December 14 upgrades

One thing I don’t like that may or may not be new, as I’ve used this update to change how I navigate:

when I’m on the Home Screen I have a list of unfiltered threads ordered by most recent post. 

but if I click on one of the forum shortcuts in the header, then click the home button, it will show threads filtered by the forum I had jumped to. Then I have to go in and unfilter the page. 

also when in a forum with subforums, like other sports, I didn’t see a way to enter the subforums. 

51 minutes ago, hornbri said:

You can click on the "customizer" icon and change the background to black (that made it much better for me). 

FOUND IT

also found setting for slightly larger font

now just need to change font from white to something else - don't know what yet

(black on yellow is best for the brain, have to research what is best font on black re: nightmode)

6 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Can you lighten the thread page numbers in dark mode?  Dark gray on black is tough to see.  

Yes. Please keep these items coming. I didn't get every little thing. I've made about 10-15 improvements on light theme and no avatars today. 

image.png.83186abb7a36a0d4417f31ebe04872ce.png

Did the thumbnail or whatever chrome grabs for a bookmark get changed or something? Hard to see but I think that's a surly t shirt logo or something but compressed down looks not clear. I think it was just a longhorn logo previously but not sure. this just looks funny suddenly.

edit: loving fluid mode so far btw. Tried dark mode for a minute but anything quoted from a non dark mode site ends up putting black text on dark background and can't read shit. Flipped back to regular mode after that, did zero investigation to see if it's fixable under settings or anything, not sure if that's fixable or just a symptom of dark mode.

Edited by cam4mav

I can’t see the rep button on the light theme*. It’s there, just white on white

*surly light uncolored theme. Not the new light theme. I would switch back to the surly light new theme if it had a solid grey background choice

Edited by The Dude

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It’s a bit early to fully judge, but I’m not digging how the posts aren’t numbered. I relied on those even more than I thought I did. 

Yes, we need to know how many posts the latest page on any thread is up to.  That determines if I will open it or not a lot of the time.  

1 hour ago, cam4mav said:

Tried dark mode for a minute but anything quoted from a non dark mode site ends up putting black text on dark background and can't read shit. Flipped back to regular mode after that, did zero investigation to see if it's fixable under settings or anything, not sure if that's fixable or just a symptom of dark mode.

That's mostly related to a handful of posters that don't know how to paste in plain text. They just copy whole articles, ads & everything from their chosen news sites. 

• Like 1

How do you do this please and thank you?
I'm sure someone else will explain better, I'm in mobile now but can screenshot in a bit.

Basically at the top right of the forum listing there was three buttons for display options. The far right option. Hope that makes sense

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fluid mode forum selection question

After clicking into a thread from the fluid mode home page, where I've selected about 5 forums to follow, i'll then read to the bottom of the thread and hit the bottom "home" button in an attempt to go back to my main fluid view page with my previous forums selected to follow. 

But I get there and it's got a random forum selected. It's one on the ones selected previously in my 5.... I think?

Is there a default group of selections you can set, or a favorite, or is it memory based on cookies or something? Also would having multiple tabs open fuck with it at all?

• Hook 'Em 1

Say you have Baseball, Football, Basketball, Other Sports, & Gambling selected as your 5. If you read the MLB thread in Baseball, then accidentally click Baseball again at the bottom of the page, it will override your 5 previous selections. Then Baseball will be your only check mark. 

So yes if you have multiple tabs open, clicking a Forum tab on any of them will fuck your shit up. 

I'm being very deliberate to hit home and not one of the forums. It's also not exactly replicating very consistently though.

For example I was just reading the Art Briles thread on football. Hit home. Only showed me Food & Travel. 

That was weird so I hit back on the browser. Hit home again. Same thing. 

Hit back on browser. Back in the Art Briles thread. Hit home again (still all the bottom left link). Now i'm on Football only. 

No other tabs open and had refreshed after closing the other tabs. Weird.

I don't think i'm going crazy and just user erroring the hell out of this. If anyone else see's something similar lmk haha

2 hours ago, immamac said:

thats weird as shit. I always just click the surlyhorns text at the top to go home and never have that issue. 

ill try that for a bit and see if I notice it any more. Not as convenient but at least it might help determine if either.....

A) Bottom left home button logic is borked

B) I'm just drunk and bad at websites

either way... progress.

All around the update looks clean and appears to function well. Thanks. 

Looks like edit function not available?

Also don't if related by some imgbb tags dont appear to be functioning...e.g.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/YZmzSdY/Screenshot-2020-12-15-085405.jpg[/img]

But if I post it shit way, appears to work...

Screenshot-2020-12-15-085405.jpg