Your Honor — Showtime

AustinMT

21 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Watched the 2nd episode last night.  It's entertaining enough, but Cranston playing the roll of a guy trying to stay one step ahead of the real bad guys is a bit played out.  

thats exactly what i was thinking during that last episode.  not really too far off from the them of breaking bad.  good guy doing something bad, putting on an innocent front.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 9:20 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Every time Walter White gets involved, shit gets worse.  I liked the first episode.  Looking forward to more.

The “every move I make gets me further under” character goes back even to “Malcolm in the Middle” for him. And he’s great at it.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I kind of stalled out on ep 2.  Just re-watched it, thinking maybe I was distracted.  And got distracted again.

Any point in continuing?

This is kinda where I am. The son just drains the life out of my soul.

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

it takes a turn around ep6 that kinda defeats the purpose of a lot of the stupidity from eps 1-4, and the son becomes more of a minor character. 

the thing cranston does with the aw shucks as he awkwardly tells lies take me back to walter white in a cringy kind of way. 

Yep — the last 2 episodes really have him swirling down the drain.  Worth powering through the mid-episodes

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Juicy said:

this is not a good show. I have wanted it to be good so many times, but watching the episode from sunday was a beating.

i dont think it's terrible.  the worst part to me is the relationship between the judges son and the gangster's daughter.  they dont even know each other, he basically manipulated the whole thing, he's keeping a critical secret from her, etc.  stupid.  as for the judge, he seems to have no moral compass.  i'm wondering if we're going to find out he killed his wife.

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

i dont think it's terrible.  the worst part to me is the relationship between the judges son and the gangster's daughter.  they dont even know each other, he basically manipulated the whole thing, he's keeping a critical secret from her, etc.  stupid.  as for the judge, he seems to have no moral compass.  i'm wondering if we're going to find out he killed his wife.

I will never understand why shows make certain characters completely unbearable. The son has zero redeeming qualities and all of his storylines are ass. Like I get making the heel hated but why you have semi protagonists as whiney bitches doesn't make any sense. 

The son bothers me to no end. He makes so many illogical decisions, just to add drama. It's too bizarre to believe. The battling gangs is also a huge stretch. Not a believable storyline, to me. But, the wife likes it.

My guess 

Spoiler

Judge is trying to get gangster family all  indicted. Using the snitch. That's his out. Politician buddy will assist

did anyone else notice they showed a couple "scenes" that didn't actually appear in previous episodes?  mainly the stuff with the wife/photos/desire, which obviously now ties back to the affair that we're just now hearing about?

they are attempting to tie all this together but are rolling out the plot moments in such bizarre sequence.

the gangster knows who adam is, but doesn't know that adam was driving the car.  i feel like everyone else knows this, but cranston has to act like he did it, to protect...his son?  his family?  the same shit he's protecting now by pretending he did it?  seems like baxter will be much more mad when he finds out the truth, not that it matters.

i really hate when a show has "twists" that are only twists to the characters in the show, but not to the audience.  it isn't an "oh shit" moment when baxter figures something out, if we've known about it for 6 episodes.

also, baxter and his henchman need to stop meeting up with cranston (the past 2-3 episodes).  i think he understands the stakes.

Noticed a few scenes are filmed at Dizzy's in the 7th Ward north of Jackson Square. 

Had an Air BnB down the street for a bachelor party 2 years ago and we left with our minds blown. Best fried chicken and gumbo buffet I've had in my lifetime. That with my Dads side all from the Baton Rouge Slidell area.  

Good but not great series. Cranston is legit though. 

Edited by Blackcat00

On 2/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, TexasMan said:

Went into the finale waiting to be underwhelmed, but surprisingly was not. Very whelmed indeed.

that last episode took a surprising turn.  saved us next year from a season of their roadtrip journal though.  whew.  next season will be better with that character gone.   though i know it's going to send the judge even further off the deep end, he seems to be losing allies quickly.  the detective, the lawyer/gf, the mil, etc.  i'm guessing the mayor will stick with him.

5 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

that last episode took a surprising turn.  saved us next year from a season of their roadtrip journal though.  whew.  next season will be better with that character gone.   though i know it's going to send the judge even further off the deep end, he seems to be losing allies quickly.  the detective, the lawyer/gf, the mil, etc.  i'm guessing the mayor will stick with him.

Im going to say he isnt even dead. 

18 hours ago, Juicy said:

Im going to say he isnt even dead. 

i was wondering about that too, but with that kind of wound and loss of blood unlikely.  if that character has been killed off, which i hope, then that leaves the writers so much more character development for stories theyve hardly gone into, like the mayor and the mil.  those are worldclass actors too so should be getting more airtime.

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2021 at 8:27 AM, Player said:

It was a limited series. If there’s a season 2 it won’t be on showtime.

Welp... 

I also don't understand why there's going to be a season 2 of this. I think all that was needed to be said was. I'll watch the first ep to see if it's worth following along still. 

Showtime has all the pieces in place to do a great Bulger series in Boston with City on a Hill. Just make Jackie look a little younger. 

Start the season in the 90s and then end it when Bulger flees indictment in December 1994. 

The subject has been done to death in film, but I think 13 episode series could detail how awful Bulger really was. Drug dealing, sex offender, killing women. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife and I tend to have one show at a time we watch together, and right now this is it.  

I’d kinda given up on this show in the later third of season 1, but as the scope has expanded in season 2 I’m starting to enjoy it more. Obviously won’t be The Wire of New Orleans but I’m definitely enjoying it more.  

But one thing that bugs me is how there’s no sense of scale for the Desire or mafia gangs…like it’s supposed to be these epic forces in the city but all we ever see is like four people talking.  The Wire especially did a great job using extras, dialog, staging shots and overall atmosphere to give you the sense that The Game never ceases.  

Speaking of The Wire…shiiiiit

Edited by Homercles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just finished binging it. Overall decent, several good subplots but the son in the first season about killed me, as did the whole Desire thing. As mentioned above, it was like 4 people. That said, I did enjoy the Baxter family drama, although it seems like Michael Stuhlbarg based his character on a combination of Willem Dafoe, Brando’s Godfather, and the Joker.  The acting from Cranston and Hope Davis was superb, the rest were meh.