2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

18 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

shit, might not even have to try and tank.  this team right now is awful.

Yep but don't worry. The first of 3, 30th-32nd pick in the NBA draft from the Harden trade is only about a year and a half away! At least that Cavs pick might be worth something.

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, Pasken said:

Yep but don't worry. The first of 3, 30th-32nd pick in the NBA draft from the Harden trade is only about a year and a half away! At least that Cavs pick might be worth something.

If tonight is any indication, nope. Even though it's the Bucks pick.

This team is so bad, how do we not have more than 1 capable big on the team? Why the fuck did Stone want a shitty 1st round pick over Allen and Prince?

Edited by HtownHorn

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

If tonight is any indication, nope. Even though it's the Bucks pick.

This team is so bad, how do we not have more than 1 capable big on the team? Why the fuck did Stone want a shitty 1st round pick over Allen and Prince?

To save money. 

So Porter jr hasn't played this season? then i look it up and 4 days ago the cavs were about to release him for a outburst in the locker room then the rockets come in and trade a second round pick for him. He was drafted 30Th overall in 2019. I know nothing about his game and I am all about risk/reward but holy fuck how many headcases do we need to deal with? Hope it works out for him though and the Rockets.

The Rockets should do everything they can to trade everyone they can for First round picks besides Christian Wood and then tank for a top 4 pick. I'm not sure why anyone would want to keep this team around and end up with a pick that falls between 5-14 which means we lose the pick, Do whatever you can to get a top 4. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It's a low risk move, but yeah...given his background, I'm not a fan of it.

The allegations against him and his locker room meltdown indicate he's an immature knucklehead.

This is an obvious move towards a complete teardown of this team. 

Gordon, Tucker and Oladipo will be gone by the deadline

Cousins will probably be waived

7 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So Porter jr hasn't played this season? then i look it up and 4 days ago the cavs were about to release him for a outburst in the locker room then the rockets come in and trade a second round pick for him. He was drafted 30Th overall in 2019. I know nothing about his game and I am all about risk/reward but holy fuck how many headcases do we need to deal with? Hope it works out for him though and the Rockets.

The Rockets should do everything they can to trade everyone they can for First round picks besides Christian Wood and then tank for a top 4 pick. I'm not sure why anyone would want to keep this team around and end up with a pick that falls between 5-14 which means we lose the pick, Do whatever you can to get a top 4. 

I read that 2nd round pick is so heavily protected (top 55 or something) that is not expected to convey. Basically got him for nothing. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I read that 2nd round pick is so heavily protected (top 55 or something) that is not expected to convey. Basically got him for nothing. 

Yea I read they want him Lucas to see if he can help him. Maybe so. Wood is out tonight too so I think we are seeing a lot of guys missing every game from here on out till the trade deadline. Let’s go full rebuild and grab a top 3 pick. 

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How many picks will Gordon’s contact cost the Rockets? Two pick swaps feels right. 

There’s no reason to trade him. You should want to suck the next two years.  The nba has a salary floor. You can go ahead and pay 60 million for Wall/Gordon, suck, and not lose any assets along the way. 

• Like 1

If this current roster is healthy for an extended period of time, this is low seeded playoff team with a decent chance at winning the division. That said, a team with Wall, Cousins, Gordon, and Oladipo is a pretty safe bet to never be healthy for an extended string of games.

Oladipo will be traded before the deadline, likely Tucker as well. I like the kid from Arkansas, and I am interested to see if Lucas can do anything with Porter Jr.

Sterling Brown is doing some good things as is McLemore.

Rockets should be active at the deadline moving some guys.

Looks like something like this after the deadline

PG - Wall, Jones, Exum

SG - Gordon, Brown

SF - House, Nwaba

PF - Tate, Martin

C - Wood, Cousins

Probably not bad enough to get a top 4 pick.

Edited by HtownHorn

been running some trades through the trade machine.  tucker and oladipo to miami for dragic and leonard (both non-guaranteed next year) works.  miami has their 2022, 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027 first round picks.  think we could get their 2022 pick unprotected and one of the 26 or 27 picks with like top 8 protections on them?  it'd be doing right by pj and adding another first round pick or two to the harden haul.

(that trade can't be made until 2/20).

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

been running some trades through the trade machine.  tucker and oladipo to miami for dragic and leonard (both non-guaranteed next year) works.  miami has their 2022, 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027 first round picks.  think we could get their 2022 pick unprotected and one of the 26 or 27 picks with like top 8 protections on them?  it'd be doing right by pj and adding another first round pick or two to the harden haul.

(that trade can't be made until 2/20).

We want Miami to be as bad as possible.

Rockets have 20 games left in the 1st half of the season. They play 4 teams with winning records, and only Philly is more than 1 - 3 games above .500 in this stretch.

My guess with the current roster and health, a 14-6 stretch is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Edited by HtownHorn

It seems like the Rockets are trying to stay competitive while rebuilding.

If the Rockets are trying to win games, this should be the starting line up: Wall, Oladipo, Tate, Wood, and Cousins. Cousins needs to start as he is ineffective coming off of the bench. This means that the Rockets need to find some spare bigs.

It would be nice if the Rockets would give an update on Dante Exum and his calf injury. If he can stay healthy, he could be a solid PG, but he has an expiring $9.1M contract.

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like the team as constructed. They can’t/shouldn’t resign Oladipo. I wish he had another year on his deal. It’s nice to see a guard play defense for once. 

If they let him walk will they have enough cap space for a max guy (and is there one out there better than oladipo)? Would hope they could get some kind of asset for him..

1 minute ago, ChemicalHorn said:

If they let him walk will they have enough cap space for a max guy (and is there one out there better than oladipo)? Would hope they could get some kind of asset for him..

Oladipo is a UFA after the season I believe. They could maybe get a first from a contender that doesn’t want their pick. So Lakers, Clippers, Sixers, Bucks. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Oladipo is a UFA after the season I believe. They could maybe get a first from a contender that doesn’t want their pick. So Lakers, Clippers, Sixers, Bucks. 

If you can convince him to resign that is better than a shitty 1st.

Even if they trade Oladipo, they aren't going to be shitty enough to hang onto their 1sts they owe OKC, so if the idea is to tank, it ain't happening outside Wall, Oladipo, and Wood going down with season ending surgeries.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

If you can convince him to resign that is better than a shitty 1st.

Even if they trade Oladipo, they aren't going to be shitty enough to hang onto their 1sts they owe OKC, so if the idea is to tank, it ain't happening outside Wall, Oladipo, and Wood going down with season ending surgeries.

It's not necessarily a shitty first if the Rockets can get a 2022 1st round draft picks because that draft looks like it will be deep.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Porter Jr starts getting major playing time once Oladipo is moved. He's John Lucas's project for the time being.

think this team (when healthy) is too good to really tank and honestly, they might finish with a better record than okc and miami which means they would just keep their own pick anyway.  i know it is definitely more fun to watch them right now and cheer them on than it is to root against them as they play like they have the past 5 games.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I didn't think this team would sniff .500 again yet here we are.

Why? Wall and Oladipo are a very good two way back court. Wood is playing at an all star level, and the team is full of the right mix of veterans and new comers with something to prove.

Sure everything could come crashing down as Wall, Oladipo, Wood, Cousins, and Gordon have not shown recently that they can play full seasons, but when healthy this team is top 5-6 in the west on paper.

• Hook 'Em 1