Formula 1 2021

wood

26 minutes ago, kevwun said:

New to the sport thanks to Netflix.  One question after finishing up season 3, how in the fuck is Grosjean alive?  It is amazing he walked out of an inferno.

Yep. It is amazing. He had some very quick and competent help, is fit/young/strong, and was very lucky in many regards. IOW pretty much everything after the impact went about as perfectly as it could have gone, and he still barely made it out alive. IMHO if he's in that seat another 30 seconds, or even less, he very likely doesn't get out alive.

Vettel comes out into Gasly and Hamilton

Everyone: this will be the most exciting thing that's going to happen in this race

Feed director: here's a replay of lance stroll skimming the wall

Even Hamilton fucking knew, on the radio asking what happened there

Vettel comes out into Gasly and Hamilton

Everyone: this will be the most exciting thing that's going to happen in this race

Feed director: here's a replay of lance stroll skimming the wall

Even Hamilton fucking knew, on the radio asking what happened there

Monaco is the only race that does their own production, and they suck at it.

58 minutes ago, faps said:

Is that storm runoff or good ole sewage? 😳

Also, Mercedes seems to be having some troubles in Baku. I watched a little of FP2, Lewis sounded pretty frustrated.

502287029_2021-06-0411_39_53-Secondpracticeclassification_formula1.thumb.png.82ce240a99ca1bcb86970f80ef53150d.pngin Baku.

Yeah, it certainly seems like more than just a little Friday sandbagging for Merc. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow in Q3. 

LeClerc said in the post qualifying interview that Mercedes and Red Bull have an advantage over him.  I really like the way LeClerc has matured over the past three seasons as opposed to Verstappen who now just acts like a petulant child if things don't go his way.

• Hook 'Em 1

LeClerc said in the post qualifying interview that Mercedes and Red Bull have an advantage over him.  I really like the way LeClerc has matured over the past three seasons as opposed to Verstappen who now just acts like a petulant child if things don't go his way.

Really?? Max has matured a whole lot. He’s more patient on the track than he was when he first hit Red Bull. I’m not a fan of his, but he has improved a ton.

9 hours ago, The Tres Leches said:

They just said that the Singapore GP cancellation may be replaced with two weekends in Austin!

We'll see.

COTA Chairman Bobby Epstein told The Associated Press discussions of a second race in the U.S., or a second race at COTA, are “paddock rumors.”

Indianapolis Motor Speedway hosted F1 from 2000 to 2007 and new track owner Roger Penske wants the series back at the speedway. Penske told AP “we’re not in any position at the moment” to host F1 in 2021.

https://apnews.com/article/singapore-formula-one-coronavirus-pandemic-health-pandemics-550ec63e409a495b386afeddcff53686

I'm also not sure if the statute would allow for the MERP to pay for a second race. Not sure how well they could sell a second race, either. I think it would be tough to draw a very good crowd two weeks in a row. Surely most people who are already coming to the original race would have most if not all of their travel arrangements already booked, and most probably wouldn't be able to stay for two weekends regardless. I would think another problem for COTA would be the way they use big music acts to pad the numbers of the weak Friday and Saturday crowds in order to justify the big annual subsidy they get from the State. Epstein's not gonna want to pay for more acts to pad the additional race, and if he has a 2nd race and doesn't have those music acts, it will likely highlight the contrast in the numbers with and without them.

Then there's this...

Singapore was set for Oct 3, and the BBC article said a 2nd COTA GP would likely be on October 17, the weekend before the currently scheduled GP ... so I guess there's some flexibility there. Of course, if that happens, there would be GPs scheduled on 5 consecutive weekends:

Oct 10 Russia

Oct 17 US1

Oct 24 US2

Oct 31 Mexico

Nov 7 Brazil 

8 minutes ago, wood said:

We'll see.

https://apnews.com/article/singapore-formula-one-coronavirus-pandemic-health-pandemics-550ec63e409a495b386afeddcff53686

I'm also not sure if the statute would allow for the MERP to pay for a second race. Not sure how well they could sell a second race, either. I think it would be tough to draw a very good crowd two weeks in a row. Surely most people who are already coming to the original race would have most if not all of their travel arrangements already booked, and most probably wouldn't be able to stay for two weekends regardless. I would think another problem for COTA would be the way they use big music acts to pad the numbers of the weak Friday and Saturday crowds in order to justify the big annual subsidy they get from the State. Epstein's not gonna want to pay for more acts to pad the additional race, and if he has a 2nd race and doesn't have those music acts, it will likely highlight the contrast in the numbers with and without them.

Then there's this...

Singapore was set for Oct 3, and the BBC article said a 2nd COTA GP would likely be on October 17, the weekend before the currently scheduled GP ... so I guess there's some flexibility there. Of course, if that happens, there would be GPs scheduled on 5 consecutive weekends:

Oct 10 Russia

Oct 17 US1

Oct 24 US2

Oct 31 Mexico

Nov 7 Brazil 

Yeah I think it's highly unlikely, but it's still cool to think about.  I'd figure out some way to go to both.

Also, re: Max, I think he's definitely matured, even off-track.  He has his bad moments still, but he's also only 23.  I'm pretty sure most of the assholes on surly were just as bad as Max-- and likely much worse-- at the age of 23. :)

Lewis started off as a whiney pissy little bitch and got much better.  I see Max traveling a similar path so far.

• Like 2

Hahaha a convenient Perez pit stop mistake for max…..

Perez should’ve won this race hahahaha

VAMOS CHECO!

All good…it’s all about that drivers championship and that teamwork. At least it looks like a “mistake” and not told to get out the way while racing.