2021 ATP/WTA Thread

UDontKnow

On 7/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Danielle has magically recovered from whatever mystery ailment felled her the other day, now she’s the 1-seed in Palermo. If she was ever to win a title, this would be the week. 

And she won Palermo!

Also, here's the full context of why she retired from her match last week. She was pissed off at the umpire after a ball kid made a move towards a ball in the middle of the point she would have won. Video should be queued up properly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Elina survives Tomljanovic, CSN forces 3 with Karolina, Iga down a set.

I’m out. 

Hot Paula Badosa beats Iga Świątek 

Badosa plays my Argie countrywoman Nadia Podoroska in the Round of 16

Kvitova crashes out to a Belgian with a long name.

Pliskova beats everyone's heartwarming story Carla Suarez Navarro

Mrs. Monfils (né Svitolina) defeats Yugoslavian Australian and tennis W.A.G. Tomljanovic

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Not to be. Osaka lost in straights to the Czech

HOLY CRAP!!!

She had played really well in her first two matches, so it didn't appear that she was lacking match sharpness. (I don't know if that's the right way to write that.)

I really can't believe that that happened.

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: https://www.nbcolympics.com/videos/naomi-osaka-crashes-out-tokyo-olympics-third-round

Out. We’re gonna have another goofy winner like Puig

NBC be bummin’. 

Puig's cute and Puerto Rico needs a hero, so VAMOS PUIG!!

Edited by Napoleon

And hot Camila (Giorgi) finishes Karolina. Chaos as usual for the ladies. 

I want her to be this year’s Puig. 

Giorgi is the kind of player who could actually thrive in these hot/steamy conditions.

She and Sakkari look like the ladies with the lowest fat %s on tour and Sakkari is out.

Giorgi belts the ball and can run around for hours. She may just grind people into heat exhaustion and pick up a medal.

ALSO:  Svitolina looks
-leaner
-fitter
-more powerful

...than she has since I started following the shit out of tennis in January 2020. The way she was playing in the snippet against Sakkari that I watched in the second set was like a different player from the Svitolina that I have watched in the previous 18 months.

Edited by Napoleon

On 7/27/2021 at 3:36 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And hot Camila finishes Karolina. Chaos as usual for the ladies. 

I want her to be this year’s Puig. 

This year’s:

PUIG, SILVER, & BRONZE will come from these 4 winners:

70EA5543-25A5-4533-8515-BF98782DAAAE.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

Bencic Beat Rybakina in 3 sets, so Bencic & Switzerland definitely get a tennis medal.

Rybakina will play the loser of Vondrousova (CZE) vs Svitolina (UKR) in 3rd place match.

Big fan of Rybakina's flat stomach. Big win for Bencic, but I'm just not a fan because she's too much of a turbulent nut job on most occasions. I guess that I'll pull for Svitolina to win it all and for Rybakina to get the Bronze. Svitolina vs Vondrousova is coming up soon.

13 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Vondrousova smoked Elina. 

Belinda is also in the doubles final with Golubic against Krejcikova/Siniakova. 

Vondrousova may have just been a tricky opponent for anyone who might get in their head. She mixes the ball around and gets her opponent thinking.

Osaka & Svitolina both had a ton of unforced errors.

Vondrousova also has absolutely horrible posture. She should do yoga or ballet in her spare time, because that shit will haunt her in her later years.

PS- QUOTED YOU!

Edited by Napoleon

Watching the replay. I can’t wait to see the turnaround. Zverev has slammed his racquet and fired a ball into the stands in frustration in the second set. Certainly seems like Joker is cruising.

Fucking replay literally just skipped ahead through the 3rd set to the point where the match is almost over. Bullshit.

16 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Watching the replay. I can’t wait to see the turnaround. Zverev has slammed his racquet and fired a ball into the stands in frustration in the second set. Certainly seems like Joker is cruising.

If it were cycling, it would be said that Djokovic bonked about midway through the 2nd set.

I really want Bencic to lose. She's a fucking head case and I don't like her attitude.

Even though Vondrousova has tattoos that look like she was drawing on herself in class in the back row, I'm still supporting her slouchy big-nosed ass and would like to see her leave with gold.

There's a lot of Czech being spoken, because Bencic is the daughter of Czechloslovakian parents and Vondrousova is Czech.

Let's go big-nosed sloucher!

Vondrousova with the killer dropshot to go up 4-1 in the second set after losing the first set 5-7.

Bencic takes a time out before Voundrousova's serve to have a blister dealt with late in the 3rd set

Announcer was saying that you should have to take the time out before your own serve, not before the opponent's serve.

Vondrousova then loses her serve at love and Bencic is now serving for the match.

Bencic is a cunt.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Bencic takes a time out before Voundrousova's serve to have a blister dealt with late in the 3rd set

Announcer was saying that you should have to take the time out before your own serve, not before the opponent's serve.

Vondrousova then loses her serve at love and Bencic is now serving for the match.

Bencic is a cunt.

I instinctively disliked her before this and now I have a reason to.  Bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Bencic is a cunt.

Just watched that.  A 3 minute time out while they're bandaging her blister makes you lose your serve?  Meh.

What was cool about the doubles was you could see the difference in technique .  The Czech team has played together for years and I’ve never seen bencic and golubitch play together before .

Clapping on someone else’s double fault is next level shit too.  The Swiss did it to siniakova a couple of times.

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

What was cool about the doubles was you could see the difference in technique .  The Czech team has played together for years and I’ve never seen bencic and golubitch play together before .

Clapping on someone else’s double fault is next level shit too.  The Swiss did it to siniakova a couple of times.

The Swiss pair are low class trash.

I will never pull for those two.

Polar opposite from the Swiss men. But that's because they're really Swiss.