Christmas loot

Superhero

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, this is a Bill 'n Ted situation.  I can see his 10YO grandson walking into his social studies class needing an A on the history presentation to get advanced to the next grade level.

"Ms. Harris.  My grandfather knew Sam Houston.  My grandfather served with Sam Houston."   The kid chugs that can of Local Lager, throws it at the class pet.  

"And Ms. Harris, you are no Sam Houston!"  And he storms out to a standing ovation.  

Grandson just might do that.

At age 5 he was kicked out of his Montessori school for dropping f-bombs & mooning the girls at recess.

• Hook 'Em 1

Isn't that all part of the Montessori experience, really letting them branch out and explore who they are with few limits?  Plus, that's a cool badge of honor...it's really hard for a student to get kicked out of one of those places.  

Back to Christmas loot---I got one of those slim Eureka hand vacs with the optional handle.  My wife is sick of me crushing tree roaches in our house. She wants me to vacuum them up, take them outside, and then kill them.  Makes sense.  So yeah, pretty lavish year in the Lobo household /humblebrag.  

They're pronounced "reindeer games", not "rectal games."  Of course, I suppose that begs the question...are there "rectal reindeer games"  

The North Pole's hottest new club is "Blitzen"......./stefan 

Two kids in college with no money unless Dad gives it to them, so I got an un-labeled small bottle of cologne (from son) and some “golf socks” (daughter) because they have a little “FJ” on them.

Wife, as usual, got me another UT polo/golf shirt. She at least knows the true way. I got her another Snowbaby that she’s collected for over two decades - this year was a Whataburger kid, holding fries in one hand and the striped bag in the other.

Merry Christmas and Hook’em!

Cool propeller picture! Every time I see a prop-pic I think of my crop-dusting cousins in SE Texas! My Uncle and his sons have been in the crop-dusting business since the ‘70s. I remember when my Uncle flew a by-wing two seater! He’d take us kids up in the front, but just don’t grab the stick!

• Hook 'Em 1

Cool propeller picture! Every time I see a prop-pic I think of my crop-dusting cousins in SE Texas! My Uncle and his sons have been in the crop-dusting business since the ‘70s. I remember when my Uncle flew a by-wing two seater! He’d take us kids up in the front, but just don’t grab the stick!
25 years ago me would have done that. Love flying, its a drug. I wouldnt make as much money as i do now but i would probably be happier. Love my job, but that would have been way better.

I don't understand the hate for those shoes.
Age bracket 18-33 hate them. Not made of some type of cloth.

A mans shoes and the shape they are in says a lot about him on first impressions. Shoe trees in all my leather shoes and boots, and a great shine even on my redwings.

Now GTF off my lawn.

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Age bracket 18-33 hate them. Not made of some type of cloth.

A mans shoes and the shape they are in says a lot about him on first impressions. Shoe trees in all my leather shoes and boots, and a great shine even on my redwings.

Now GTF off my lawn.

Counterpoint

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Saphir Renovateur mink oil is God's gift to calf leather shoes.

• Like 1

Wife (no pics) and I are a couple of overgrown kids who love to cook, so it seems our Christmas was given over to food and frivolity.  Not a bad way to be after a weird, shitty year.  

My wife spent a lot of time making homemade confections (she's really good at it) and creating all kinds of beautiful gift boxes (full of treats and fine coffee) for all her coworkers.  We bought a ton of jars, and all of our friends and family received a triad of spice blends with their Christmas cards from us.  The response we got back was overwhelming.  Made us feel good and a little flattered that our kitchen skills are held in such high regard.  

I also spent some time prepping and cooking 40# of various BBQ, which I took to the in-laws, fed everyone, and then vac-sealed all the leftovers for everyone to take home.  

Evidently, the wife did not have time to concoct any holiday treats for ME, but the selection of Romolo Cherries and Caramels I received was wonderful.  In return, she received some Norman Love, for which SHE was grateful.  For two people who don't really have a sweet-tooth, we've got some pretty awesome candy on our counter now...ha!

