Formula 1 2021

wood

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, pops said:
Lewis crashes into the pit lane wall coming in for slicks but not sure it would have mattered. Lando fucking flew and Lewis would have only had one lap. 

Shit, Lando had a half second on Sainz and a full 2 seconds on Lewis. Don't know if it would have mattered.

Q3 was a matter of luck in timing and when youre able to run on slicks. Lap times isnt really that telling

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Merc had Valterri take another new PU so he drops to 17th and will now have the primary goal of impeding Max’s progress through the field. 

Or so Toto thought.  Pretty sure Bottas waved at Max when he went by.  Hamilton doesn't have a teammate for the rest of season when it comes to the championship race because Bottas dgaf.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

Lando was told to come in and he said no. Lewis came in and Lando still said no. 

It’s still pretty gutting. He made all the right decisions until that moment. The team should have told him, not asked him.

Lesson learned. Be on the right tire all the time. McLaren is on the way up. Very exciting.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

It’s still pretty gutting. He made all the right decisions until that moment. The team should have told him, not asked him.

Lesson learned. Be on the right tire all the time. McLaren is on the way up. Very exciting.

It sucks. No question. I love Lando and I dig McLaren being viable again. But that's the difference between 0 wins and 100. I think the future is bright. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Classic announcer jinx early race when McLaren was running one two. Then we see Danny’s botched stop and the Lando fiasco. 

5 minutes ago, Betty Blackwell said:

We don’t hear everything — Merc did a good job being clear to Ham that more rain was coming. Did McLaren?

Hopefully more audio comes out. McLaren was too wishy washy with Lando. Never ask an athlete if he wants to come out. He’ll always say no. You have to order them. McLaren didn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Betty Blackwell said:

He did and he also had the strategic advantage of being able to just react to whatever Lando did or didn’t do. 

Yeah, it's easy to criticize in hindsight, but I agree that Lando was very much in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. 

And beating Lewis takes a little luck and a little risk in strategy. Obviously the rain got bad quick, but if it didn't, or if Lando held on long enough for someone else to bring out a safety car, then it's a different ending. 

It was ultimately the wrong decision, but I don't think Lando should beat himself up about it. It was justifiable at the time in my view. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3