Coach punches Pee Wee player TWICE

Sbbruin

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

Fuck that guy that was standing right there and watched it happen too.

Fuck any of them for sure, especially the refs. They should probably lose their jobs for allowing that kind of shit to happen.  They were standing right there. That guy should have been at the very least ejected from the game..... before being arrested.  In our local Little league you could get ejected for just uttering a too loud cuss word in the direction of an umpire .  

On 12/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, Nivek said:

Punishment for mistakes in games for little kids is fucking crazy.  Taking the time to work with kids to improve and find a way to show them how they did a great job helps.  Kids beat themselves up for mistakes they don't need adults reinforcing that.     Yeah, my kid isn't going to be recruited by the Yankees out of elementary school, but I don't want him to hate sports.

EWlrKdBUYAAHZYL.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

According to the report, the officer then made contact with the player's mother who advised the officer that she was aware of what happened but did not want to press charges.

I would hope in cases such as this and with such damning evidence, the County D.A. wouldn't need the mother's permission to file charges.  Imagine some woman shacked up with a loser that is beating the hell out of her kids.  When the police comes she says, "It's okay, I don't mind him smacking my kids around."  In which case, the loser is arrested and the kids are taken away from the mother...right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Fuck the DA if won’t file charges.

"The Osceola County Sheriff's Office along with our local state attorney's office have reviewed this case and the decision has been made that charges for child abuse will be filed, regardless of parent's decision not to press charges," Maj. Jacob Ruiz said in a statement Friday. "The actions of this person are despicable and there is zero tolerance when it comes to the abuse of a child."

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/30498353/youth-football-coach-gerrell-williams-now-facing-criminal-charges-striking-player

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

There have been times where I’ll yell at the top of my lungs. There have been times when I’ve made them run and do up/downs for no other reason than they were 9 years old, fucking off, and I was in a bad mood.  

I think it is good for you and the kids that you are getting away from it now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I coach kids about this age. Probably a little older. In all sports. Have for years. I’m getting away from it now and am more of an assistant. But for football still on the sidelines. There have been times I’ve yanked kids from games for forcing the issue - particularly in basketball and dancing too much (not running upfield) in football.  There have been times where I’ll yell at the top of my lungs. There have been times when I’ve made them run and do up/downs for no other reason than they were 9 years old, fucking off, and I was in a bad mood.  I love ALL of my kids and love it when my son’s friends and parents call me Coach. 

I’ve seen a lot of terrible behavior from opposing coaches and parents. I even have two stories that approach the worst in adult male behavior. I will share if y’all want. 

I have never seen anything like that. That is a guy who has lost his mind over 8/9 year old football. That guy shouldn’t not only be coaching, he shouldn’t be permitted to have kids in his household and should be in jail. 

Yelling at 9 year olds? Stop trolling us.

If y’all want to really be sick of your stomach, go watch some of those higher level select 10u-12u teams (Ramonce Taylor coaches one).  “Coaches” cussing/shit-talking, fans/parents cussing/shit-talking, kids cussing/shit-talking.  Heard of kids with concussions being pushed back into the game. Hell, they play 3-4 games a weekend during “tournaments” and play at least one game every weekend for probably 10 months out of the year in addition to practicing 3 hours a day 3 times a week.

It’s ridiculous. 

Edited by EZ$
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I coach kids about this age. Probably a little older. In all sports. Have for years.

So...do you know if those kids are actually eligible to play college football, because some of them appear to be able to take a hit and stay on their feet.   Asking for a friend....

Also, you have some head coaching experience, would you be interested in getting on a private airplane and flying to Austin, and maybe listening to a pitch for a new coaching gig?  Also asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

If y’all want to really be sick of your stomach, go watch some of those higher level select 10u-12u teams (Ramonce Taylor coaches one).  “Coaches” cussing/shit-talking, fans/parents cussing/shit-talking, kids cussing/shit-talking.  Heard of kids with concussions being pushed back into the game. Hell, they play 3-4 games a weekend during “tournaments” and play at least one game every weekend for probably 10 months out of the year in addition to practicing 3 hours a day 3 times a week.

