Alexis Sharkey thread

shadow_operative2.0

• 1 month later...

We finally have an official cause. 

Alexis Sharkey's death has been ruled a homicide.

On Tuesday, Jan. 19, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences confirmed to E! News that the 26-year-old Instagram influencer's cause of death was strangulation.

The autopsy report will be available after law enforcement concludes its homicide investigation.

Back on Nov. 30, 2020, KHOU11 confirmed that Alexis' nude body was found by city workers off of a Houston highway. She was reported missing days before after she missed a movie date with a group of friends. Family members also grew concerned when she didn't post on social media for 12 hours.

Since her remains were found, Alexis' family and friends have been longing for answers as they try their best to mourn. As Alexis' mother Stacy Clark Robinault wrote on Facebook, "We cannot begin to thank you all for your love and the kind words you've extended to our family! Please give us this time to grieve this incredible loss to our family and this world!!! We will miss you, Love!!!!"

Alexis' best friend Tanya Ricardo also spoke out in an interview with KHOU11 where she expressed her shock over the situation. "I mean, just threw her on the side of the road, naked, like garbage. I just, I don't get it," she said. "No one gets away with something like this. No one."

Many family members speculated that foul play could be involved with Alexis' death.

In a previous interview with ABC13, Stacy expressed her belief that her daughter "was murdered" and cited a "mother's gut" for her suspicions. "I learned very young as a mom to trust my gut," she explained. "It's not let me down."

Based on social media posts, Alexis was a fashion and beauty lover who enjoyed spending time with her husband, Tom Sharkey, and friends.

"She was always happy, always had a smile on her face," Tanya previously shared. "A lot of people looked up to her. She was just very, very positive. I don't know who could have done something like this to her."

She added, "Whoever did this, we're going to find them. We're going to do everything it takes. So, everyone can put her to rest in peace."

Anyone with information in this case is asked to contact the Houston Police Department Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).

Just a strange story that keeps getting stranger. 

- 22 year age gap between Sharkey and her husband. He's not a wealthy guy, so it doesn't appear to be a sugar daddy situation. 

- Calling herself a social influencer with all of 15k followers. Hard to make that Instagram money with so few followers. 

- Multi-level marketing

- The choking tidbit 

- Family/friends state Sharkey feared for her life, but won't elaborate. I haven't seen one public statement where they accuse the husband. 

- HPD doesn't bother to arrest the husband. He could literally be anywhere now. 

- HPD doesn't bother to name anyone as a person of interest. 

- HPD/medical examiner take a full month to complete the autopsy and determine a cause of death.

If you can get over Nancy Grace, there are some good tidbits in this podcast. 

Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/tt/podcast/26-year-old-instagram-star-naked-dead-on-roadside-what/id1193068130?i=1000501358545

The approximate location of the body was 1000 Red Haw Lane Houston, Texas. 

Fox 26 Houston reported that a nearby business has video of the car that might have dumped the body. 

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If you can get over Nancy Grace, there are some good tidbits in this podcast. 

Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/tt/podcast/26-year-old-instagram-star-naked-dead-on-roadside-what/id1193068130?i=1000501358545

The approximate location of the body was 1000 Red Haw Lane Houston, Texas. 

Fox 26 Houston reported that a nearby business has video of the car that might have dumped the body. 

Midtown?  Shit, that's nearly Katy.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Just a strange story that keeps getting stranger. 

- 22 year age gap between Sharkey and her husband. He's not a wealthy guy, so it doesn't appear to be a sugar daddy situation. 

- Calling herself a social influencer with all of 15k followers. Hard to make that Instagram money with so few followers. 

- Multi-level marketing

- The choking tidbit 

- Family/friends state Sharkey feared for her life, but won't elaborate. I haven't seen one public statement where they accuse the husband. 

- HPD doesn't bother to arrest the husband. He could literally be anywhere now. 

- HPD doesn't bother to name anyone as a person of interest. 

- HPD/medical examiner take a full month to complete the autopsy and determine a cause of death.

It's almost like you're implying HPD is inept and has incompetent leadership 

• Haha 3

Eh, I think she was a partial decomp when they found her body, so it can take awhile to autopsy, and I am sure HPD knows where that choad is. Now they have a cause of death they will start turning the screws. This is the kind of case they really don't want to fuck up and it seems like a slam dunk. 

But who knows.

louisville-dunk-fail-gif.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Eh, I think she was a partial decomp when they found her body

Negative. 

