San Antonio Spurs 2020-21 Season Thread: Puro Pinche Loteria

Kermit

10 hours ago, Welch said:

Holy hell, the Rockets have lost 19 in a row?

Worth remembering that the year our superstar whined his way off the team, we still finished 47-35 and made the playoffs.

Yea, different strategies fo sho.  Houston's blowing it up, trading everyone they can and looking to gather assets whether it be draft picks, cap space, or younger, undervalued players.  It'll be interesting to see how each executes their different plans.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yea, different strategies fo sho.  Houston's blowing it up, trading everyone they can and looking to gather assets whether it be draft picks, cap space, or younger, undervalued players.  It'll be interesting to see how each executes their different plans.  

I get it, and as an Astros fan like Kermit I can definitely see how a total teardown can lead to an era of success, but put me down for the Spurs’ method 10 times out of 10 in the NBA.

Even being in a destination market and having tons of draft assets doesn’t necessarily result in titles (Boston and New York say hi), so I’ve come to the point where I’m thrilled the Spurs have opted for the “stay good and see what happens” model.