Colt Wins!

Domedriver

Truly amazing.  My expectations for this week, being week 1, were Colt not being injured and completing a few passes.  Watching the highlights, he was rusty for sure, especially in the first half.  But the 2nd half he seemed like himself.   This really could be the team that comes out of the east and goes to the super bowl, especially if the OL can improve every so slightly in pass blocking. 

watched the highlights. he looked great in the 2nd half. some of the calls for him didn't suit his strengths though, but I guess that is expected

the ran the shit out of the ball. poona and diggs got pita rolled. 

trying to imagine the offence I would run in the NFL with colt. his limited arm strength makes it hard but he has that quick release and good mobility. 

8 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

I have them winning the SB by 2 touchdowns.

I don't think the Giants are beating any team by 2 Tds, but I think Colt's accuracy and leadership go up as the weeks go by, and assuming everybody on the Giants stays healthy, this team has a legit. chance to go to the big game. 

Funny in an old mans kind of way, I was going to post a headline I saw on the brand new Statesman web page announcing that Colt had gotten married! 🤪 to my good fortune my Shipley catcher thing kicked in and I checked the date of the headline story.  2011

it almost could have been a Lee Corso moment, his pen and beedie eyes saying “Not so fast!”

it breaks my heart to see, a paper that I paperboyed for back in 1970-2, ...  at least I had that Shipley Catch algorithm to save me.

I say Corso, and money whip the best OC and DC in the world!  
RIP Fred.  I actually paid to attend his Thursday Luncheon at the Union when I was a student... oh forgive the old mans 🤘

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 11:37 PM, Domedriver said:

Funny in an old mans kind of way, I was going to post a headline I saw on the brand new Statesman web page announcing that Colt had gotten married! 🤪 to my good fortune my Shipley catcher thing kicked in and I checked the date of the headline story.  2011

it almost could have been a Lee Corso moment, his pen and beedie eyes saying “Not so fast!”

it breaks my heart to see, a paper that I paperboyed for back in 1970-2, ...  at least I had that Shipley Catch algorithm to save me.

RIP Fred.  I actually paid to attend his Thursday Luncheon at the Union when I was a student... oh forgive the old mans 🤘

wut?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 11:37 PM, Domedriver said:

SpeedyComplicatedGangesdolphin-small.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• 9 months later...
  • Colt wins again!  Just watched the highlights on YouTube.  Looked very sharp with the short passes and completed one long one.  

Then he did what I assumed he would never do again, fake a draw take off running.  What is Kyler's injury?  Don't know how fast Colt will be able to rebound.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

I just read today that Colt was released a few days ago by Arizona.  Makes sense, with the new coach, etc.  He should be done. 

He did make it all of the way through training camp, so he is almost certainly the "last man standing" from the greatest Rose Bowl game ever played.  Of course I am referring to January 4, 2006, when Colt was standing on the sidelines watching Vince perform his magic.  

This should close the book on the players that were on the field for those two schools.  I know this has been covered before, but I would like the final numbers on the 2006 Rose Bowl vs the 2003 Fiesta Bowl - Ohio St. vs. Miami.  I certainly think these were the top two bowl games in terms of both talent and exciting close bowl games.  

Obvious number is not quite so obvious - Because Reggie's Heisman was taken away -  1 for Rose Bowl vs 1 for Fiesta Bowl - Troy Smith - Ohio St won in 2006, so I am thinking he was on the sideline in January 2003, but not sure. 

I just read today that Colt was released a few days ago by Arizona.  Makes sense, with the new coach, etc.  He should be done. 

He did make it all of the way through training camp, so he is almost certainly the "last man standing" from the greatest Rose Bowl game ever played.  Of course I am referring to January 4, 2006, when Colt was standing on the sidelines watching Vince perform his magic.  

This should close the book on the players that were on the field for those two schools.  I know this has been covered before, but I would like the final numbers on the 2006 Rose Bowl vs the 2003 Fiesta Bowl - Ohio St. vs. Miami.  I certainly think these were the top two bowl games in terms of both talent and exciting close bowl games.  

Obvious number is not quite so obvious - Because Reggie's Heisman was taken away -  1 for Rose Bowl vs 1 for Fiesta Bowl - Troy Smith - Ohio St won in 2006, so I am thinking he was on the sideline in January 2003, but not sure. 

well, now the Jets need a backup QB....and Colt has played in NY before so why not? 

8 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Fuck Aaron Rogers for his bitching when Texas went to the Michigan Rose Bowl.

And fuck the Jets if they go and get Chad Henne over Colt fucking McCoy.

Dude the Jets are permanently in tank mode they don't want a capable QB

Colt, on SXM, did state that he felt that this season’s preparations was the best he felt in his career! I digress, as I’m not in his head, but only rooting for him, whichever decision he chooses! Hell, he could come back to UT, as an analyst, and help with the QB room.

Hook’em!!!

Colt owns the Dunkin Donuts at 183 and Pavillion, and the remodel is great. He could work the drive through. I bet he'd even give me extra napkins. 

Why do you feel to disparage one of the best QBs to take the field on the 40? All he did was win for us - post VY. Colt is a LEGEND that wore the Burnt Orange!

Hook’em!!!

22 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Why do you feel to disparage one of the best QBs to take the field on the 40? All he did was win for us - post VY. Colt is a LEGEND that wore the Burnt Orange!

Hook’em!!!

Nothing wrong with an honest living bud. He's a businessman. Eminem worked the drive through at his spaghetti joint.

• 1 month later...

wow, just heard Colt's name twice on NBC!  They said he has been in for a workout---with the Vikings? 

I would like Colt to get one more shot, to say for the final time that he was the last man standing from the 2006 BCS championship game..

Remember, he was on the sideline, in uniform.  Any idea if there is anybody else still in the league from that game?

• Hook 'Em 4

doing the math here, fall of 2006 to fall of 23 = 17 seasons.  I saw a short bit today that a lineman is in the league for year 20 now, didn't catch his name. 

So, while it is possible there is another player in the NFL who was on the sideline that night in 2006, chances are mighty slim. 

11 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I think Brian Robison was the last starter from 2005 to play in the NFL. 

I agree.  What I am looking for is the "last man standing" from the players who wore a uniform for their team in the great game.  My guess is it would be a young QB, most likely someone in the same class as Colt, a redshirt freshman who just happened to be in uniform on the field.  

I suspect Colt was dressed out because he was the fourth string QB and would have played and burned his shirt had Vince, Matt, and Matt gone down.  I don't know if any other position would have dressed a 4th string player, kind of doubt it.  

If Colt does indeed become the last man standing, my goal in life is to get a picture of Colt in a Texas Uniform,(easy enough) and get him to autograph it with the words "last man standing" on it. 

At the moment, I am trying to google USC 2005 freshmen redshirt players and getting nowhere fast. 

• Hook 'Em 2