San Antonio Spurs 2020-21 Season Thread: Puro Pinche Loteria

Kermit

54 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Easy to tell which Spurs got major minutes in the fourth--they all had huge minuses next to their names.

Spurs.png

I realize the game was in the bag and all, but geez, take some pride in your job, guys.

Yeah. We got outscored by 27 in the 4th. Up 38 after 3. Hard to find anything to complain about tonight but c'maaaaan. 

Pretty impressive tonight. No, I'm not talking about the win, but Quindarry (however the fuck you spell it) Weathherspoon fouling out in 10 minutes of garbage time. That's like fouling out of a pickup game. How do you do that? Nobody is playing hard, the refs swallow their whistles because they just want to get the fuck out of there, etc. Congrats Q. Job well done.

Late to this party, just watching on DVR. Got damn. The deals we got turtle and DJ on are absolute home runs. Jakob is so much like Splitter it's uncanny. Kinda soft on offense but drastically underappreciated by most fans.

DJ only has one tool left to find before he's a superstar, which is consistency. Everything else is there. He's so good.

Trade LA or send him to the G league. Extend Demar.

We're making the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Late to this party, just watching on DVR. Got damn. The deals we got turtle and DJ on are absolute home runs. Jakob is so much like Splitter it's uncanny. Kinda soft on offense but drastically underappreciated by most fans.

DJ only has one tool left to find before he's a superstar, which is consistency. Everything else is there. He's so good.

Trade LA or send him to the G league. Extend Demar.

We're making the playoffs.

Yeah - I peeped Murray's deal after that 8 steal night. Highway robbery. He's a $30M player.

Poeltl is better than Splitter ever was. That block he had where he saved the ball falling out of bounds was so awesome.

Yeah - I peeped Murray's deal after that 8 steal night. Highway robbery. He's a $30M player.
Poeltl is better than Splitter ever was. That block he had where he saved the ball falling out of bounds was so awesome.
I'll take Splitter being underrated to the grave. I know his signature play was getting packed by LeBron, but we missed him when he left. I'm with you though, Poeltl is a hell of a player.

It’s going to be a fun game tonight. I haven’t had a chance to see the youngest Ball in action, but the great Ben Taylor from Thinking Basketball has a segment on Ball’s nascent career. Dude can pass. 

Edited by Kermit

While watching the last game, they threw a stat about the rodeo road trip. It read something like pure domination except for the last couple of years (paraphrasing). Then Sean went into how all opponents would hate facing the Spurs during their road trip and how the team became a unit to not mess with. 

I would like to think the Spurs just took over the city before game time and left the place plundered when they left.

Anyway, the RRtrip got started the other night.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Halohal said:

While watching the last game, they threw a stat about the rodeo road trip. It read something like pure domination except for the last couple of years (paraphrasing). Then Sean went into how all opponents would hate facing the Spurs during their road trip and how the team became a unit to not mess with. 

I would like to think the Spurs just took over the city before game time and left the place plundered when they left.

Anyway, the RRtrip got started the other night.

Young teams play a whole lot better with confidence. Hopefully this trip can build team confidence that can add to more consistency 

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Young teams play a whole lot better with confidence. Hopefully this trip can build team confidence that can add to more consistency 

Yeah, I saw that when they played Houston. The young guns were scoring then came a time when Wall or Cousin got pissy. Derozen stepped in with the OG mentality basically saying you mess with them you gonna have to mess with me. They step down. 

Something tells me the team is being coached by Becky.

2 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Patty Mills throwing up bullshit, turning the ball over, and not guarding anyone. And now his basketball AIDS has spread to the rest of the team.

How can Drew Eubanks guarding a guy like Rozier ever be allowed? How can the other 4 guys on the court see that and not fucking help? How can Pop not call a timeout immediately after and ream everyone in the ass?

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

How can Drew Eubanks guarding a guy like Rozier ever be allowed? How can the other 4 guys on the court see that and not fucking help? How can Pop not call a timeout immediately after and ream everyone in the ass?

Poor Drew. That’s going on every highlight reel.