San Antonio Spurs 2020-21 Season Thread: Puro Pinche Loteria

Kermit

Just now, Radical Larry said:

Rudy getting minutes in a close game over Keldon is just fucking dumb. 

Over anyone, really. Keldon, Samanic, Vassell, Lonnie. I'd rather have any of those guys on the floor at this point. Position be damned. 

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Just popping in to say fuck Kawhi. 

The lineup with all the young guys got us back in the game. Of course, we have to play the old dudes to give a double digit lead right back to the Clippers. If you’re not watching, quick synopsis; Marcus Morris likes to fuck goats, fuck Kawhi Leonard, Rudy Gay isn’t playing and Luka is taking advantage which means he won’t play for the rest of the season, lots of whistles for the Clippers, Demar can go now so this team can finally relax and play together without that ball stopping, momentum killing choke artist.

What do the Spurs want back?  What would they reasonably get?  

Filler and picks?  Looks like the Knicks roster is randle then a bunch of guys I’ve either never heard of or am surprised they are still in the nba.  (Plus joakim noah still getting paid,l.  I double checked at least Alan Houston and Malik rose are off the books)

Edited by dingleberryswitzer
Why

3 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

What do the Spurs want back?  What would they reasonably get?  

Filler and picks?  Looks like the Knicks roster is randle then a bunch of guys I’ve either never heard of or am surprised they are still in the nba.  (Plus joakim noah still getting paid,l.  I double checked at least Alan Houston and Malik rose are off the books)

Picks and cap space.  I guess you could look for Mitchell and pick, but you'd have to really teach Mitchell the game.

I know they can sign and trade Demar this summer, but it seems like this is an indication that they’re going to try and resign him in the offseason. I base that on no actual info, just a gut feeling watching them hand shitty contracts to washed vets. 

Still 20 minutes left.

50 minutes ago, miguelito said:

5 years?  It seemed like longer.  I mean, not in a bad way.  I don't know how to finish this post.

You can mean it in a bad way, because the last five years have sucked. Even the good times are tainted by that asshole with the circus hands.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I like to close my eyes sometimes and dream of a big basketball court up in the sky where LaMarcus and Paul Gasol and Richard Jefferson and Dennis Rodman all play together and all they do is win championships for the Spurs. 

As a 4 mean team?  I like and respect it more that way. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I like to close my eyes sometimes and dream of a big basketball court up in the sky where LaMarcus and Paul Gasol and Richard Jefferson and Dennis Rodman all play together and all they do is win championships for the Spurs. 

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

As a 4 mean team?  I like and respect it more that way. 

Rod Strickland running point. 

I've kinda been checking in and out of games this year, watching in the background, and haven't gotten a good feel for what's wrong with this team. The defense seems to be off, and our offense seems to have a lot of slashers that otherwise struggle to create for themselves. Unfortunately Derrick White isn't making the impact as a creator I'd hoped he would make since coming back.

15 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

I've kinda been checking in and out of games this year, watching in the background, and haven't gotten a good feel for what's wrong with this team. The defense seems to be off, and our offense seems to have a lot of slashers that otherwise struggle to create for themselves. Unfortunately Derrick White isn't making the impact as a creator I'd hoped he would make since coming back.

We have no one that can take over a game, we have no identity on offense, most of our guys are icy-hot and don't bring the same game night in and night out, we give too many minutes to shitty vets.

Let's start there and then we can break it down further if need be.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with them persay, unless you consider being under talented something which in broken with the team.  They're simply deficient in talent across the board.  They play hard, they're typically well coached, they typically will execute deftly, but they're just not that talented.  I mean, it's a team who's point differential is negative, who's 8-13 vs team with winning records, who has the worst SRS of any team in the playoffs if the season ended today.  Hard lemonade out of some of these lemons.  The young guys are fun to watch develop but we're just not that good.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t really pay close attention any more because I don’t have foxsw. I checked the standings and was surprised pleasantly surprised the Spurs were still in the 8th spot .  I always check out of curiosity the eastern standings.  Holy shit.  Spurs would be a 4 seed in the east.  There’s only a 2 game differ between having home four in the playoffs and being in the lottery.