It’s ridiculous. 

what happened to the days of just rolling the ball out there as a parent/coach and then chugging a few 40oz Budweisers while the kids played

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

I hope most parents would agree with me when I say race really isn't a part of this discussion. I would expect a fellow parent, or any competent adult,  to come to my children's aid as I would theirs. I'm not so naïve as to say "I never see a person's color" because none of us were raised in a vacuum. But I'm trying to work through the wrong things my dad tried to teach me and even his racist ass would have put himself at personal risk for a child, any color child. It makes no difference what color the coach was nor the kid. The coach was wrong. Children don't get punched for failing to execute in sports. I can't change how others see it or react to it if the coach and kid  are of different races. Nor can I can't speak for persons of a historically oppressed race. It just seems there are situations that transcend all of it, like little kids being hurt by adults. 

Race definitely plays a part here.  If I (white guy) attack that black coach then I'll be on the news next day labeled as a racist bigot.  However, if it was a white coach then they would say that I stepped in and helped a poor defenseless child from an unbridled angry white coach.  Its the world we live in.

7 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Race definitely plays a part here.  If I (white guy) attack that black coach then I'll be on the news next day labeled as a racist bigot.  However, if it was a white coach then they would say that I stepped in and helped a poor defenseless child from an unbridled angry white coach.  Its the world we live in.

Its the world YOU live in. Im sure your parler feed would be full of articles featuring people saying those things

13 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Have you watched the news lately?  Everything is racist.

It's 2020, nobody "watches the news". News is filtered and delivered via social media and people see what they want to see. And instead of a story about a POS youth football coach abusing a child you see an outrage that if some hypothetical white man confronted the POS coach he would hypothetically be called a racist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I coach kids about this age. Probably a little older. In all sports. Have for years. I’m getting away from it now and am more of an assistant. But for football still on the sidelines. There have been times I’ve yanked kids from games for forcing the issue - particularly in basketball and dancing too much (not running upfield) in football.  There have been times where I’ll yell at the top of my lungs. There have been times when I’ve made them run and do up/downs for no other reason than they were 9 years old, fucking off, and I was in a bad mood.  I love ALL of my kids and love it when my son’s friends and parents call me Coach. 

I’ve seen a lot of terrible behavior from opposing coaches and parents. I even have two stories that approach the worst in adult male behavior. I will share if y’all want. 

I have never seen anything like that. That is a guy who has lost his mind over 8/9 year old football. That guy shouldn’t not only be coaching, he shouldn’t be permitted to have kids in his household and should be in jail. 

The first year my son played tackle football, his coach got mad at his son who was playing RB. I think he fumbled. The dad/coach screamed at the top of his lungs, “YOU’RE NOT MY SON!” We parents kind of looked at each other like, “WTF did I just hear?”

Fast forward to a couple of years ago. This kid was arrested for severely beating his girlfriend while in a drunken rage. He put her in the ICU.

Another Coach here. Baseball. Seems like there are a lot of us on the Surl, esp on the baseball forum. It blows my mind how some of these assholes act, but I've never seen anything even approaching this level of crazy shit. I also relate 100% re: how it makes me feel when the kids call me "Coach". It doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal, but it is, on many levels. It definitely drives home the responsibility that comes with what you're doing out there with these kids. One thing that really puts it all into perspective for me is when I realize that I remember all of the coaches I had growing up. These kids are gonna remember me, one way or the other. I want them to have good memories of how I treated them, what I taught them. and of the team's accomplishments and good times together.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

I've coached youth sports for all of my kids, but mostly while they were under 11 years old.  I believe the only time I raised my voice while coaching was to tell my son, "Please do not talk to the ref.  Please do not talk to the ref."

I had a couple of experiences.