Cale said friends now believe the last time anyone heard from Alexis Sharkey was on Friday, Nov. 27. She sent a casual message on Instagram at 6:30 p.m. to a friend. They said she was at her Houston apartment watching movies.

Sharkey's body was discovered the next morning, just a short drive from the complex.

Close friends told ABC13 they filed a missing person's report for Alexis Sharkey, not knowing she had already been found lifeless. They said the pending investigation has left them worried about their safety and eager for action.

"It's the fact that we have nothing. It's been almost a month now. My biggest fear from the beginning because of how big Houston is and how there aren't a ton of police officers compared to the population ... is that this was going to get swept under the rug," said Cale. "It hurts my heart that she felt like she couldn't talk to us sooner because maybe this could have been prevented. We could have done a little bit more."

John Richardson works as a supervisor in the City of Houston's Solid Waste Department. He said the Thanksgiving holiday pushed back service to the weekend, which is why a garbage truck driver was picking up in the area of Red Haw Street.

Richardson spoke out to Campion about the disturbing discovery.

"(The employee) called me and said, 'Man, I think see a body but I'm for not sure, or a mannequin or something,'" said Richardson. "He really didn't know because he didn't stop."

Richardson told the employee to continue his pickups and that he'd go out to look for himself with a co-worker. Richardson soon discovered the naked body of Alexis Sharkey.

"So we're looking and we see feet. The feet were in the road," said Richardson. "Man, I'm just devastated. I'm looking at a human being lying there dead. It kind of shook me up a bit. We can't help her. We can't bring her back."

Richardson told Campion he can't stop thinking about the horrible situation. He called the find bizarre, and said Sharkey wasn't wearing a single piece of clothing. She looked like someone delicately placed her in the brush along the road.

"It plays back in my head every day. I constantly see her lying there. It plays back in my head," said Richardson. "It's like she just got out of the tub. Her body was clean. There was nothing on her body. Her body was clean."

Richardson is convinced someone is responsible.

"She kind of was in the fetal position ... in the way that the body was laid. I think somebody actually laid her there. They didn't just throw her out," said Richardson. "It's just a mystery at this moment. I hope they find out who did it and bring justice ... so that at least the family and friends can be at ease."

Richardson said he didn't see any visible injuries or wounds to the body.

• Hook 'Em 1

- Multi-level marketing

Depends. If the followers are just horny dudes and she only has 15k of them, she wasn’t making any money off it. If the followers were mostly her down line in whatever MLM she did, she could easily have been pulling down 6 figures if the MLM doesn’t have a shitty pay structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

Depends. If the followers are just horny dudes and she only has 15k of them, she wasn’t making any money off it. If the followers were mostly her down line in whatever MLM she did, she could easily have been pulling down 6 figures if the MLM doesn’t have a shitty pay structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are MLMs without shitty pay structures?  99.9 percent lose money in those things.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There are MLMs without shitty pay structures?  99.9 percent lose money in those things.

there are.  granted, it's a business model polluted with straight up ponzi schemes and phony products that will fill your garage w/ auto-shipped bullshit.  but there's nothing about direct sales itself that's shady. it just lends itself to those who want to build shady businesses.  some of them, probably a slim minority, sell a legitimate product and offer a legitimate commission structure to their reps.   my wife makes 50-100k/yr selling Younique, in addition to a couple of free vacations/year.  she has ~15k followers on social media almost all of which are women involved in the makeup thing either as customers or sales reps in her downline.   

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My mistake mentioning MLM. It wasn't my intention to distract from the thread. 

Has there been any updates since HPD released the cause of death? Has Alexis' family traveled to Houston? She needs advocates to move this thing along. 

its gone quiet. her peeps are in PA. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My mistake mentioning MLM. It wasn't my intention to distract from the thread. 

Has there been any updates since HPD released the cause of death? Has Alexis' family traveled to Houston? She needs advocates to move this thing along. 

well, it's relevant to the murder.  if she was financially independent, it lends credibility to the idea that she was leaving him. which goes back to the original point:  when are they arresting this husband?   strangulation is personal.  laying her down rather than tossing her out of the car is personal.  this arrest has to be coming soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bob Lives! said:

well, it's relevant to the murder.  if she was financially independent, it lends credibility to the idea that she was leaving him. which goes back to the original point:  when are they arresting this husband?   strangulation is personal.  laying her down rather than tossing her out of the car is personal.  this arrest has to be coming soon. 

