Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Disney may have the upperhand in this silly, reactionary move that Desantis pulled to remove Disney's special district.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article260783972.html

Wait you mean this was a dumbfuck move by dumbfucks in violation of existing Florida law?  That's odd, I had it on very good authority that DeSantis is doing a great job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m going to assume that multiple bonds have been procured over the years for various reasons, as the initial bonds from the original project would be like 50 years old by now. I wonder if Disney policy is to always have a certain balance outstanding and new bonds on a schedule, as a safety net for their fiefdom. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m going to assume that multiple bonds have been procured over the years for various reasons, as the initial bonds from the original project would be like 50 years old by now. I wonder if Disney policy is to always have a certain balance outstanding and new bonds on a schedule, as a safety net for their fiefdom. 

If I was their inhouse lawyer in that improvement district, I would be claiming today that it was on purpose.

Perhaps Florida can beat down Disney but Disney can make long term decisions that impact Florida economically. And it doesn't have to be as extreme as shutting Disney World but slowly removing some operations to other locations. Those decisions can be decades-long decisions against Florida.

9 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Wait you mean this was a dumbfuck move by dumbfucks in violation of existing Florida law?  That's odd, I had it on very good authority that DeSantis is doing a great job!

What kind of stupid, idiotic, cocksucker thinks that Desantis is doing a great job?

Oh...wait. 

• Haha 1

Disney has quietly informed the governor that it will prevail:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/28/desantis-florida-disney-world-debt-00028619

The latest twist in the Florida versus Disney saga came when Reedy Creek called into question the legality behind the Legislature’s move to dissolve the special district, which granted the entertainment giant the ability to build its own structures without seeking approval from a local planning commission and to collect taxes and issue bonds. The district was created in the 1960s.

In a note to investors first reported this week by WESH 2 in Orlando, Reedy Creek officials pointed to a previous agreement between Florida and the special district that seemingly could prohibit the state from altering its status until bond debts are paid.

Reedy Creek is currently carrying approximately $1 billion in outstanding debt, according to Fitch Ratings, burdens that Democrats and the special district said could be unloaded on Orange and Osceola Counties nearby Disney World. After the Legislature approved the measure punishing Disney, Fitch Ratings placed Reedy Creek on a “rating watch negative,” which is essentially a warning to investors.

On Thursday, Fitch released an additional cautionary note, saying that Florida’s move to dismantle Reedy Creek “heightens bondholder uncertainty” and hif the state doesn’t find a way to resolve the debt issue it “could alter our view of Florida’s commitment to preserve bondholder rights and weaken our view of the operating environment for Florida governments

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hearing the same arguments from this thread from two goobers in a sketch is fun for a laugh

I don’t know who the guy is. I assume he’s a writer for the show too. The girl is writer Jenny Hagel and I think she’s really funny. She usually appears in the bit called Jokes Seth Can’t Tell. This is the first time I’ve seen her playing a character. She’s good.

Disney may have the upperhand in this silly, reactionary move that Desantis pulled to remove Disney's special district.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article260783972.html

Disney has quietly informed the governor that it will prevail:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/28/desantis-florida-disney-world-debt-00028619

The latest twist in the Florida versus Disney saga came when Reedy Creek called into question the legality behind the Legislature’s move to dissolve the special district, which granted the entertainment giant the ability to build its own structures without seeking approval from a local planning commission and to collect taxes and issue bonds. The district was created in the 1960s.

In a note to investors first reported this week by WESH 2 in Orlando, Reedy Creek officials pointed to a previous agreement between Florida and the special district that seemingly could prohibit the state from altering its status until bond debts are paid.

Reedy Creek is currently carrying approximately $1 billion in outstanding debt, according to Fitch Ratings, burdens that Democrats and the special district said could be unloaded on Orange and Osceola Counties nearby Disney World. After the Legislature approved the measure punishing Disney, Fitch Ratings placed Reedy Creek on a “rating watch negative,” which is essentially a warning to investors.

On Thursday, Fitch released an additional cautionary note, saying that Florida’s move to dismantle Reedy Creek “heightens bondholder uncertainty” and hif the state doesn’t find a way to resolve the debt issue it “could alter our view of Florida’s commitment to preserve bondholder rights and weaken our view of the operating environment for Florida governments

A whole lot of these. Most states have laws, even constitutional provisions, making public debt sacrosanct, for 1000 good reasons. Reasons like “if states can just walk their debt, I won’t buy those bonds,” and “bonds backed by the full faith and credit of the state, which are incontestable and can’t be voided, can be issued at a very low interest rate, which is very good for the taxpayers.”

