December 14 upgrades

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

@immamac is there a way to change the threshold for what constitutes a "popular post" for different boards? i believe that it's currently set to 10 +rep for a single post, which is probably appropriate for the football board, but on boards like Basketball and Baseball a post even getting +5 is fairly rare, and what i would consider as crossing the threshold of a "popular post". it's not a major deal or anything, but i sometimes use it to try and quickly peruse a thread that i'm behind on, such as a game thread or season long thread. 

we need the traffic to go to other boards that's the real fix. I can look into this though. 

I just posted this on the thread about political shit on the football board:

Well, I get confused with this format of threads from every forum showing up on the main page, and to concentrate on one forum have to click on it at the right side.

I just discovered that I had been replying to a CR thread that I thought was in the DT. Stupid me. {embarrassed emoji}

Of course I got piled on for expressing what I thought was a reasonable opinion, but wound up getting called a bunch of nasty names (not that I care some fools get off doing that). But geeze, it really is difficult for me to navigate this place since the “improvements” were installed.

Edited to add:

It has been brought to my attention that some threads have been moved to the CR, so that’s how I unknowingly wound up in the muck there. On some other message  boards when a thread is moved, the title remains in the original forum, but is designated as having been moved - without any content remaining behind. Too bad that is not a feature here.

Edited by Armybrat

On 1/19/2021 at 12:37 PM, TonyTexas said:

I hate the recommended posts pinned atop certain threads. 

I like the concept, but it would be great if it could go away faster. Something like only having it show the first time you open the thread, and then it's gone on subsequent visits or when you go to the next page in the thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

fuck around and find out and rage +1 rep buttons have been crucial to my mental health the last week.  thank you.

would be kinda interesting to see rep patterns, I bet rage +1 and FAFO have surged in popularity this week.

Edited by troph