Formula 1 2021

wood

15 hours ago, faps said:

Re: F1 TV Pro

They need a damn Android TV app so I don't have to jump through hoops to watch on my Shield.

13 hours ago, texas08 said:

Is this the first time you try F1 Tv Pro?

I’m jumping on the free trial later tonight when I have time to set it up, wondering if it’s worth it etc?

How interesting are the team radio channels etc?

I read that you can have up to 6 devices at once, checking out different radios and race cams at the same time I’m sure is cool. I see myself using no more than 2 maybeeee 3 at a time.

F1TV has had major problems every year & apparently finally dumped Tata & moved to AWS (Oh, and apparently F1 is talking to Amazon about streaming the GPs on Prime). Apparently there have been teething pains after that move, too. I'm not giving them a dime until they can go a season (hell, even just one race) where people aren't constantly about buffering, shitty quality, and loads of other problems. 

Edited by wood

13 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Merc rake looks higher to my eye. I am wondering if they used their tokens in the rear suspension to be able to do that. We haven’t seen them used anywhere else, so it could make sense.

Yeah the Sky crew was commenting that it's definitely higher.

13 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

My wife informed me last night that we have to go to the American GP.  How bad are hotel rooms going to be?  A 3 day pass doesn't seem too exorbitant.

Hotels aren't that bad. They've never been sold out in Austin, and you can always go south for rooms as well. I ran a hotels.com search for some friends of mine the other day. Even checking in Friday and checking out Monday, it's still wide open for this year's GP.

Edited by wood

F1TV has had major problems every year & apparently finally dumped Tata & moved to AWS (Oh, and apparently F1 is talking to Amazon about streaming the GPs on Prime). Apparently there have been teething pains after that move, too. I'm not giving them a dime until they can go a season (hell, even just one race) where people aren't constantly about buffering, shitty quality, and loads of other problems. 

Cool, didn’t know it could suck come race day. Thanks for the heads up. Was able to split it with a buddy, so if it sucks, $40/ea is fine.

12 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Hoping for a nice qualifying session. I desperately want competition.

Amen brutha.

I always root for Fred and Ric and Ferrari.  This year I'll also be pulling for Mick but that Haas is gonna be a pig all year long I expect.

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

And I like Perez, but I want to see Gasly beat a Red Bull as much as possible just because Horner is a dick.

He has done a great job since getting demoted. And their car looked pretty good today. Good for them. I was pretty impressed with the Ferrari cars. The sport needs that team to be competitive. I really like Norris. I hope he continues to do well.

Bad luck for Vettel today with the yellows. I think he should just go out for a drive tomorrow, get used to the car and move up into the top-10 if he can and that would be successful, in my mind, for a first race. 

Glad to see Gasly with the solid effort and I think he might be the driver I pull for the most this year.  

Interesting that even though the second driver for Red Bull changes,  the results don't seem to follow. I think Max can and will challenge Lewis this year I don't think Red Bull challenges Merc for the constructor title.  

Just from a livery standpoint 

I really liked alpha tauri’s white wheels and their livery. 
ferraries colors where awesome. And then they put that neon green bullshit on there.  

WTF Williams? I have no words to describe how awful.   

2 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Just from a livery standpoint 

I really liked alpha tauri’s white wheels and their livery. 
ferraries colors where awesome. And then they put that neon green bullshit on there.  

WTF Williams? I have no words to describe how awful.   

I’m the opposite. Alpha reversed colors from last season worked well with the white wheels. This year they stick out like a sore thumb with the blue and look terrible. Just MO