2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

also they should draft davion mitchell with one of their picks.

Yeah, I am good with that. He's a better version of Monte Morris, who is a great guy off the bench for the Nuggets. Even if he takes Augustin's spot on the roster.

48 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

heat lost tonight, which is always good in case the lottery gods do not smile upon us.

I still have hope they slink down to the play-in games and get eliminated. Only 1 game ahead of both the Knicks and Celtics.

Establishing a floor of the lottery would be huge, I think even getting Kai Jones or the forward from Gonzaga at the end of the lottery would be very good. Though maybe a lottery and their other two firsts, and can get them into the Top 5.

Edited by HtownHorn

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I still have hope they slink down to the play-in games and get eliminated.

it's a possibility.  spots 4-9 in the east are just separated by 4 games.  an ill timed losing streak and you can lose several positions very quickly.  

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I still have hope they slink down to the play-in games and get eliminated. Only 1 game ahead of both the Knicks and Celtics.

Establishing a floor of the lottery would be huge, I think even getting Kai Jones or the forward from Gonzaga at the end of the lottery would be very good. Though maybe a lottery and their other two firsts, and can get them into the Top 5.

I get the sense no way no how anyone is trading a top 5 pick in this draft for other draft compensation. It’s considered 5 legit dudes and then a big drop off. 

Even within the Top 5, it seems like there is a clear Top 3 of Cade, Mobley, and Suggs. Which of the three would y'all want if we picked first? I think I lean Cade because he might have the highest ceiling. Suggs /Mobley are basically tied for second.

44 minutes ago, APMP said:

Even within the Top 5, it seems like there is a clear Top 3 of Cade, Mobley, and Suggs. Which of the three would y'all want if we picked first? I think I lean Cade because he might have the highest ceiling. Suggs /Mobley are basically tied for second.

I lean Cunningham and Suggs because basketball has evolved into guard play being the most important aspect.

Mobley is good, but if no one can get him the ball inside...

2 hours ago, APMP said:

Cade, Suggs, Mobley in that order.

I think a Cade/Suggs + Porter backcourt would be crazy. Then you add in Wood and Tate. Then you need to go draft size. No more playing 4 guards and wondering why you can't get a rebound.

I do hope they resign Olynyk, he's a great backup 4/5.

• Hook 'Em 1

and i think my dream of their drafting davion mitchell is probably out the window.  don't think he'll be lasting until the portland pick.

i suppose they could still get him if they don't get in the top 4 and get miami's pick, but my dream was to get him + a top 4 pick.

Cade

suggs

Mobley in that order. I really like Mobley. I like the other two guys a lot as well. Good draft. I would bet, that even picking at the back end of this first round, they would have the opportunity to draft a couple guys that would be contributors on a really good team. 
sorting through and finding that is the crapshoot, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

See what happens when you play two proper bigs? You outrebound the other team. Took Silas and Co this long to figure it out. But need to get back their regularly scheduled program of losing (even if it is to the fucking Mavs).

About to say, let's see how Silas blows this one. 16-9 so far in the 4th.