China Sucks

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Xian said:

Wow. This is nazi level shit. 

I guess we can now see first hand how/why people didn’t intervene early during the holocaust. 

Not only not intervene, you have people on this site urging the NBA to shut up and appease China so as not to hurt the bottom line.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I can't think of many things more naive than believing business, from employer/employee relations to corporate spending, is not completely intertwined with politics.

Is there politics between a costumer and cashier.

Edited by workswithseed

lots of wiggling. @Asithappensis a good example of it. finding cracks and bitching about nothing in particular while saying everything. nothing but excuses and hot air. 

this shit is going to get out of control. its fine now when we still have an economy but man will that change when we start losing that. or china does. its inevitable

up yours rockets and blizzard. bottom of the human condition 

Edited by staboner

This is what its like to not be the most powerful country in the world, before everyone had to  worry about offending us. Everyone feared losing that American money but now China wears the big boy pants and you can thank the millions of Trump voters for that. In the past if anyone like China had dared to threaten an American corporation the adult in the WH would call them up and tell them to back off, but now we have an idiot child in charge. The future is only going to get worse.

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

This is what its like to not be the most powerful country in the world, before everyone had to  worry about offending us. Everyone feared losing that American money but now China wears the big boy pants and you can thank the millions of Trump voters for that. In the past if anyone like China had dared to threaten an American corporation the adult in the WH would call them up and tell them to back off, but now we have an idiot child in charge. The future is only going to get worse.

That's why China loved the sanctions

12 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It would be very easy for the NBA to tell China to get fucked but it would have to be the NBA itself, representing all franchises, doing so. China will black out one team over shit like this, they're not going to black out the entire NBA.

Yes they would. 

7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I don’t think it’s quite like that. Maybe the US govt may have gotten involved in private business “scandal” but if a Mid-level, foreign business exec had criticized Jim Crow Laws in the 50s, I don’t see the Eisenhower administration blocking said company from doing business in the US. Now I realize communication is vastly different today but the US has different laws, customs and values. 

and of course, China is the one not living up to the 1997 agreement with the UK on how they were going to manage HK. We like to think that China is a lot like the US but they’re still run more like North Korea than the US.

surprising that trump hasn’t jumped on this story more as a way to show strength. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

LMAO. This is all because of the last three years. 

I think Joe would like a word with you. China’s economic power didn’t just materialize in the last three years. Our elected officials have been completely complicit to China’s rise well before Trump. 

• Like 5

This is getting crazy.  

From a Chinese state broadcaster, CCTV: ""We're strongly dissatisfied and oppose Adam Silver's claim to support Morey's right to freedom of expression.  We believe that any remarks that challenge national sovereignty and social stability are not within the scope of freedom of speech."

Um.... in China, perhaps.  

The NBA may have mis-stepped at the outset, but would be pretty cool to see them hold their ground here.  The NBA certainly wants China as an ally, but China doesn't have an alternative either.  The NBA can just refocus their marketing cannon on India at this point.  China can deal with the teenagers in Harden jerseys burning flags on Renren.

This China-NBA news is what happens when you lie down with an authoritarian govt that has can tell their private businesses how to act.  If a small authoritarian country told the NBA what to do, the NBA could laugh it off.  But an authoritarian govt with 1.4B citizens that love your sport?  

The NBA commissioner/owners can tell China to pound sand but most likely lose tens (hundreds?) of millions in revenue and billions in market value. Or they can fire Morey to teach their employees a lesson. Morey is obviously not worth billions to the NBA owners but perhaps now is a good time to address how they will have to work with China.

51 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So just read some stuff On forced organ harvesting on #FalunGong in China

Chinatribunal.com

Pretty sick shit China, wtf. Am I late to the party on this one?

Hey!  Didn't know you were still on the site!  How's that LHN working out for ya?  I remember you were jazzed.

22 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

2020 is important. No need to underscore it because we all know it. Whatever Democrat gets the nomination and wins needs to make it priority one to remind China that we can and will destroy the way of life for the elite in that country. 

