December 14 upgrades

8 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Why doesn’t it go to the last unread post in a thread when I click the topic? I thought I saw an alert about that but I guess I didn’t read it very closely. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I did it for you. 

Just click the dot or star next to the left of the thread title and it takes you to the first unread post.  

Edited by TexasEd

Props on the incremental improvements.  I have been able to find everything I'm looking for pretty easily.  It appears you addressed many of the latency and infrastructure issues first and are now pushing out some usability updates.  I think the site is still familiar but better.

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Three lines on top right -> Account -> Ignored Users. 

thank you very much. there's this one particular poster who doesn't even venture into the basketball forum 99 days out of 100,  but every once in a blue moon he goes completely manic and shows up with 30 posts in two days, all uneducated and pretty much completely retarded, not to mention combative, argumentative, and as i said just plain stupid and uneducated. this site is much better without his dumb ass anywhere in my view. 

On 12/22/2020 at 4:43 AM, shadow_operative said:

thank you very much. there's this one particular poster who doesn't even venture into the basketball forum 99 days out of 100,  but every once in a blue moon he goes completely manic and shows up with 30 posts in two days, all uneducated and pretty much completely retarded, not to mention combative, argumentative, and as i said just plain stupid and uneducated. this site is much better without his dumb ass anywhere in my view. 

let me guess, it’s derka, right?

So I've sorta figured out how to do whatever emoji or utf8 text we want as a badge for each poster. I was thinking the obvious for crowd sourced or banned folks is the middle finger. 

For new members the hand wave thing seems appropriate. 

Did we want hookem for everyone else or just leave it alone? Also I've been trying to figure out how to give people treefiddy flair on mobile open to any ideas that aren't intrusive or maybe the hookem badge is appropriate for that? 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

So I've sorta figured out how to do whatever emoji or utf8 text we want as a badge for each poster. I was thinking the obvious for crowd sourced or banned folks is the middle finger. 

For new members the hand wave thing seems appropriate. 

Did we want hookem for everyone else or just leave it alone? Also I've been trying to figure out how to give people treefiddy flair on mobile open to any ideas that aren't intrusive or maybe the hookem badge is appropriate for that? 

I want a ✊🏾

Are you on mobile or desktop? Mobile you can click the more button in the bottom mobile menu and it jumps to top even faster than before. 

On desktop scroll down and everything you need should be below the footer. I can also make the footer richer on desktop if that's what we need to do. 

Are you on mobile or desktop? Mobile you can click the more button in the bottom mobile menu and it jumps to top even faster than before. 
On desktop scroll down and everything you need should be below the footer. I can also make the footer richer on desktop if that's what we need to do. 

Desktop. It’s not a big deal, just need to re-train my brain. Increasing richness couldn’t hurt.

14 hours ago, immamac said:

When I click on more in mobile , it brings up the account menu. I really liked the to the top of page arrow. 

Edited by TonyTexas

On 1/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, ConferenceRoom said:

Did I miss something about the big up arrow that takes me back to the top of the page when I get to the end of a thread? My muscle memory and I are missing it quite badly. 

Yeah, I miss that thing big-time.  And the one on mobile only appears when you scroll, so if you have been stationary reading something you have to scroll for it to appear and then hit the arrow.  No biggie, but annoying.  The old way was 100x better, esp for desktop.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, El Diablo said:

Yeah, I'm strictly a desktop user. I'm not even sure I know what this "footer" is, miss the floating "top of page" arrow. :( 

This is part of the footer with navigation like the top.  It doesn't have the globe icon or search though

image.thumb.png.b630fdb383aaff1ecd315676150e4783.png

@immamac is there a way to change the threshold for what constitutes a "popular post" for different boards? i believe that it's currently set to 10 +rep for a single post, which is probably appropriate for the football board, but on boards like Basketball and Baseball a post even getting +5 is fairly rare, and what i would consider as crossing the threshold of a "popular post". it's not a major deal or anything, but i sometimes use it to try and quickly peruse a thread that i'm behind on, such as a game thread or season long thread.