Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

I hadn’t thought of the population control angle, but that would be effective long term if that were a concern to some. 

I don’t think anything is wrong with it necessarily, I was just curious TBabe’s thoughts on the rapid rise given her view that none of these decisions are a conscious choice. 

A choice?

Why would someone choose to be marginalized and discriminated against? For funsies?
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

There was a time not too long ago that children who were naturally oriented to be left handed would have their left hand sleeve pinned to their clothing in order to force them to write with their right hands. Beyond the perverted obsession to make these children conform,        not much else was achieved since they remained naturally left handed in their orientations.

One of my junior high coaches had those parents.  He'd get whipped whenever he used his left hand.  I remember him telling that story and thinking it was bizarre.  Then I later when I started hearing about the gay conversion movement I thought back to that story and realized that some people just need to have control over everything.  They want you to choose x because they want you to choose x and there is no better reason to choose x than because they said so.  I feel for all the people who chose x when their natural inclination was to choose not x in an effort to get along with their parents or other authority figures.  I'm thankful every day I figured out how to get past that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

won’t be long before two things happen ..
1. Abbott or Desantis will make sure their select election fraud unit is in charge of counting all votes. Probably bring in cyber ninjas to help.
2.  these elections fraud units will watch you vote, just like any other authoritarian govt. best way to prevent fraud is to make sure you vote for the right party
Why would they watch us vote? Much easier to throw the votes out afterwards.

4 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well, the good news is, it's complicated, so it's ok if you don't know all the details, since it's not details that ever affected you directly.  But in the end, most people are either straight or they aren't.  Those that aren't may choose to try straight relationships.  That doesn't make them straight, it just means they are trying to ignore their non-straightness, sometimes it can be done successfully, but usually it's a recipe for disaster.  I was gay the whole time I was dating females.  And that's why I stopped dating females, because I finally was willing to admit that and deal with it.

And, if you weren't able to "admit that and deal with it" there's a really good chance that you would have married a woman and ruined her life. 

My buddy ditched school when he was 14 or so.  Came home, assuming his parents were both at work.  His Dad was working alright...working a stiff cock down his throat in the living room.  My buddy has some serious issues to this day, and he's in his 50's. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

There was a time not too long ago that children who were naturally oriented to be left handed would have their left hand sleeve pinned to their clothing in order to force them to write with their right hands. Beyond the perverted obsession to make these children conform,        not much else was achieved since they remained naturally left handed in their orientations.

my sister is left handed. She was forced to learn to write with her right hand. I don't recall any sleeve pinning though. She writes right handed but does everything else left handed.

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

One of my junior high coaches had those parents.  He'd get whipped whenever he used his left hand.  I remember him telling that story and thinking it was bizarre.  Then I later when I started hearing about the gay conversion movement I thought back to that story and realized that some people just need to have control over everything.  They want you to choose x because they want you to choose x and there is no better reason to choose x than because they said so.  I feel for all the people who chose x when their natural inclination was to choose not x in an effort to get along with their parents or other authority figures.  I'm thankful every day I figured out how to get past that.

I have never heard of this practice and it's weird as hell.  Guess they weren't baseball fans.  

I wouldn't agree completely, I mentioned several times that I thought DeSantis was doing this as a red meat stunt and that it was bullshit.  Thru the conversations, it was immediately evident our children are all over the place on what they know, have been exposed to, or sheltered from, even if not intended.  Some folks had more faith in their kids schools/teachers than others, and several of us would rather tackle the subject at home.   Wanting to handle it at home doesn't mean this shit in Fla is the right move, and I've said as much throughout the thread.  I've never used the word groomer in my life.  I didn't even know wtf it meant until seed showed his ass in another thread today.  My talking points weren't Fox news specials.  
That's the problem.  It apparently is horrific, but wasn't meant in malice, or said to irritate.  Saying it to piss off the board would be a cunt move.  Mine was ignorance.  I was sincere in the sentence that it wouldn't even be a second thought if my daughters "are" gay.  I just chose a poor word, and apparently the worst one.  I have exactly 0 problem owning it, because I wasn't trying to hurt anyone (just ignorant). I'm trying to work on that ignorance to avoid this in the future.  Aside from taking my lumps along the way, all I can do is become more educated on it.  Ignorance is no excuse etc, but trying (hard) to become educated on it all. 
Thanks for the honest discourse and effort, sincerely.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have never heard of this practice and it's weird as hell.  Guess they weren't baseball fans.  

I've heard of dad's trying to make lefties of their sons for the sake of baseball.

54 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

And, if you weren't able to "admit that and deal with it" there's a really good chance that you would have married a woman and ruined her life. 