Fair enough.

Some of the rumors out there on Reddit and elsewhere : 

- Alexis had been with another man in Mexico recently. 

- Alexis had divorce papers at her home before her disappearance/murder 

There's Tom Sharkey's motive. 

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fair enough.

She's going to meet friends for movie night.  Her body is found naked and clean.  I'm guessing she just got out of the shower and was getting ready to leave the house.  He's jealous.  Sees her getting all gussied up for the evening.  Thinks she's getting ready to go meet another man.  Chokes her to death in a fit of jealous rage.  

1 minute ago, Bob Lives! said:

She's going to meet friends for movie night.  Her body is found naked and clean.  I'm guessing she just got out of the shower and was getting ready to leave the house.  He's jealous.  Sees her getting all gussied up for the evening.  Thinks she's getting ready to go meet another man.  Chokes her to death in a fit of jealous rage.  

I think you might be right. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

There was a torrential downpour in Houston while the body was likely out in the elements. 

I keep going back to the surveillance video. If they have the car, why is no one in custody? 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fair enough.

#1 true. i forget the details on #2. however, she was wanting to go back to mexico to be with #1.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yeah, I have very little faith in HPD solving this case. 

It's pretty simple. It's either Tom or the new boyfriend Sebastian, but everything points to Tom. The site of the dumping ground stands out to me. It's a pretty empty road for that part of town and it's just a few exits from their apartment. Only a local would know about that road.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tell us more about that area ???

Sharkey's body was found on Redhaw St. It's right off the I 10 West Frontage Road. There's a small business/house near the frontage road, but it's basically field/trees behind the Addicks Reservoir. The closest landmark is the Omni on Eldridge, probably within a few hundred yards.

It's definitely in the Houston Energy Corridor, but on a small pocket of undeveloped land. It floods like a SOB over there, and nobody wants to live next to a major interstate. 

The Sharkey's apartment was/is at The Grove on Wilcrest. It's the new pink apartment complex at Wilcrest and I 10 West. It looks like some shit they'd build in Palm Beach. It's pretty hard to miss. 

To get from the Sharkey's apartment to Redhaw, a driver would head west on 10, and exit Eldridge. It's 3 exits, and a shade under 3 miles. 

The police have said they have video from the parking lot of the aforementioned business on Redhaw, Jentry Kelley Cosmetics. It looks like a cosmetics store that somebody is running out of an old house. 

Just my opinion, but you'd have to be pretty familiar with area to know about Redhaw. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

I still think it was Tom, but he’s done just enough to throw off the HPD brain trust. Such as not confessing immediately. 

I’m kind of surprised the case has gone cold. HPD claimed to have the car that dumped the body on video surveillance at the very beginning of the investigation. Obviously if it’s Tom’s car on the video, Tom would be in custody. I think he had access to another car. 

It also rained extremely hard after the body was dumped. Alexis was found naked, but anything useful on her body might have washed away. 

The killer has had some lucky breaks and is hopefully on borrowed time. That said, there are a lot of cases like Sharkey’s that absolutely stump police, and don’t get solved until they get a confession or someone comes forward with new information. 

I could hit the grove with a golf ball from my front yard and I've never heard of Redhaw Road.  You're right, there's not a lot of places around here where you could dump a body without a decent chance of someone noticing.  From Google Maps that looks like a good location.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Sharkey's body was found on Redhaw St. It's right off the I 10 West Frontage Road. There's a small business/house near the frontage road, but it's basically field/trees behind the Addicks Reservoir. The closest landmark is the Omni on Eldridge, probably within a few hundred yards.

It's definitely in the Houston Energy Corridor, but on a small pocket of undeveloped land. It floods like a SOB over there, and nobody wants to live next to a major interstate. 

The Sharkey's apartment was/is at The Grove on Wilcrest. It's the new pink apartment complex at Wilcrest and I 10 West. It looks like some shit they'd build in Palm Beach. It's pretty hard to miss. 

To get from the Sharkey's apartment to Redhaw, a driver would head west on 10, and exit Eldridge. It's 3 exits, and a shade under 3 miles. 

The police have said they have video from the parking lot of the aforementioned business on Redhaw, Jentry Kelley Cosmetics. It looks like a cosmetics store that somebody is running out of an old house. 

Just my opinion, but you'd have to be pretty familiar with area to know about Redhaw. 

username doesn't check out.

• 4 months later...