Formula 1 2021

wood

9 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Just from a livery standpoint 

I really liked alpha tauri’s white wheels and their livery. 
ferraries colors where awesome. And then they put that neon green bullshit on there.  

WTF Williams? I have no words to describe how awful.   

ya the williams is the worst on the grid.

hilarious mazepin crashes by himself on lap 1.  entertainment guaranteeed

Many got what they wanted which is Max with and equal if not better car and Lewis still pulls out the win.  Obviously they are the top two drivers, but the question I have is what happens with the Mercedes car.

Heard and read multiple times since the new regs came out, testing, and in qualifying that the low rake cars were being negatively impacted by the changes while the higher rake cars were mostly unaffected.  Mercedes does what Mercedes does apparently and in less than a month's time they go from a car that is struggling to stay on the track let alone be competitive to 2 top 3 finishes.  

Does anyone expect Merc to pull ahead of the field with their car as they continue to dial things in with adjustments or will Red Bull be able to find more from that car?

Many got what they wanted which is Max with and equal if not better car and Lewis still pulls out the win.  Obviously they are the top two drivers, but the question I have is what happens with the Mercedes car.
Heard and read multiple times since the new regs came out, testing, and in qualifying that the low rake cars were being negatively impacted by the changes while the higher rake cars were mostly unaffected.  Mercedes does what Mercedes does apparently and in less than a month's time they go from a car that is struggling to stay on the track let alone be competitive to 2 top 3 finishes.  
Does anyone expect Merc to pull ahead of the field with their car as they continue to dial things in with adjustments or will Red Bull be able to find more from that car?

Merc is going to be more on a knife edge in regards to setup. They can probably get it handled somewhat, but it will be interesting to see.

That is a relatively weak Merc track too, so stuff could be track dependent.

Their development will affect how they develop for 2022 as well. It’s possible that this battle goes to the end of the year, and someone else may be fastest to start 2022!

Merc are having engine de-rating issues at the end of straights too, but that is a deployment thing that should be able to be optimized with software changes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

so far f1tv is working pretty smooth both on iOS and on my PC

Sounds like they def made some improvements.

Impressive race by Lewis, he got the challenge he's always wanted. Hopefully Red Bull can keep the heat on.

Realize it is very, very early with a new team and for the team itself in some ways, but thoughts on Vettel?

He was bad in qualifying and was clearly at fault in the collision yet on the radio he is confident it is the other driver.  Reminds me of the guy driving 15 mph too slow in the left lane with his blinker on bitching about all the other dangerous drivers.