My buddy ditched school when he was 14 or so.  Came home, assuming his parents were both at work.  His Dad was working alright...working a stiff cock down his throat in the living room.  My buddy has some serious issues to this day, and he's in his 50's. 

This is, unfortunately, not uncommon at all.

59 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

god i hate this stupid phrase

43 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

my sister is left handed. She was forced to learn to write with her right hand. I don't recall any sleeve pinning though. She writes right handed but does everything else left handed.

lefty here, i recall thinking you right handed people were just stupid.   I never really cursed your type until it came to having no lefty scissors in class.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

won’t be long before two things happen ..
1. Abbott or Desantis will make sure their select election fraud unit is in charge of counting all votes. Probably bring in cyber ninjas to help.
2.  these elections fraud units will watch you vote, just like any other authoritarian govt. best way to prevent fraud is to make sure you vote for the right party

Why would they watch us vote? Much easier to throw the votes out afterwards.

throwing out votes is undemocratic ! 

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I wish it was a choice.

I would LOVE to have a wife to take care of me.

Unfortunately, I like dick. And dicks are, again, unfortunately attached to men.

Girldick is so much better than any penis attached to a man. Go get yaself some.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I wish it was a choice.

I would LOVE to have a wife to take care of me.

Unfortunately, I like dick. And dicks are, again, unfortunately attached to men.

Eh, check out the "Wives and the stupid things they do" thread.  Other than the giant crab, insane shopping, and a few other exceptions my husband does some wife shit on the regular.  Dick.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Well I wouldn’t have ruined her life because I’m me, but I’d have been doing my best to ruin my own life. Or I would’ve wound up dead from drugs or alcohol or suicide. When people try to lie to themselves about things they fundamentally know are true about themselves, it takes a toll. Acting out in destructive ways is common, and the results can be awful for the person lying and the people they are connected to. Fucking sad that we are actually actively trying to go back to that time. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The Latin word sinistra means of or pertaining to the left side.  Left-handed people were regarded as "sinister," evil.  Of course this was in ancient times until the middle ages or so.

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The Latin word sinistra means of or pertaining to the left side.  Left-handed people were regarded as "sinister," evil.  Of course this was in ancient times until the middle ages or so.

This.  Latin medical texts also make this distinction.  It's fucking weird, but also reflects what we continue to perceive as "Normal." 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Rape?  Adultery?  Fornication?  Looks like I need to give this Bible a read sometime.  

and an insanely smitey main character. dude is like a legend. he has 2.8M+ kills (possibly 10x that depending on which publisher you read) vs like 10 for his rival. kinda aggy levels of disparity

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

There are a lot more examples than what he listed here. Other than just pointing out the hypocrisy is there any legal merit to his request?

He's testing the law and its verbiage - in his complaint he's specifying applicable sections of the new law and using the same criteria that MAGAs used to ban books. If they strike down his request it weakens the state's legal ability to uphold other book bans

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

Probably been discussed already, but no wonder teachers are leaving. Are we going to start having 20-30 parents telling the teacher how and what to teach each of their children now? So the parents are going to be the boss over teachers? This is all a coordinated effort by the GOP to get states to pull money from public schools and give to parents so they can send their children to private Christian schools. They’ve been working on this for 30+ years. The GOP blame the Dems for taking over our country, I’m afraid it’s the other way around. And the Reps are winning. 

YEP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Probably been discussed already, but no wonder teachers are leaving. Are we going to start having 20-30 parents telling the teacher how and what to teach each of their children now? So the parents are going to be the boss over teachers? This is all a coordinated effort by the GOP to get states to pull money from public schools and give to parents so they can send their children to private Christian schools. They’ve been working on this for 30+ years. The GOP blame the Dems for taking over our country, I’m afraid it’s the other way around. And the Reps are winning. 

someone tell that stupid mother fucker pompeo, it's called voting in your school board election or running for a position. that's your say you dumb mother fucker

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

someone tell that stupid mother fucker pompeo, it's called voting in your school board election or running for a position. that's your say you dumb mother fucker

Is the GOP now going with “We are a democracy not a republic” now?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Here's the thing... teachers don't just get to decide what they teach. Curriculum is decided by the state. Districts have say in scope and sequence. Depending on the school, teachers have say in the how, but the what is taught is decided at the state level. You'd be surprised how many people don't know this, but I'm sure Pompeo knows it. This is just him spouting bullshit to throw red meat to the morons. It would be maddening if it wasn't so sad. And yes, it is playing a part in why teachers are leaving the profession.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and an insanely smitey main character. dude is like a legend. he has 2.8M+ kills (possibly 10x that depending on which publisher you read) vs like 10 for his rival. kinda aggy levels of disparity

He also has an interesting take on science.