December 14 upgrades

On 12/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, Anastasis said:

All around the update looks clean and appears to function well. Thanks. 

Looks like edit function not available?

Also don't if related by some imgbb tags dont appear to be functioning...e.g.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/YZmzSdY/Screenshot-2020-12-15-085405.jpg[/img]

But if I post it shit way, appears to work...

Screenshot-2020-12-15-085405.jpg

On 12/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

WTF happened to the edit function?

Click on the three dots located at the upper right of your post next to the post #.  looks like the edit function moved there.  

Edited by SDG
key board going out so I miss letters....
  • Hook 'Em 1

I keep getting pages not loading using chrome(page not loading/http 500)Especially when I right click open in new tab. Tapa seems to have no problems loading content, but my browser isn’t working well.

How else am I going to procrastinate during work hours?

I’m having this same issue. Can’t browse or use the site on Chrome. Cleared all cookies and cache and still doesn’t work

On 12/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, immamac said:

I'll work on dark mode tomorrow - I think the new default theme is like 99% there. 

would love it if dark mode could somehow be compatible with embedded tweets/etc

dunno, but there may be other lazy sons of bitches that don't even bother trying to read those invisible posts

13 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

What's with the gray page that just says 5846 while the pages are loading? Not that it matters, but I'm curious.

Same issue, but it seems like the pages load a lot slower when the 5846 shows up. It's not every time

I often look at Surly on a Kindle Fire tablet side loaded with Google. The new update is  not showing. Is this because the Fire runs on a bastardized version or Android?  Or does it not available for tablets in general?  I realize that it’s not really worth your time for what I imagine is a small number of devices. But if it’s an easy fix that would be great.  

Edited by TonyTexas

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Same issue, but it seems like the pages load a lot slower when the 5846 shows up. It's not every time

5846 fixed it was a typo in my global page template. thanks for confirming - I thought it was associated with my ad group (that's the userid for the advertisers) but I found a rogue typing of it. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/cookie-checker/ - any time you have an issue please let me know what server you are on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

what does this mean? 

Really the only board that I can get to consistently load is this one(Board Discussions).  When ever  try to click on Football, 9.95, Daily Texas or Cloak room I get that not loading/http 500 error.  I have tried incognito in Chrome  and also Firefox.  Tapa works fine for me and I have no issues accessing any of the boards.  I also have the issue on my iPhone using Safari.  My computer cookie monster says I am on Web01.

error.PNG

Edited by 1978horn
added more detail

45 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

Really the only board that I can get to consistently load is this one(Board Discussions).  When ever  try to click on Football, 9.95, Daily Texas or Cloak room I get that not loading/http 500 error.  I have tried incognito in Chrome  and also Firefox.  Tapa works fine for me and I have no issues accessing any of the boards.  I also have the issue on my iPhone using Safari.  My computer cookie monster says I am on Web01.

error.PNG

so go to "futbol" board up at the top. on the forum thread list make sure you click off expanded view and go to condensed view, this will fix your issue:

image.thumb.png.0e3a310549f93958456bf0f87ded5a80.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

so go to "futbol" board up at the top. on the forum thread list make sure you click off expanded view and go to condensed view, this will fix your issue:

image.thumb.png.0e3a310549f93958456bf0f87ded5a80.png

Perfect!  That worked.  My boss will probably not be happy since my work production will take a dive again.

Wish the font size toggle actually allowed for small medium and large. Font size toggle doesn’t really do much. 

switched from tapa though with this upgrade.  Fluid view is great but it resets all the time. Wish it would remember my selections. 

the mobile features on the bottom are great make it so much better. 

Edited by troph

6 hours ago, The University said:

flipping on fluid mode and changing the background via the customizer are not preserved when logging back in. appears that those changes are not being saved.

Interesting I'll take a look at that they have been persisting for me, but I never log out. 

10 hours ago, troph said:

Wish the font size toggle actually allowed for small medium and large. Font size toggle doesn’t really do much. 

switched from tapa though with this upgrade.  Fluid view is great but it resets all the time. Wish it would remember my selections. 

the mobile features on the bottom are great make it so much better. 

Same issues with fluid this morning.  

On 12/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, TonyTexas said:

I often look at Surly on a Kindle Fire tablet side loaded with Google. The new update is  not showing. Is this because the Fire runs on a bastardized version or Android?  Or does it not available for tablets in general?  I realize that it’s not really worth your time for what I imagine is a small number of devices. But if it’s an easy fix that would be great.  

wat

On 12/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, TonyTexas said:

you run chrome on kindle fire and can't see the board? what do you see?