2021 ATP/WTA Thread

UDontKnow

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Canada survives, that was quite the battle. 

Bianca’s mom looks like Eastern European Nouveau Rich Euro Trash. 😂

Dad looks like a doctor who jogs 40+ miles a week and drives a Buick or a Honda. 

Re: Tiafoe

For someone who grew up at a tennis center, his lazy last minute whipping forehand that looks more appropriate for TABLE TENNIS than lawn tennis is kind of shocking. 

Edited by Napoleon

Anyone up?

I’ve got Barty, Bianca, & Sakkari left in my Sudden Death League. Do I take the most likely winner in the SFs now (Barty -205 over Svitolina), or hope Bianca bounces back after her long match tonight to beat the incredibly fit Sakkari (Bianca -175)? Taking Barty now (assuming she wins) at least guarantees me a finals pick. 

No $ involved, just points for the season race. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/24/2021 at 4:03 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

RIP, GEMS. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:47 PM, Napoleon said:

Gael's game & life are in turmoil and that weight is probably not working for Svitolina. This line:

"The decision was incredibly difficult, because we still have love for each other, but it's just two best friends realizing it's time to take some space and help each other live the most joyous, fulfilled life as possible."

That reads like someone who has decided to cut bait.

In other news... WTF with Sinner losing last night? Tyrolean Golden Boy... (I laugh every time they refer to him as "The Italian".) gets sunk in the 1st round. His rocket ship to the Top 10 needs to be returned from the launch pad for some tinkering and refueling.

Thanks @shadow_operative2.0 for the heads up about Rogers/Gauff.

Well, that shit flipped quickly. Getting married now. 

https://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2021/04/five-minutes-gael-monfils-elina-svitolina-gems-life-instagram-interview/88171/

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The fans must have been upset and her Q score and click-through started to tail off. 

I’m happy for him (I think). Hopefully this is what they both want and if so, hopefully they actually get married (rather than stay engaged for 2 years and then one gets dumped by the other’s cheating ass. 🤷‍♂️

Does Sinner win? Or Hurkaczsśč?