I have a Georgetown fan insisting that the Big XII has been *at best* the 4th best hoops league in the last 7-8 years

shadow_operative

The conference is very tough, no doubt. But we don’t have that many skins on the wall. Since 1990, the Big 12 has only 1 title, Kansas in 2008. Hard to claim you are the best conference when you don’t produce champions.

I would definitely say we are the most difficult conference though. There is not a single easy win on the schedule. Ever.

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

The conference is very tough, no doubt. But we don’t have that many skins on the wall. Since 1990, the Big 12 has only 1 title, Kansas in 2008. Hard to claim you are the best conference when you don’t produce champions.

I would definitely say we are the most difficult conference though. There is not a single easy win on the schedule. Ever.

Ya'll beat up on each other for damn sure, and there's lots of talent, which always makes me scratch my head about the lack of national Cham-peen banners.

the tourney is just a different animal. as my dad broke it down for me one time, you have to beat one cupcake and then beat five really tough teams in a row. you simply can't do it without some luck and good fortune. but as far as a 30 game regular season goes, playing in the Big XII brings as tough a slate as any conference in America, year in and year out. 

Edited by shadow_operative

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...