Nobody. Saul is John Wick

Juicy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome movie. 
Did it make sense/was it believable? No

did it have stakes I cared about?  Absolutely not. 
Did it have cool fights, people getting blown up, people dying and totally and completely unrealistic violence amped up to 11?  Yes, yes it did. 
was it enjoyable to watch this while my kids were watching Tom and Jerry in the next theater over and my wife was at home so I had two hours to turn my mind off and eat junior mints?

yes. Yes it was. 

• Hook 'Em 5

You’ve posted this numerous times. Care to elaborate on your immense disdain?
It sucked. That's about as much that is needed.

A. Posted in wrong thread first time and couldn't edit

B. was the last movie i saw so posted in uhhh "last movie you saw thread"

C. Came across this thread that was dedicated to it....sooo....uhh posted in here.

D. Get off my jock
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It sucked. That's about as much that is needed.

A. Posted in wrong thread first time and couldn't edit

B. was the last movie i saw so posted in uhhh "last movie you saw thread"

C. Came across this thread that was dedicated to it....sooo....uhh posted in here.

D. Get off my jock

Wasn’t on your jock. Was genuinely interested in your opinion. 

Never mind, dickhead. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Awesome movie. 

Did it have cool fights, people getting blown up, people dying and totally and completely unrealistic violence amped up to 11?  Yes, yes it did. 
was it enjoyable to watch this while my kids were watching Tom and Jerry in the next theater over and my wife was at home so I had two hours to turn my mind off and eat junior mints?

yes. Yes it was. 

Said another way ... kind of why we go to movies, and they're awesome!

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Awesome movie. 

yes. Yes it was. 

I loved it. Was it derivative? Yep. Certain cliches? Yep. I thought it was awesome. Can’t believe that it was passed around that many times through the studios. Makes no sense. The title works. 

I enjoyed it for what it was.  It felt like a watered down attempt to re-create John Wick, except the villains and pacing were subpar to that one.  I might watch it again someday if it's on TV.

It was probably better than the two John Wick sequels.

• Hook 'Em 2

Saw this this weekend and was very entertained. If you are an effete movie snob, it's probably not your bag, but If you want to lose yourself in some good mindless Hollywood action, liked John Wick, and/or like Bob Odenkirk, this movie is totally worth your money. Did it have some weird incongruities like a "4.9L" Mopar and a .45 9mm? Yes. Some plot holes? Sure. Did they matter? No. Watch this movie and enjoy it while you can, not sure they will make them like this much longer.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Tom said:

I enjoyed it for what it was.  It felt like a watered down attempt to re-create John Wick, except the villains and pacing were subpar to that one.  I might watch it again someday if it's on TV.

It was probably better than the two John Wick sequels.

John Wick was fun. Agreed started to lose it during 2 & 3 with the fantasty-universe stuff ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Saw this this weekend and was very entertained. If you are an effete movie snob, it's probably not your bag, but If you want to lose yourself in some good mindless Hollywood action, liked John Wick, and/or like Bob Odenkirk, this movie is totally worth your money. Did it have some weird incongruities like a "4.9L" Mopar and a .45 9mm? Yes. Some plot holes? Sure. Did they matter? No. Watch this movie and enjoy it while you can, not sure they will make them like this much longer.

Perfect summary. 

Too bad Spike TV is gone. You could host a Movies for Men show.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just watched it and thought it was pretty good.  I have no idea what is wrong with the people on this site that critique a movie like this.  It’s not meant to be an Oscar winner.  It’s just a action/violent film and I thought it did that well.  Fun movie and kept me entertained for 90 minutes.  All I could ask for from a cheesy action flick.  Oh, and Christopher Lloyd looks so old but is flat out awesome.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just watched it and thought it was pretty good.  I have no idea what is wrong with the people on this site that critique a movie like this.  It’s not meant to be an Oscar winner.  It’s just a action/violent film and I thought it did that well.  Fun movie and kept me entertained for 90 minutes.  All I could ask for from a cheesy action flick.  Oh, and Christopher Lloyd looks so old but is flat out awesome.

C'mon, this is Surly. We bang only 10's and only enjoy movies that are high art. We demand perfection. 

On 4/17/2021 at 10:25 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Oh, and Christopher Lloyd looks so old but is flat out awesome.

He needs to go to the rejuvenation clinic and get an all natural overhaul.  Take out some wrinkles, do a hair repair, change the blood...add a good 30 to 40 years to his life.  Also replace his spleen and colon.

• 2 weeks later...

first movie we've seen in the theater in over a year.  it was a blast.  perfect way to be reintroduced to the big screen experience.

this is a must see in the theater in a comfy chair with a big bucket of popcorn, Coke, and Milk Duds.  thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

It was fine. This is my preferred genre. I enjoyed it but I honestly expected it to be better. Not sure why I had built it up. I think somewhere in my head I felt like some critics were giving it high remarks for having no pretenses of reality, whereas most action movies take themselves more seriously. To me that doesn't matter so much. Good again is good action whether there is a satirical undertone or not. Oh, and one liners. Steven Seagal may have taken himself a tad too seriously, but I'm gonna take you to the bank Senator Trent. Blood bank vs kitty cat bracelet, the one liner is a key ingredient.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When it came out seemed like an odd mash up of genre and actor, so I passed.

Caught it last night streaming.  Much better than I expected.  Ridiculous, over the top, completely implausible, but entertaining as hell.

Edited by Mach 1