Charlie Brewer entering transfer portal

El Moco

• 9 months later...

Before being benched Saturday, Brewer led drives that ended in seven punts, plus a crushing interception by Tayler Hawkins on a pass Brewer badly telegraphed. Hawkins returned it to the Utah 7-yard line, Greg Bell ran the ball in on the next play for his second touchdown in a 42-second span, and the Aztecs, who beat Arizona last week, took a 24-10 lead with 10:42 left in the third quarter.

Rising, who came on in relief of Brewer with 5:24 to go in the third quarter of Saturday’s 33-31 triple-overtime loss to San Diego State, is listed as the starter. Second-year freshman Ja’Quinden Jackson is listed as the backup.

44 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Before being benched Saturday, Brewer led drives that ended in seven punts, plus a crushing interception by Tayler Hawkins on a pass Brewer badly telegraphed. Hawkins returned it to the Utah 7-yard line, Greg Bell ran the ball in on the next play for his second touchdown in a 42-second span, and the Aztecs, who beat Arizona last week, took a 24-10 lead with 10:42 left in the third quarter.

Rising, who came on in relief of Brewer with 5:24 to go in the third quarter of Saturday’s 33-31 triple-overtime loss to San Diego State, is listed as the starter. Second-year freshman Ja’Quinden Jackson is listed as the backup.

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Man you need to be benched if the drummer for foo fighters picks you off.

5ns37x.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Tex Pete said:

What I had never realized was that his grandfather went by the name "Thornton Mellon" while on campus. He was well-known for his diving prowess.

spacer.png

Now Charlie, this one I don't get.  Here's Baylor, here's Utah.  What's with the midget over here?  

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Don't ask him. His brain is scrambled. He and Tate Martell should go on tour together.

They should audition for Wizard of Oz. Natural character fits.

Brewer - Scarecrow who has no brain left

Tate - Tin Man who has no heart left from it getting rip to pieces at however many programs he's been at

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Rising, who came on in relief of Brewer with 5:24 to go in the third quarter of Saturday’s 33-31 triple-overtime loss to San Diego State, is listed as the starter. Second-year freshman Ja’Quinden Jackson is listed as the backup.

Lord. Did all of the UT and UT-adjacent QBs go to Utah?

2 hours ago, smwhorn said:

I was at the Cotton Bowl when Robert Brewer beat Alabama.  I'm old.

Apparently, I was as well. That was my first UT game. My dad got two free tickets and my brother and I went.

That’s where I learned the trick of giving up an intentional safety to protect against a blocked punt and to ensure a massive change of field position. And Bear Bryant’s final game. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Cotton_Bowl_Classic

AEFDB19C-D165-42A6-88E8-7C7D8BC20133.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Apparently, I was as well... And Bear Bryant’s final game. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Cotton_Bowl_Classic

AEFDB19C-D165-42A6-88E8-7C7D8BC20133.jpeg

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

cricket GIF

Apparently, I was misinformed. 

Not being a huge fan, I didn't know his history, just that I had heard that at least once over the years and enjoyed that he lost it.

Due to Kevin Hart's reaction to my post, I used the Google to find Bear Bryant's last game coached.

IT WAS A BOWL GAME IN 1982... it just wasn't the Cotton Bowl.

Sorry to see that Bama won.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 6.16.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 6.17.08 PM.png