San Antonio Spurs 2020-21 Season Thread: Puro Pinche Loteria

Kermit

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Saw this floated. This would be a fucking haul.

Boston Celtics Receive: DeMar DeRozan, Trey Lyles

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Marcus Smart, Carsen Edwards, Robert Williams III, 2021 2nd Round Pick (via OKC)

Yuck.  Who would we be getting that would be good?  Flyers on Edwards or Williams?  Bleh.

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Saw this floated. This would be a fucking haul.

Boston Celtics Receive: DeMar DeRozan, Trey Lyles

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Marcus Smart, Carsen Edwards, Robert Williams III, 2021 2nd Round Pick (via OKC)

I don't think either team benefits from that trade. Boston would really miss Smart and don't need DeMar's skill set.

What about Phoenix? They could do the same deal but for Bridges, Kaminsky, and 2022 2nd rd draft pick.

Fully expecting an L tonight, because we play like shit on the back end of B2B, but the upcoming schedule looks prime for a run. Looks like the next 8 games are all against sub .500 teams (and the Pacers, who are right at).

This team hasn't exactly been taking care of business against shitty teams last year and this year though, so who knows, could go 4-4 during this stretch.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm not sure how they won that game. White, KJ, Gay and Patty were a combined 11-44. White himself was 1-11 and a bunch of those should've been easy buckets. Whatever. GSG. 

Run it back again tonight. 

Because we held GS to 100 and guys outside of those 4 showed up - including our 2 best players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jeevsie said:

So Draymond had money on the game?

QFT

I didn't watch the game but he was especially annoying last night from what I saw. Not that I have anything against Steph, but the preening when you're sitting below .500 is a little obnoxious. Act like you've been there, because we know you have.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

14-11.  Not bad as we start the RRT.  7 away games but the nice news is none of those games are killers.  Who's the best team?  Indiana?  And we're actually 7-3 on the road.  We got the league right where we want them..... GSG!

Yea were are at the place you don't want to be.  Not good enough to seriously compete, but not shitty enough to rebuild.  Although... I guess you can always hope for injuries to key players in the playoffs.  

25 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yea were are at the place you don't want to be.  Not good enough to seriously compete, but not shitty enough to rebuild.  Although... I guess you can always hope for injuries to key players in the playoffs.  

Yep.  Good enough to not be good enough.  No man's land, but this is a fun team and we'll all hope for the best.  Maybe they can begin a new playoff streak, even if it may not be the best play in the long-term.  The team's too good to be bottom 3-4 type team so even if things go south and we don't make the playoffs, maybe the ping pong balls will be good to us.  Right now, it looks like we're good enough to make the playoff though and a reasonable upside is 4/5 seed.  Don't like our chances as 6-8 seed to make any noise.  Probably 1 and done.

17 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I should clarify, injuries to key players for the other contending teams.  (Not that I want dudes to get injured, but if they do... You got to be ready to take advantage.)

Unless that player is Kawhi Leonard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What does Lonnie do at a plus level? Anything?

He just hit a 3 - heard me talking I guess.

Yeah, but then he singlehandedly gave up the lead. He’s been trash lately and it’s sad. Dude has all the tools, just can’t put it together. I know he’s been sick and has had some injuries, but he’s been relegated to a spot up shooter.

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Yeah, but then he singlehandedly gave up the lead. He’s been trash lately and it’s sad. Dude has all the tools, just can’t put it together. I know he’s been sick and has had some injuries, but he’s been relegated to a spot up shooter.

I'd just rather see Vassell get those minutes. I understand Pop has a method to his - and Lonnie was good earlier in the season - but we've been sitting right in the middle of the playoffs. Whoever is playing the best ball should be on the floor imo.

And Trae Young is already fucking us in the ass. Is it that hard to not foul that pube haired dick eater?

Edited by ztejas