2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Oladipo too? Not bad with all those picks.

Rockets get: Oladipo, Exum, Kurucs, 3 Brooklyn first round picks in 22, 24, 26, 1 Milwaukee first round pick in 22 (unprotected), 4 Brooklyn first round swaps in 21, 23, 25, 27

Nets: Harden

Pacers: LeVert, 2nd rounder

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Ferntits being a broke, cheapass motherfucker is the reason why we didn't go for Simmons? Thoughts on this trade. When you trade a superstar, you will always lose a trade. Trying to make sense of this haul

You never fully know the details of trades that don’t happen. Who knows if Simmons was ever on the table and the amount of picks too. Plus Simmons is meh to me. He can’t shoot at all. I mean yea he can pass and all that but you gotta be able

to shoot or come playoff time they clog the lane and you’re worthless.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Rockets get: Oladipo, Exum, Kurucs, 3 Brooklyn first round picks in 22, 24, 26, 1 Milwaukee first round pick in 22 (unprotected), 4 Brooklyn first round swaps in 21, 23, 25, 27

Nets: Harden

Pacers: LeVert, 2nd rounder

This is a pretty good haul right? These picks should be pretty damn good with the age of Harden and Durant.

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Ferntits being a broke, cheapass motherfucker is the reason why we didn't go for Simmons? Thoughts on this trade. When you trade a superstar, you will always lose a trade. Trying to make sense of this haul

This trade is about draft picks, draft picks, draft picks. It will be interesting to see what the Rockets do as the trade deadline approaches.

2 minutes ago, APMP said:

Even if unprotected, the picks don't look like they will be very high. But still, sometimes you take quantity when you can't get quality.

Well if we suck we have our hopefully lottery pick with these picks. So in some years we could be selecting twice. Of course I have no idea what years we even have a pick since we gutted our future for fat fuck harden.

22 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I like the Ben Simmons deal with Philly a lot more.

Why, the dude can't fucking shoot the ball from anywhere on the court outside of the restricted area. Even his FT shooting is abysmal. You aren't winning anything with him as your #1 or #2. He's a taller version of Andre Iguodala.

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Miami package was much better. Hell the original Nets package was much better. Stone tried to prolong the inevitable, and he paid the price. 

Yep this is why I said before the season trade him now and don’t wait. The longer you wait the worse the packages and picks get. But the picks in this deal are good. I bet they trade tucker and definitely will try to off load Gordon. And I said try but his contract blows ass.

We were so fucking close to winning it all in 2018. God just loves to fuck with Houston sports fans. Think where we were back then as a sports town. Astros defending champs, Deshaun back from injury and our future looked bright and the Rockets with an MVP Harden and just a CP3 hamstring away from winning it all. Now we have Easterbunny, Ferntits, Cal and what will be a Springer and Verlander-less Astros team that got fucked by MLB losing the best GM in the game and one of the best managers. 2020s are going to be a dark, dark decade.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yep this is why I said before the season trade him now and don’t wait. The longer you wait the worse the packages and picks get. But the picks in this deal are good. I bet they trade tucker and definitely will try to off load Gordon. And I said try but his contract blows ass.

Oladipo is better than any better Miami for Brooklyn could have offered, and the other good player from the Nets blew out his knee.  Maybe Kurucs develops with steady playing time, he's now the 3rd tallest rostered player. Maybe they will stop playing 4 guards and 1 big all the time and wonder why they are getting destroyed on the glass.

on one had, it's sad that this era is over.  they were so fucking close in 2018 and if harden and cp3 could have just found a way to make it work, they'd still be a contender today.  

on the other hand, it's obvious that it was time to move on.  i'm not in love with the package (would have rather gotten ben simmons and tyrese maxey), but who knows what those 2024 and beyond draft picks could be?

i know that the dogshit i watched last night would have been super painful to watch all season long so i am intrigued to see what the new look squad looks like.  agree that tucker and gordon need to be traded as well.

• Hook 'Em 5