Formula 1 2021

wood

21 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

How awesome would it be to be the safety car driver? Getting paid to drive an AMG around a F1 circuit.

and get yelled at by the drivers for going too slow

GnT42bGWQGirxTc8ypnmZA?w=600&h=289&fm=pj

r692410_1242x699_16-9.jpg&w=570&h=321&fo

1st+ever+appearance+of+a+Safety+Car+in+F

possibly the coolest ever

safety-car-deployment-in-wet-w-1.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RPM said:

We'll see next year when they can't outspend everyone else.

Oh you won't get an argument from me concerning the $$$ spent. I like Mercedes but, and on the record saying I can't root for an English driver in a German car. I am also on the record saying I want competition, all through the field. It's not good when a team can spend $200,000,000 more than anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

Oh man, I just realized we have to deal with Mazepin at Monaco. That might be bad.

Hopefully he is suspended by then. Hass should be embarrassed that this is what they are putting on the grid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pops said:

Hopefully he is suspended by then. Hass should be embarrassed that this is what they are putting on the grid. 

Covid/F1 really screwed the small teams by pushing back the car changes a year. 

It’s a lame duck season and they really don’t have a choice except to simply accept it. F1 should have given them an extra token or something to use this year only. (Williams/Haas)

15 minutes ago, pops said:

Their last driver pairing was the worst in F1, & that didn't stop 'em. I've never warmed to this team, as I felt early on that they were pretenders at best. They're just a sad, sad joke.

His only shot

would have been to pit the following lap and hope he could pass. Bottas wasn’t going to just let him by either. Would have been close but they basically had 80seconds to make the call. Well played by Merc and made possible by Bottas in 3rd and Perez out of the picture. 

They had the long run covered while Lewis tried to chase down Max on a shorter run. 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

His only shot

would have been to pit the following lap and hope he could pass. Bottas wasn’t going to just let him by either. Would have been close but they basically had 80seconds to make the call. Well played by Merc and made possible by Bottas in 3rd and Perez out of the picture. 

They had the long run covered while Lewis tried to chase down Max on a shorter run. 

Yep. But even then, the Merc is too quick in race trim. The F1 press keeps trying to sell the premise that RBR is quicker or at least as quick, but that dog ain't gonna hunt.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. But even then, the Merc is too quick in race trim. The F1 press keeps trying to sell the premise that RBR is quicker or at least as quick, but that dog ain't gonna hunt.

Agree. The Merc with Hamilton driving is the fastest out there.

7 hours ago, faps said:

Why not pit Max just few laps after Lewis' stop and put him on softs? Max could at least try to chase Lewis down instead of being a sitting duck on much older mediums. 

https://racingnews365.com/marko-red-bull-did-consider-soft-tyre-switch-for-verstappen

Why not pit him immediately on the next lap and put on softs?  He had the 22 second advantage and would have come out neck and neck with Hamilton. Red Bull is now becoming fucking Ferrari with their terrible tactical decisions.  Instead of acting they said “Hungary” over the radio. Guess what Horner?  The exact same fucking thing happened in Hungary.  God, I can’t stand ineptness.