I do not like advocating violence, but these bastards are torturing and killing people who want to be free. I have no sympathy for anyone like Xi. Anyone who does is just a shitty human being. He deserves to sit next to Dotard in the 7th Circle of Hell for the atrocities he has willingly committed. 

10 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

This is getting crazy.  

From a Chinese state broadcaster, CCTV: ""We're strongly dissatisfied and oppose Adam Silver's claim to support Morey's right to freedom of expression.  We believe that any remarks that challenge national sovereignty and social stability are not within the scope of freedom of speech."

Um.... in China, perhaps.  

The NBA may have mis-stepped at the outset, but would be pretty cool to see them hold their ground here.  The NBA certainly wants China as an ally, but China doesn't have an alternative either.  The NBA can just refocus their marketing cannon on India at this point.  China can deal with the teenagers in Harden jerseys burning flags on Renren.

If Silver had a spine he would tell these worthless pieces of shit to keep their money and move on to a country like India. 

China is going to have to be dealt with by a Western Alliance in the next 10 years or so. Eventually the American military will intervene and it will not be a fun time for humans as a whole because it will show the complete annihilation of a foreign adversary we have at our disposal. I do like this eventual outcome, but humans will always default to destroying those not in their group when push comes to shove. The shove the US Military can provide is not a fun time for anyone. 

I do not want to see it happen because it just means risking the lives of the young for the goals and objectives of the old, but a war with them as our enemy on a battlefield seems inevitable. 

Edited by UpperWestside

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

If Silver had a spine he would tell these worthless pieces of shit to keep their money and move on to a country like India. 

I think the NBA is technically a non-profit (iifc) but really? 

The NBA is in the business to make money. How hard is it for the Morey's of the world to keep their yap shut?

And as far as the head of the NBA telling a huge market to fuck themselves? Like India can compare to China.

I agree that India is not comparable to China, especially in the NBA has working the China market for decades now. It's not as easy to just switch and expect India to replace it overnight.  It doesn't even matter that India will soon pass China in total population.  Besides it's not a zero sum game. If the NBA had previously thought India was a potential large market for them, they would have already had a strong push into India.   (Note: I assume the NBA already targets India but not at the level of China.)

But to the idea that Morey should shut up or even apologize? Screw that. China wants to walk the fine line of NK control of their citizens while opening up to the world. China is the one with the problem here not the US or NBA.

The NBA really needs to worry that someone like LeBron or Curry doesn't come out to support Morey or even Hong Kong. That would set the course for the NBA at that point.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Cause I love General Taos chicken... and egg rolls

If Lebron was criticizing an injustice in America, which hes done, you would be complaining that he should shut up , which you've done. Now hes not speaking out against China all of a sudden you're a crusader for international human rights. Quit with the disingenuous bullshit 

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

If Lebron was criticizing an injustice in America, which hes done, you would be complaining that he should shut up , which you've done. Now hes not speaking out against China all of a sudden you're a crusader for international human rights. Quit with the disingenuous bullshit 

What in the hell is your problem ? If you knew a fraction of what you thought you did you might be entertaining, but you don't, and you aren't.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

On 10/9/2019 at 10:27 PM, UpperWestside said:

2020 is important. No need to underscore it because we all know it. Whatever Democrat gets the nomination and wins needs to make it priority one to remind China that we can and will destroy the way of life for the elite in that country. 

I do not like advocating violence, but these bastards are torturing and killing people who want to be free. I have no sympathy for anyone like Xi. Anyone who does is just a shitty human being. He deserves to sit next to Dotard in the 7th Circle of Hell for the atrocities he has willingly committed. 

How exactly is the winner of the 2020 election going to destroy the way of life for the elite in that country?

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, China has been grotesquely violating human rights for the last 70 some odd years, through Republican and Democratic administrations good and bad.  I won't say we've stood idly by, but we have.

Why are you just now upset about it?

And, as big a shitheel as Trump is, it's invidious to compare him to a Chinese premier.  He just wishes he was as big a shitheel as any Chinese Premier.

Short of provoking a world war, we aren't really gonna do shit to China.  And the winner of the 2020 election is going to have her hands full right here at home.

• Like 5