And as a result, the government can’t just say “naah, nevermind” after the bonds have been issued. Which is a big part of what Florida just tried to do. Which further demonstrates that this was just a stunt, not serious move, which is the entire GQP playbook these days.

I didn't know that churches were under the control of government. Oh you want me to say this never happens, unlike what I'm hearing from y'all and teachers. 

Except “grooming” is something that happens without regard to who the “groomer” is. In fact - and this may come as a great surprise to you - functionally all “grooming” of children for sexual exploitation happens completely outside of any government institution. It happens in families, friend groups, churches, boy scout troops, etc.
And the entity supposedly super worried about “grooming” - the govt of Florida - doesn’t seem too concerned about the thing they are supposedly worried about because they do functionally nothing to address the 99% of circumstances where it actually happens.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

I didn't know that churches were under the control of government. Oh you want me to say this never happens, unlike what I'm hearing from y'all and teachers. 

so one might say, you’ve been “groomed” to believe grooming occurs….in schools.

The Man Sunglasses GIF by ION Mystery

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Please please keep fighting this bill guys.  You should totally fight for the right to discuss sexual orientation with kindergartners. 

Republicans won’t be getting 20% of the black vote in November. 

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I agree. The black vote will still fall in line. It is a NPR poll though. It’s not Rasmussen. 

The dividing line between people with children and not is striking. Make of that what you will. 

Black parents won’t buy the CRT bs either.

Please please keep fighting this bill guys.  You should totally fight for the right to discuss sexual orientation with kindergartners. 

No educator is clamoring to discuss sexual orientation with your children. Our goal is for all children to feel safe and accepted. Really don’t get why that’s so hard to comprehend but at least it keeps you entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Rs write a law that says a,b,c and x,y,z are now illegal.  Everyone is ok with a, b, and c being made illegal even though it’s not really a problem. Some people have an issue with x, y, and z being made illegal and voice their displeasure- up to and including being willing to be against the bill as a whole as written. 

Rs:  ah ha!  You want a,b, and c to be legal!  

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/06/florida-republicans-wont-let-go-of-disneys-campaign-cash-00029411?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis vilified the Walt Disney Co. as “dishonest” and hypocritical.

But, their money still spends the same...to the surprise of nobody with this hypocritical piece of shit

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Ron is just running up the score:

Capture.JPG

Figured something like this already existed in Florida. Why 30+ years after the fall of the Soviet Union? 

57 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

do the confederates outweigh the Jews in Florida?

Seeing how Ben Shapiro brought his family over there because of the Jewish community, and another YouTuber who's also there because of the Jewish community as well. I'd say it's a decent population.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/florida-jewish-history

As of 2018 Florida's Jewish population is estimated at 621,460.  

I'd say that the Jewish population is also healthier, so probably the confederates.

14 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

How are we not talking about his sister?

Screenshot_20220509-143614.png

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Because only a moron would believe those are real i.e. NOT photoshopped?

She's actually been a 4chan meme for quite some time since a 2017 video. Lots of horny posting and antisemitism.

But also, the specific pic that WWS posted had been photoshopped to give her bigger boobs - not sure if that's the original or the shop that he posted though

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Because only a moron would believe those are real i.e. NOT photoshopped?

So... 

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

She's actually been a 4chan meme for quite some time since a 2017 video. Lots of horny posting and antisemitism.

But also, the specific pic that WWS posted had been photoshopped to give her bigger boobs - not sure if that's the original or the shop that he posted though

What a weird antisemite thing. She's got big breasts, she is not of the master race! 

I had to find the photo through Google photo search with this picture. Your guess is as good as mine. 

https://twitter.com/CluelessOnVHS/status/1493408373009702916?s=20&t=Qgt11iPqtkbfGLBKOeE3Mw

I see that GRUhorn/Satosh/Immaculate vibrator/etc. is still trolling the shit out of this board along with all his socks. Just like he is paid to do. Do not ever listen to that asshole  and those who agree with him and 95 percent of what he says you should believe the complete opposite.

• Hook 'Em 1