Begun, the chicken wars have. Chick-fil-A versus Tyson Foods

Parliament

Seems perhaps the big chicken processors have gotten greedy, and Chick-fil-A is clucking back.

The fast-food chain Chick-fil-A is suing a string of high-profile chicken suppliers, accusing them of illegally coordinating with one another to keep prices artificially high on billions of dollars of poultry.

The suit names 17 defendants, including Tyson Foods, Perdue Farms, Pilgrim's Pride and Sanderson Farms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/chick-fil-sues-chicken-producers-alleging-price-fixing-billions-dollars-n1250253

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Not surprising. The poultry industry has always been sleazy. They’ve fucked over their customers , suppliers  and employees since the chicken or the egg question was first asked. 

That's the distraction to keep you from really looking at the chicken. Brilliant marketing strategy from way back when.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

You'll know where you stand as an attorney in your firm if you get assigned to go do a site visit at a chicken plant.  Those places are gawd awful.

You're on the bottom rung at the firm if you get that job.

Likewise, you know where you stand in organized crime if you ever get sent to a pig farm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 6 months later...

The U.S. Department of Agriculture released new details Tuesday in connection with a Tyson Foods recall involving nearly 9 million pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. 

The new warning comes just days after a warning was issued last week for an additional 500,000 pounds of Tyson's chicken products. Food safety regulators noted Tuesday that recalled chicken products were used to make additional products produced by other food retailers, therefore increasing the amount of products in the recall. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/nation-world/tysons-chicken-recall-ready-to-eat-products-guidance/507-b18d2d68-95c2-482f-8d4f-bc86a2436df2?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

On 12/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, Reagan1k said:

You'll know where you stand as an attorney in your firm if you get assigned to go do a site visit at a chicken plant.  Those places are gawd awful.

You're on the bottom rung at the firm if you get that job.

I knew a guy that worked as an analyst at JP Morgan in the past. Part of his job was doing site visits and channel checks for companies in the industries he covered. 

He was not thrilled when he was handed the for profit prison industry and switched firms soon after. 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I knew a guy that worked as an analyst at JP Morgan in the past. Part of his job was doing site visits and channel checks for companies in the industries he covered. 

He was not thrilled when he was handed the for profit prison industry and switched firms soon after. 

I can’t remember how I got into a conversation with a lawyer for the for profit prison industry but when he said it, I just looked at him with that wtf semi blank stare. We never talked again. I get needing to feed your family but in this economy as a lawyer you won’t lack for decent work if you shift your focus.