Some friends sent us some funky new kitchen aprons, and we also received some Waterford stemless wine bowls, which we already put to good use at Christmas Dinner with the 2012 Chateau Montelena Estate Cab we opened.

My wife hates our blender, but she prefers using a blender while I prefer the food processor, so it was time to step up and buy her some big, bad-ass, industrial strength mofo, which she loves.  She also got a wireless speaker rig for her office and the new Queen Blu-Ray (much to my chagrin, she actually likes Adam Lambert).  I also got her a classic Moog Theremin, which has already taken up a place of honor in our Music Room amongst her violins and guitars, along with our baby-grand.  Gonna be some interesting music drifting out of our place in the new year.

I received some new oven mitts (my style, my size, and slip-proof), which I needed, along with some cut-proof gloves (for the days that I'm getting rowdy in the kitchen).  She gave me Hudson Hawk on Blu-Ray, along with Scream For Me, Sarajevo!.  We were present for the premiere of that in London with Bruce Dickinson (yes, THE Bruce Dickinson), but I never did purchase the DVD upon release.  She also gave me a wireless speaker rig for the garage, the trilogy of Stephen Fry memoirs, an Annie Ross (R.I.P.) collection, and a Pete Way live album.  

She absolutely floored me with the 1984, German-made, Polygram CD of No Tellin' Lies by Zebra.  Maybe not the most valuable of releases in the world, but certainly one of the most rare CDs out there.  It has been on my Holy Grail list for a while for my collection.  Not sure where she got it from or what she spent, but...I'll take it.

But...after all that...there was still the big one.  I have collected Ioannis artwork for years.  After serving as art director for the Bananas album for Deep Purple, he created two tour posters to commemorate the first two dates (Seattle & San Fran) of the tour, where they were celebrating the anniversary of the Machine Head album.  I have had the Warfield poster since 2004 (it was actually a gift from Ioannis...another story), but I never had the print from the Paramount.  Well...I do now!  Signed and numbered by the artist, BUT also signed by Gillan, Glover, Paice, Morse, and Airey.  And then she got it framed in such a badass manner, with shades of deep purple in the borders, and I'll be damned if she didn't find a black wooden frame with a dark purple strip running along the edge (or had it custom-made...who knows?).  I was absolutely floored!

Combined with the fact that we saw The Long Goodbye tour from the front row in New Orleans last year, and the permanent placement of the InFinite logo on the inside of my arm in January, the acquisition of the other half of this set seems like...finished business.

Clearly, my wife loves me.  I am very grateful.  

After Thursday and Friday off, she went back to work for Saturday and Sunday shifts, but has 8 days off after that.  And...for once...we actually have NYE plans.

While it will be fun to send 2020 packing with two middle fingers held high, I feel very blessed.  Our past two holidays have been a bit butchered, but this one has been a fine one, indeed!

