6666 Ranch for Sale

RPM

Famous '6666' Texas ranch has been owned by Anne Marion's family for 152 years and the listing marks the first time in its history that it has been put on the market
It is renowned for breeding horses and its owners the Burnett family made its fortune in cattle and oil 
Anne Marion, 81, died in February from lung cancer and as a result, the 142,000 acre property is for sale

Some pretty cool pics with the story.

36956734-0-image-a-136_1608207141823.jpg

Edited by RPM
corrected original source misspell
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RPM said:

Been to Guthrie... pass. But you can get a decent breakfast there.

Not sure it's still there, but the restrooms were along a stone-wall walkway behind the store and cafe.   Seemed like the type of place Seabass  might hang out.  Creepy.

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

So the Chinese? Or maybe the Mormons?

God, I hope not. I'd pitch it to Elon, plenty of room for Tesla and SpaceX. Hopefully it goes to some Texan billionaire, the problem is going to be the bottom line. If it's like the Waggoner, the accountants will have money whipped it into a venture that is barely breaking even. Happened on the Waggoner, its great job security if you can scare away any potential buyers. 

CHIEF

If you could get it for $175,000,000 and put 20% down ($35mm) your payment would still be $600,000-650,000 a month with a good interest rate, on a 30 year note. Not sure if that could be swung even if you got out of the cattle business and covered all 142,000 acres with hookers and blow.

CHIEF

My dad trained and showed cutting horses.  He also did a lot of judging so I spent a lot of time in arenas on the 6666, the Pitchfork and the Waggoner.  We also would go to their yearling sales.  Man...when I was about 8-12 years old, I LOVED doing that shit.  They would let me run the scores to the tables and even sometimes let me bid at the sales.  At the end, I would be covered in dirt and we would wash off in the water tanks.  
We went to one roping in Guthrie one year.  It was some kind of benefit.  My old man gave me $10 dollars and said, "Go buy 4 matchbooks and just give them this $10."  Sure thing...so I head off to where they were selling matchbooks for $1.  With each matchbook, they gave you a frosty Coors.  But 12 yr old me ordered 5 matchbooks and drank one on the way back to the our folding chairs on the rail.  
The Waggoner got bailed out by Kroenke and saved that part of Texas from the Mormons, which would have killed the tax roles in about 4 counties.  I haven't talked to the old man about what he knows about the 6666, but hopefully some people can get the $$$ together to keep the horse/cattle and the land all together.   The last I talked to someone from Vernon, the cowboys there seemed to be happy with the changes.  I don't know about the farming or the oil pieces though.   
Love this picture of all of these mares.  
36956724-9063289-image-a-98_1608206777698.jpg

Rep for being able to buy beers at 12.
  • Hook 'Em 1

My cousin used to work there. I got a "6666" t-shirt from him because he knows I like ranches and stuff like that. 

My then girlfriend thought I had convereted to Satanism.  I tried to explain it to her but I still think she never quite "got it."

She was fun in bed.

That's all I got.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Surprised they didn’t reference the private airstrip with a pretty nice hanger. I’m guessing it can handle a kind air or VLJ. 

I saw a very large twin engine jet parked on that strip one Labor Day when I was in my twenties.  Couple dozen Asian guys were getting out carrying gun cases.  

• 4 months later...

Glad they were able to keep everything together.  I really wish the 6666 and Waggoner would do what the King Ranch as done with marketing (Ford and their leather shop).  I assume Tio was behind all of that and I think that was a brilliant move on his part.    

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Glad they were able to keep everything together.  I really wish the 6666 and Waggoner would do what the King Ranch as done with marketing (Ford and their leather shop).  I assume Tio was behind all of that and I think that was a brilliant move on his part.    

Don't forget King Ranch chicken!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2