This is fairly minor in comparison to other stories.  In 5th grade rec soccer, we had a fairly competitive team.  No "star" players and each kid knew how to play and play in position.  About 6 games in, we were playing another undefeated team and their "star" player was rendered ineffective.  His hero ball was easily countered with a double-team.  Kid was getting really frustrated and ultimately received a yellow card for conduct and the coach pulled him.  After the game, kid's older brother grabs a soccer ball and throws it into the back of the HS age official.  The kid's parents did nothing, so I recommended the ref stand near me while I called the commissioner.

My oldest also played 6th grade Pop Warner tackle football, in the (misplaced) theory that it would prepare him for MS football.  One of our games was against a team from Pflugerville.  They showed up with a non-dad head coach - young, former athlete - in tow.  I am not sure that any of the coaches had kids on the team; that was a yellow flag for me.  En route to a 48-6 loss, about 6 of our players were injured, including 2 concussions.  Some from poor form; some from just getting beat up.  Two things stand out from that.  First, the Pflugerville fans treated every TD or big play like it was the first time they'd ever seen a TD: screaming, high 5s, dancing, etc.  Second, once you are winning by a large amount, the clock is free running and all plays must be run between the tackles.  Opposing coach spread the OL so that the tackles we on the hashes.  Nice.

• Hook 'Em 2

Youth sports shows the best and worst of people. Incidences such as this one to start the thread are the obvious ones. But the subtle intentions of coaching really are the worst.

Through my kids I see the complete opposite of my experiences as a kid. So yeah I have a different perspective now. Multiple kids. Multiple sports. Some rec; some select; some combo of the two. I've coached; I've assisted; I've observed from the sideline. I've yelled, mostly at my kids, but it's not overly productive. But generally I've given more kids chances to succeed than others.

It's an inexact calculation but great athletes are few and far between in my opinion. Repetitions and confidence are huge.

My experiences are that it may not be win at all costs but biases, personal but selfish feelings and lack of consideration for all are the overriding factors.

I'm generally not a sensitive person or one who who follows the crowd's line of thinking. This event could be used for positive purposes and to better all those involved. Not likely that it will but it could. In my opinion only, it's these subtle things are worse because they consistently occur mostly go unchecked and absolutely impact kids throughout their lives. Much of the crappiness originates from the adults.

• Like 1

Youth sports shows the best and worst of people. Incidences such as this one to start the thread are the obvious ones. But the subtle intentions of coaching really are the worst.

Through my kids I see the complete opposite of my experiences as a kid. So yeah I have a different perspective now. Multiple kids. Multiple sports. Some rec; some select; some combo of the two. I've coached; I've assisted; I've observed from the sideline. I've yelled, mostly at my kids, but it's not overly productive. But generally I've given more kids chances to succeed than others.

It's an inexact calculation but great athletes are few and far between in my opinion. Repetitions and confidence are huge.

My experiences are that it may not be win at all costs but biases, personal but selfish feelings and lack of consideration for all are the overriding factors.

I'm generally not a sensitive person or one who who follows the crowd's line of thinking. This event could be used for positive purposes and to better all those involved. Not likely that it will but it could. In my opinion only, it's these subtle things are worse because they consistently occur mostly go unchecked and absolutely impact kids throughout their lives. Much of the crappiness originates from the adults.

It’s the truth. I helped coach or ump baseball a lot when I was in high school and just after. You could always tell the asshole parents that spent a bunch of money on their kids without knowing whose child was theirs. They’re normally the biggest asses there.

I was umpiring for a 9 and 10 year old game one day. Fly ball to the outfield gets caught. I was surprised because the kid couldn’t catch a cold. Runner takes his time getting back to base and gets thrown out. Coach loses his shit. Running out to me, yelling and screaming. Play on the other 3 fields stopped and people came over. I tossed his ass. The league commissioner told him if he pulled it again he would beat his ass. Some drunk bastard that evidently had a grandkid on the team was running his mouth after the inning. Fucking people.

I seriously hope my kids don’t want to play organized sports because of dipshit parents.

• 5 months later...