2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

13 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

This team could sneak into the 4 spot if they can stay healthy and happy.

There is reason for cautious optimism. If the Rockets win the upcoming game against the Grizzlies in Memphis, I'll be a believer. Also hoping these guys will continue to behave responsibly to prevent missing games due to COVID tracing.

14 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

There is reason for cautious optimism. If the Rockets win the upcoming game against the Grizzlies in Memphis, I'll be a believer. Also hoping these guys will continue to behave responsibly to prevent missing games due to COVID tracing.

Why would a game with the 9-6 Grizzlies with a +2.6 point differential be a touchstone?

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Why would a game with the 9-6 Grizzlies with a +2.6 point differential be a touchstone?

The game is on the second night of a back to back on the road against a team that I think will make the playoffs. The team is improving in health and play, but none of these wins on the current streak have struck me as newsworthy. 

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I am enjoying this run and think we are better than people think but we will cool off and IF we make the playoffs it will be in the 6-8 range. 

That's the reality. But I'm not sold Memphis either. Or Utah for that matter. Can they maintain that energy for the whole season?

I think Houston has lost every game Wall has missed since the Harden trade. Tonight the Rockets have a 13 point half time lead at Memphis with Wall playing. When he is out, like last night, the Rockets really don't have another player on their roster that can create for others and run the offense like he does.

It also doesn't help that Oladipo was playing in Antarctica.

Oladipo out tonight.

WTF, these injuries and lineup shuffles are fucking getting ridiculous.

Also, I love PJ Tucker, but he has been horri-bad.  He isn't a fit on this team  His skillset (at least what he used to bring to the table)would be better suited for a contender that needs a solid wing defender.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah these past few games have been awful. Without Wall on the court this team has no chance to run anything resembling an offense.

Back on the trading Tucker, Oladipo, and whoever else. This team has way too many fucking guards and not enough forwards.

I assume you meant bigs, and not forwards. We don't need any more undersized players. Need bodies on the roster that are at least 6'10" that can rebound and play defense.

Sitting Wall and Gordon out simultaneously was boneheaded. Come on Silas, you couldn't keep them on minutes restrictions and have them play in platoon? This coaching staff has yet to impress.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I assume you meant bigs, and not forwards. We don't need any more undersized players. Need bodies on the roster that are at least 6'10" that can rebound and play defense.

Sitting Wall and Gordon out simultaneously was boneheaded. Come on Silas, you couldn't keep them on minutes restrictions and have them play in platoon? This coaching staff has yet to impress.

No I meant forwards. We have 1 guy on the roster that gets regular playing time that is in the 6'6" to 6'9" range. I agree only having Cousins to play the 5 position is fucking abysmal roster construction. But even with Wood and Cousins forming a really good 5 combo, there are no other forwards besides House on the team. Just a fuck load of 6'3"-6'5" guys and outside of Wall, none that can create open looks for the other guards on the team.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:31 PM, HtownHorn said:

Why? Wall and Oladipo are a very good two way back court. Wood is playing at an all star level, and the team is full of the right mix of veterans and new comers with something to prove.

Sure everything could come crashing down as Wall, Oladipo, Wood, Cousins, and Gordon have not shown recently that they can play full seasons, but when healthy this team is top 5-6 in the west on paper.

It's the Houston sports way

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

good loss.  they need to trade oladipo.  team is too good with him.  trade him to the knicks for whatever + their 2021 1st round pick (lottery protected).  the knicks should make the playoffs this year so it's another mid round pick.  sit wood for the rest of the season.  best case scenario, the rockets pick in the top 4 + have two more mid to late first round picks this year.