A Shaggster From Long Ago May Get a Federal Pardon

Viper

Ricky was never a poster here, iirc. Black Gideon posted his gym exploits. The guy who would post from prison about his beef with a scammer company that Blacklab told the story about and TXTow are the only 2 incarcerated posters I can think of. We don't know for sure about TOR.

There was a guy that others might recognize from the Longhorn BBS site, Atilla the Horn, who went to prison for drug charges and another guy MojitoGandhi who went to prison for murder. 

Edited by burntorangebongos

3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

There's another poster who also did serious time for DUI but I'm not gonna dox him.

I have known a number of people who did time for various things through the program.  Once they got sober, they became remarkably good people.

That's the main reason I have been sort of at war with the criminal justice system.  I am a firm believer in redemption and so much crime is traceable to addiction issues.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

The guy who would post from prison about his beef with a scammer company that Blacklab told the story about

That dude died in prison. Company he had beef with sued his daughter to get some of the money he owed them and I actually got deposed for the lawsuit. 

This is why I have such a hard time explaining to people what it is about this community that keeps me coming back after like a decade...it always ends up like this between Roman, Ricky, lump, TXTow, wreaths, banners, Rocko, rumble fishstix, Thujone masterpieces, a woman plying a clueless man with wine in his apartment, dirt bike, NowThis, corch, slept, etc

image.png.06fb2103bf012ebbb6f420c4364216a8.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have known a number of people who did time for various things through the program.  Once they got sober, they became remarkably good people.

That's the main reason I have been sort of at war with the criminal justice system.  I am a firm believer in redemption and so much crime is traceable to addiction issues.

I agree with you. Addiction is one of the main drivers.

Now hand over that damn wallet.

• Hook 'Em 2

The thing that was funny was I had turned over shaggy to kevin a few weeks before and their first question was "are you the owner of shaggy" I said nope and explained what happened. They then skipped forward about 5 pages in their questions before they found a question that was still relevant. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Homercles said:

This is why I have such a hard time explaining to people what it is about this community that keeps me coming back after like a decade...it always ends up like this between Roman, Ricky, lump, TXTow, wreaths, banners, Rocko, rumble fishstix, Thujone masterpieces, a woman plying a clueless man with wine in his apartment, dirt bike, NowThis, corch, slept, etc

What happened to Rumble?  

7 hours ago, Homercles said:

Don't forget John Mueller. Watching everyone suck his dick constantly and shit all over his sister on the JMMC thread only to instantly turn to wanting to kill him after he ripped everybody off was pure lulz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, blacklab said:

The thing that was funny was I had turned over shaggy to kevin a few weeks before and their first question was "are you the owner of shaggy" I said nope and explained what happened. They then skipped forward about 5 pages in their questions before they found a question that was still relevant. 

I remember you talking on the radio about the shaggy depo and one of your reddit answers came up about how much the site is worth (did you ever claim that the site is worth $350,000?). Almost had to pull over that shit was so funny. Are we ever going to hear the depo or see transcripts? There's gotta be more gold in there from that dipshit attorney

24 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Don't forget John Mueller. Watching everyone suck his dick constantly and shit all over his sister on the JMMC thread only to instantly turn to wanting to kill him after he ripped everybody off was pure lulz

Holy shit I forgot about that. 

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

the tree fidy happened during the trial:

douchebag haaavard lawyer: did you ever claim to know the value of shaggy?
me: no
dhl: are you sure?
me: yeah
dhl: you never said it was worth $350k

asks the judge to approach me and he walks up and shows me a printout from the reddit AMA which featured dickbut among other things.

points to a question saying: 
How much is shaggy worth in your estimate (answer in US dollars please)?

my answer on reddit:
about tree fidy

I start laughing,
me: uh, that's a joke answer, see, there's this TV show called south park......
dhl: nevermind, no question your honor
judge: Mr. Blacklab that's enough
me: and there's this character called the loch ness monster...
judge: Mr. blacklab
me: and he's always asking for tree fidy....
judge: MR. BLACKLAB that's enough
me: ok

I never got a transcript of the trial.

The items below are from the deposition.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You’ve posted that FUPA page before but I didn’t know the Megan Willis thing actually came up in the deposition. Jesus that’s funny. There’s not a chance I could say that without dying laughing.

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

1010wins is who Nicole44 married, right? I guess she got us in the divorce? We came out ahead, imo.

I don't think so.  I think there would be a pretty big age gap.  At least he posted like a naive 20-something.

1010wins came to everyone's attention by asking about where he could get a loan to pay for child care while living in NYC.  He needed his SO to get back to work, but they couldn't afford child care while living there.

Then, after Trump was elected, he asked how do you tell your children.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

the tree fidy happened during the trial:

douchebag haaavard lawyer: did you ever claim to know the value of shaggy?
dhl: are you sure?
me: yeah
dhl: you never said it was worth $350k

asks the judge to approach me and he walks up and shows me a printout from the reddit AMA which featured dickbut among other things.

points to a question saying: 
How much is shaggy worth in your estimate (answer in US dollars please)?

my answer on reddit:
about tree fidy

I start laughing,
me: uh, that's a joke answer, see, there's this TV show called south park......
dhl: nevermind, no question your honor
judge: Mr. Blacklab that's enough
me: and there's this character called the loch ness monster...
judge: Mr. blacklab
me: and he's always asking for tree fidy....
judge: MR. BLACKLAB that's enough
me: ok

I never got a transcript of the trial.

The items below are from the deposition.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Weis

On 12/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, Viper said:

did you read the article?

"Ulbricht made a series of errors in attempting to disguise his role in administering the site, including leaving a trail of personal information like email addresses and nicknames on web forum posts asking for help with cryptocurrency and darknet sites."

American Kingpin talks about the online trail he left.  It was a very light trail when he'd pop up on something public.  Just a few posts that they were able to piece together because of random stuff (some server in Iceland he used was named Frosty, a single post on a site used a screen name Frosty, that sort of thing.  Only three or four deals like that, mostly stemming from when he was just getting started). A lot of people in different government agencies working together were needed to piece it together by some fortuitous coincidences.  Going on a site like this and posting under the same name regularly is way outside of what was presented, which came in large part from trial transcripts.

Interpreting his behavior as careless slop, like the way you read the above-quoted sentence is wrong, and I'd categorize posting here as DreadPirateRoberts as careless slop.  They were a "series of errors" and "a trial of personal information like email addresses and nicknames." But using the same name here would be a blinking neon sign, 1000x the size of the screwups he actually made.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, XYZ said:

That lawsuit, deposition, whatever...why did that happen? Like, why were they asking him all those weird questions? Like the questions about FUPA, what possible reason could there be to question the guy about that?

In a deposition, you can ask anything pretty much, bounded only by the standard of relevance, which is very broad.

In that particular instance, it was an AMA on Reddit, where blacklab said shaggy was worth about tree-fiddy.

Legally, an owner's estimate of the value of an item of property is competent evidence of that value, so they needed to try to figure out how to make that look like some sort of serious estimate to a jury, which would mean trying to figure out what the other obscure references were, just in case.

So they asked all that other shit from the AMA either to make him look bad or foolish or out of sheer ignorance.  Or possibly to lull him into giving an answer they liked about his "valuation" of the shag.

Also, pretty clearly, his opponent and lawyers were sticks in the mud that "got" none of those references.  So they needed to get context so as not to be too surprised when they tried to misuse the tree-fiddy response as an actual valuation of shaggy.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2