Five of our next ten games are against teams ranked in the KenPom Top 10

shadow_operative

65c181dcdae4c337c795cd8fda3dd953.jpg

Thoughts? Predictions? I actually really like what I've seen from our team and encouraged by what i've seen. Believe it or not I actually never expected us to blow it today, which i always did in years past. This team has some real fight and camaraderie, and we're athletic and active enough to give most teams fits defensively. I can't call it on a W/L record, but I expect us to be competitive, and I hope we can find ourselves as a team during this stretch. We need Ramey to calm down/cede some minutes, and we need GB III to get more comfortable/get more minutes. We have been far from perfect and yet we're still undefeated and playing quite well. I'm really excited to be excited again. If we come out of this stretch with 7+ wins then i suspect i'll be pretty happy. Guess we'll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

villanova will bet us. by double digits.

i really wish we were able to have a crowd for this one. as shorty as the FEC has historically been, it gets filled up for big games like this, and when the FEC gets rocking it is awesome. Plus, of all of the big games i have been to at the FEC, the best traveling away crowd by far was the Nova crowd back when we beat them in 2006. they brought a shit ton of people, and i don't have to tell you that a crowd from Philly gets today. they bought out two entire consecutive sections in the mezzanine and stood on their feet making noise all day like some European soccer fans. i wish for our players, as well as our chances to win, that we could Fill The Drum for that one. 

6 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I’ll be at game. So doubt it. We prolly only lose by 6

it was poking fun at derka.  some years back, texas was coming off a big win and people were excited and the next game was kansas and he started a thread entitled, "kansas will beat us.  by double digits."  long story short, texas won.  

think it was the year we ended up getting hosed against arizona in the ncaa tournament.  

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

it was poking fun at derka.  some years back, texas was coming off a big win and people were excited and the next game was kansas and he started a thread entitled, "kansas will beat us.  by double digits."  long story short, texas won.  

think it was the year we ended up getting hosed against arizona in the ncaa tournament.  

derp, even i missed that. and you're 100% right.  we went into The Phog and J'Covan just killed KU, and we won handily. same year we got hosed vs Zona. i'll blame the PTSD on me not remembering that. good call. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Thoughts? Predictions? I actually really like what I've seen from our team and encouraged by what i've seen. Believe it or not I actually never expected us to blow it today, which i always did in years past. This team has some real fight and camaraderie, and we're athletic and active enough to give most teams fits defensively. I can't call it on a W/L record, but I expect us to be competitive, and I hope we can find ourselves as a team during this stretch. We need Ramey to calm down/cede some minutes, and we need GB III to get more comfortable/get more minutes. We have been far from perfect and yet we're still undefeated and playing quite well. I'm really excited to be excited again. If we come out of this stretch with 7+ wins then i suspect i'll be pretty happy. Guess we'll find out.

Then you get to play 4 of them again. Damn Big12 is scary this year.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I don’t know, the whole 2nd half I was having ptsd. Was pretty sure we were going to lose and we would have if not for Coleman’s play. Shaka didn’t help us as usual.

id take 6-4 and I’m completely with you. This team needs one more scorer to step up and it needs to be Brown.

• Like 1

Baylor will be the litmus test for me. For as long and athletic that we are, those guys are mean and physical. We need to prove we can match their physicality without fouling and use our height advantage to keep the rebounding numbers close. Baylor really is the class of D-1 basketball this season so a loss won't disappoint me, but I would like to see our guys retain an edge against a team that will try to play bully ball.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...