Edited by After irth
dumbass typos
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wife (no pics) and I are a couple of overgrown kids who love to cook, so it seems our Christmas was given over to food and frivolity.  Not a bad way to be after a weird, shitty year.  
My wife spent a lot of time making homemade confections (she's really good at it) and creating all kinds of beautiful gift boxes (full of treats and fine coffee) for all her coworkers.  We bought a ton of jars, and all of our friends and family received a triad of spice blends with their Christmas cards from us.  The response we got back was overwhelming.  Made us feel good and a little flattered that our kitchen skills are held in such high regard.  
I also spent some time prepping and cooking 40# of various BBQ, which I took to the in-laws, fed everyone, and then vac-sealed all the leftovers for everyone to take home.  
Evidently, the wife did not have time to concoct any holiday treats for ME, but the selection of Romolo Cherries and Caramels I received was wonderful.  In return, she received some Norman Love, for which SHE was grateful.  For two people who don't really have a sweet-tooth, we've got some pretty awesome candy on our counter now...ha!
Some friends sent us some funky new kitchen aprons, and we also received some Waterford stemless wine bowls, which we already put to good use at Christmas Dinner with the 2012 Chateau Montelena Estate Cab we opened.
My wife hates our blender, but she prefers using a blender while I prefer the food processor, so it was time to step up and buy her some big, bad-ass, industrial strength mofo, which she loves.  She also got a wireless speaker rig for her office and the new Queen Blu-Ray (much to my chagrin, she actually likes Adam Lambert).  I also got her a classic Moog Theremin, which has already taken up a place of honor in our Music Room amongst her violins and guitars, along with our baby-grand.  Gonna be some interesting music drifting out of our place in the new year.
I received some new oven mitts (my style, my size, and slip-proof), which I needed, along with some cut-proof gloves (for the days that I'm getting rowdy in the kitchen).  She gave me Hudson Hawk on Blu-Ray, along with Scream For Me, Sarajevo!.  We were present for the premiere of that in London with Bruce Dickinson (yes, THE Bruce Dickinson), but I never did purchase the DVD upon release.  She also gave me a wireless speaker rig for the garage, the trilogy of Stephen Fry memoirs, an Annie Ross (R.I.P.) collection, and a Pete Way live album.  
She absolutely floored me with the 1984, German-made, Polygram CD of No Tellin' Lies by Zebra.  Maybe not the most valuable of releases in the world, but certainly one of the most rare CDs out there.  It has been on my Holy Grail list for a while for my collection.  Not sure where she got it from or what she spent, but...I'll take it.
But...after all that...there was still the big one.  I have collected Ioannis artwork for years.  After serving as art director for the Bananas album for Deep Purple, he created two tour posters to commemorate the first two dates (Seattle & San Fran) of the tour, where they were celebrating the anniversary of the Machine Head album.  I have had the Warfield poster since 2004 (it was actually a gift from Ioannis...another story), but I never had the print from the Paramount.  Well...I do now!  Signed and numbered by the artist, BUT also signed by Gillan, Glover, Paice, Morse, and Airey.  And then she got it framed in such a badass manner, with shades of deep purple in the borders, and I'll be damned if she didn't find a black wooden frame with a dark purple strip running along the edge (or had it custom-made...who knows?).  I was absolutely floored!
Combined with the fact that we saw The Long Goodbye tour from the front row in New Orleans last year, and the permanent placement of the InFinite logo on the inside of my arm in January, the acquisition of the other half of this set seems like...finished business.
Clearly, my wife loves me.  I am very grateful.  
After Thursday and Friday off, she went back to work for Saturday and Sunday shifts, but has 8 days off after that.  And...for once...we actually have NYE plans.
While it will be fun to send 2020 packing with two middle fingers held high, I feel very blessed.  Our past two holidays have been a bit butchered, but this one has been a fine one, indeed!

Zebra, as in who’s behind the door zebra?

Not loot, but I got what I wanted/needed.

Weekend away with the family, including a trip to an "exotic game farm". In the rain, as expected, but it started to snow huge flakes and such as we got there.

It was just the right amount of ridiculous, llamas and yak and elk and such following our car around looking to be fed. And when a juvenile ('cause it weren't small) bison stuck its whole damn head through the window to get a slice of bread... just perfect.

Merry Christmas, with filthy animals... so, it's a happy new year indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, Armybrat said:

Grandson just might do that.

At age 5 he was kicked out of his Montessori school for dropping f-bombs & mooning the girls at recess.

My kid pulled that shit in a Montessori school back in the early 80’s. When he was asked where he learned that type of language, he responded with “my fucking old man” ........chip off the old block.

yes we were asked to move the boy..

• Haha 2

On 12/26/2020 at 10:20 AM, Celery Man said:

It’s a grill. Propane Weber which probably isn’t up to shaggy standards but I’m excited to get high temp sears on the cast iron without filling the house with smoke.

Also there’s the new house, renovation, and baby.

5C3A9D9C-05DB-43FD-8AA4-6D5A064C3198.jpeg

1D460135-621F-4C2C-89A7-51C7CF26838A.jpeg

Shithead took his vengeance during his morning constitutional, looks like.

BC327ED5-5A36-4D62-973E-C05AD866B74D.jpeg