've never had an opinion one way or the other on Will Smith.  Like everybody my age, I watched "Men in Black" and "Independence Day", but never gave him any thought and never listened to his music.  I did appreciate that he was honest and a good caretaker of the story of one of my idols, Ali.  But other than that, I never really think about him or this TV show.  But holy shit, sounded like he really, really destroyed Aunt Viv's life and didn't give fuck one that he did so until 25 years later.  /rant

You thought the original Aunt Viv was smoking hot? First time I've heard that one. 

Okay, maybe not smoking.  But hot, yes. 

5’8”, 34 years old, professional Broadway dancer’s body, great skin, sweet smile.  Granted it was hard to gauge the ass on those baggy 90’s clothes.  She was very attractive.  Sorry I don’t find fat white women in Texas sexy.  Her look back then is still kinda my jam.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Okay, maybe not smoking.  But hot, yes. 

5’8”, 34 years old, professional Broadway dancer’s body, great skin, sweet smile.  Granted it was hard to gauge the ass on those baggy 90’s clothes.  She was very attractive.  Sorry I don’t find fat white women in Texas sexy.  Her look back then is still kinda my jam.  

Hey, different strokes for different folks my dude.

• Like 1

You don't think the woman in the pink leotard in this clip has a great body?  Athletic, smooth, granted a bit more could be done on the chest...but still.  She was damn sexy.  I like tall, athletic women with rockin' asses.  Chubby white women from texas, while our largest national export, never did it for me.  

Edited by Lobo

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

You don't think the woman in the pink leotard in this clip has a great body?  Athletic, smooth, granted a bit more could be done on the chest...but still.  She was damn sexy.  I like tall, athletic women with rockin' asses.  Chubby white women from texas, while our largest national export, never did it for me.  

She's in shape, sure. I just don't think she's hot. Not attractive, at all to me, in the face.

But like I said, you do you.

Can you find a link anywhere of me saying I'm really into chubby white women from Texas? 

3 minutes ago, lateshow said:

She's in shape, sure. I just don't think she's hot. Not attractive, at all to me, in the face.

But like I said, you do you.

Can you find a link anywhere of me saying I'm really into chubby white women from Texas? 

No dude, I was just picking on the opposite of what Aunt Viv represented.  I have no idea what you're into and don't care.  Yeah, her face wasn't classically beautiful but good skin, big eyes, and a gorgeous smile usually do it for me.  I just wanted to bring up that she was tall and athletic and literally, in real life, a broadway dancer.  I likey that kinda build.  Don't get me wrong, they can get too tall and too athletic/dancer built.  I have to admit in my old age, around 5'11+, I start to get weirded out.  I know it's not right, but it's just what nature hard-wired me for.  My wife is 5'9" and just a shade under my 6'1" frame when she's wearing heals.  That's about my sweet-spot and Aunt Viv used to hit that as well for me.  Anyway, back to the reboot of the show.  

I don't know why but once a year or so I think back on that episode where the family goes new car shopping.  Carlton wants the subcompact, fuel efficient model.  Will sells Uncle Phil on the fast convertible.  And then Will gets a job at the car dealership based on his skills.