2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

Rockets going to call up Porter and Martin from the G League for the 2nd half of the season. Both guys should be starting and getting 30 minutes a night to see if they are worth keeping. Hopefully this signals the upcoming trades of Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker, McLemore, and maybe House.

PG - Wall, Exum

SG - Porter, Brown

SF - Tate, Nwaba

PF - Martin, ???

C - Wood, Patton

• Hook 'Em 1

i almost wonder if the stage is being set for harden to come back in a couple of years.  he gets to go have his brooklyn adventure and maybe win a ring and then gets to come back and finish his career where he'll always be remembered for.  maybe kd goes and finishes up somewhere else too and brooklyn sucks and all of those mid to late 20's picks end up being really good.

14 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i almost wonder if the stage is being set for harden to come back in a couple of years.  he gets to go have his brooklyn adventure and maybe win a ring and then gets to come back and finish his career where he'll always be remembered for.  maybe kd goes and finishes up somewhere else too and brooklyn sucks and all of those mid to late 20's picks end up being really good.

Harden is not Lebron and does not have the same ties to Houston as Lebron had to Cleveland.

Not Going To Happen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Rockets going to call up Porter and Martin from the G League for the 2nd half of the season. Both guys should be starting and getting 30 minutes a night to see if they are worth keeping. Hopefully this signals the upcoming trades of Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker, McLemore, and maybe House.

PG - Wall, Exum

SG - Porter, Brown

SF - Tate, Nwaba

PF - Martin, ???

C - Wood, Patton

You might be on to something. Outside of Wall's contract, Gordon's would be the most difficult to dump.

https://sports.yahoo.com/woj-rockets-guard-eric-gordon-135013641.html

58 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You might be on to something. Outside of Wall's contract, Gordon's would be the most difficult to dump.

https://sports.yahoo.com/woj-rockets-guard-eric-gordon-135013641.html

His extension is only 3 years, the 4th year only becomes guaranteed if Gordon makes the AS team (not going to happen) or his team wins the NBA championship (if that's the case then that team shouldn't give a shit about a 4th year).

Him having a career shooting season helps as does him finally getting in shape.

Edited by HtownHorn

I hope we can trade all of them. Tucker, Wall, Gordon, House, and Oladipo.

No reason for any of those guys to be on this team after the March deadline, other than financial reasons.

Would also love if the Rockets could somehow draft Brown, Jones, and Sims.

• Hook 'Em 1

Love PJ but he has had a shitty attitude since Harden left. I wonder if Harden told him he was coming with him to Brooklyn  
Nah... He wanted an extension and more money and didnt get an offer like he wants... And he won't get one like he wants, most likely.

He wanted 2/24 and Houston offered 2/17 with only 10 G'd. He'll probably get 2/15 somewhere...

I hope our moron front office is gonna make some trades soon. After they offered Dipo an extension I lost a little confidence they are wanting to rebuild through tanking and the draft. 

also think the trade deadline being after the all star break I’d dumb as fuck. Getting guys to new teams with some practice days before the second half of the season starts makes way more sense than 4 days after it starts. 

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I hope our moron front office is gonna make some trades soon. After they offered Dipo an extension I lost a little confidence they are wanting to rebuild through tanking and the draft. 

also think the trade deadline being after the all star break I’d dumb as fuck. Getting guys to new teams with some practice days before the second half of the season starts makes way more sense than 4 days after it starts. 

i would be shocked if tucker and oladipo were on the team after the trade deadline.  but you know how this goes, typically nothing happens until a day or two before the deadline or on deadline day itself.

51 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The lottery odds will be in our favor this year. I don't think we have won the lottery since the year we drafted Yao Ming

Rockets have only had a losing record one time since the Yao draft. Also, unfortunately the lottery is different this year. No matter where they finish, the Rockets have only a 52% chance of getting a top 4 pick and keeping their pick and a 14% of getting #1. 

They gave Oladipo an offer they knew he'd refuse. It wasn't a real attempt.

4 hours ago, Snacks said:
20 hours ago, TonyTexas said:
Well no trade here. The Rockets might not win another game this season. 

Isn't EG expiring after next year? He'll get traded, just not this season.

He's got two more seasons, only the final year is non-guaranteed. This was a set back, as we was actually playing well enough to get flipped for something.

Porter Jr and Martin have looked good since returning from the GLeague. Porter Jr. should be the PG moving forward as Wall should be traded for whatever they can get for him.

There is no need reason to have these vets on the team anymore, just like there is no reason that Silas should be the coach once the team is ready to compete again.

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Rockets have only had a losing record one time since the Yao draft. Also, unfortunately the lottery is different this year. No matter where they finish, the Rockets have only a 52% chance of getting a top 4 pick and keeping their pick and a 14% of getting #1. 

image.gif.79e229fb253e1c1df5e7e8d452054d15.gif

• Like 1

He's got two more seasons, only the final year is non-guaranteed. This was a set back, as we was actually playing well enough to get flipped for something.
Porter Jr and Martin have looked good since returning from the GLeague. Porter Jr. should be the PG moving forward as Wall should be traded for whatever they can get for him.

There is no need reason to have these vets on the team anymore, just like there is no reason that Silas should be the coach once the team is ready to compete again.
So, help me understand how anyone knows Silas shouldn't be the coach.

I don't talk to a lot of NBA coaches or GMs.