Playoff Selection Final Rankings 12/20 11am

Vic Mackey

Get the discussion going on this. We all know Bama, Clemson, Ohio St are in. Probably in that order. 

But who is getting the 4th spot? ND has a better resume than aggy but their loss is fresh. And was bad. But so was aggy's loss to Bama.

There is also Cincy but we all know they have no shot with the committee. 

Would like to see Cincy but the committee will turn up their nose.

If Aggy makes it I take solace in the fact that we'll get to see Bama anally violate them for a second time, no lube. 

ND making would be even more boring. Bama should just put out the second stringers to get them some reps. 

Bama, Clemson, tosu, Notre Dame in that order imo.

Case against atm: Beat (and played) one ranked team all season. They've beaten two teams with winning records, one of those being 6-4 Auburn. Didn't win their division much less their conference. I'd put Cincy in over them.

• Hook 'Em 3

Well I hate both Aggy and ND but Aggy lost to #1 while ND lost to #2 (both bad losses). People saying ND beat Clemson but did they really? I’m not counting that as a signature win when they didn’t have Lawrence. So best win against FL for Aggy and UNC for ND nets out therefore I’d give the nod to the SEC I guess. Neither sounds great... too bad ISU didn’t beat OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

If Aggy makes it I take solace in the fact that we'll get to see Bama anally violate them for a second time, no lube. 

ND making would be even more boring. Bama should just put out the second stringers to get them some reps. 

aggy getting left at the altar and the realization they do not get the secsecsec treatment their daddy Bama gets would be enough for me. aggy or ND is going to lose by 4-5 scores against Bama. Really does not matter who goes in the grand scheme of things. We have already seen Bama/aggy. Blowout. And has been pretty much every year except their first year when they had Manziel. ND/Bama would be new this year at least. I honestly think OU would be better than both but they have zero shot with 2 losses. They got better as the year went on. Their losses were early on and they never looked back. 

5 minutes ago, LTbear said:

This, but please sweet baby Jesus by all that is holy don't let it be aggy

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (1/8) Dear Lord Baby Jesus -  (2006) HD on Make a GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Well I hate both Aggy and ND but Aggy lost to #1 while ND lost to #2 (both bad losses). People saying ND beat Clemson but did they really? I’m not counting that as a signature win when they didn’t have Lawrence. So best win against FL for Aggy and UNC for ND nets out therefore I’d give the nod to the SEC I guess. Neither sounds great... too bad ISU didn’t beat OU.

Iowa St would get the same treatment as Cincy. No one cares about them in the eyes of the committee. A 1 loss ND and aggy gets the nod over Iowa St. 

I mean Clemson even without Lawrence is a better team than Florida at full strength. That is aggy's best team. A 3 loss team who lost to LSU. Let's not pretend aggy went out there and completely dominated their schedule all year.

• Like 1

I don't give a crap, it's still a stupid beauty contest until there are guaranteed spots that can be earned without being voted on.  Until all P5 conf champs get in, it's still a joke.  4 is only slightly less of a joke than 2 was.  5 champs and fill out 3 more with however you want.

Figure skating laughs at cfb.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

All the pundits are picking aggy over the Irish in the halftime shows I’m watching , saying that the domers getting boat raced on national tv as the committee watched is probably too much to take them 

I don’t put a lot of stock in the talking heads ... but... it could be an indicator of how the committee may be thinking also.

Exactly. No matter team they serve up is getting boatraced. There would be much more intrigue for me if it was Cincy. Seeing ND/aggy getting blown out will be boring.

Then lets just get the team in most likely to get riddled with Covid over Christmas break so it’s cancelled.

Any other year the committee would definitely pick an SEC team. I really don’t think ND is a better team here but I do think they are a bigger draw and that might matter. Anyone that has a legitimate shot at beating Bama would be good with me but I’m not sure who that is.

ND will be #4

Better wins than A&M

Played in championship game

Played 11 games

Haven't lost to Alabama by 4 touchdowns yet. No one wants a Alabama / A&M placeholder game

SEC should get screwed by their imbalanced stupid division setup.

A&M has record in large part because of how bad SEC is this year (outside Bama)

Who gives a shit.  College football has turned into the the top 3 and some random fourth team that doesn’t belong (sometimes ou).  

The playoffs have ruined what used to be a great regular season and several kick ass bowl games that everyone watched.   I miss the arguments  about who was best and even the years when we had split national championship teams.  The rivalries were better and the hate was real.  

and get off my lawn.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lol this thread is perfect....There are only 3 teams that can win it.....also we need to expand the playoffs so we can have more teams that don't have a chance to win it and don't deserve to be there. 

Every conference champion deserves to be there. What sport leaves out division/conference winners from their playoffs/tournaments?Can't think of any. Every single year, the NFL/NBA has a playoffs that only a small fraction of teams who are legit to win it all. Do they need to shrink down, too? Nope. Because playoffs are fun. And we get intriguing matchups and more football that actually means something (and not shitty bowl games) is good to me. With your reasoning, why have any bowl games at all? They are less than meaningless. They have zero shot to win anything. Yet people watch them.

How about March Madness? You have 64 teams. How many are legit to win it all? A handful at most. Should we do them like college football? At least with them, the biggest bitching is the last handful of 64 teams. They don't worry about the top teams getting left out.

It's criminal how the NCAA D1 handles their postseason. Every other division below them have a playoffs just fine. But we get figure skating type panels deciding who is good and isn't. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Every conference champion deserves to be there. What sport leaves out division/conference winners from their playoffs/tournaments?Can't think of any. Every single year, the NFL/NBA has a playoffs that only a small fraction of teams who are legit to win it all. Do they need to shrink down, too? Nope. Because playoffs are fun. And we get intriguing matchups and more football that actually means something (and not shitty bowl games) is good to me. With your reasoning, why have any bowl games at all? They are less than meaningless. They have zero shot to win anything. Yet people watch them.

How about March Madness? You have 64 teams. How many are legit to win it all? A handful at most. Should we do them like college football? At least with them, the biggest bitching is the last handful of 64 teams. They don't worry about the top teams getting left out.

It's criminal how the NCAA D1 handles their postseason. Every other division below them have a playoffs just fine. But we get figure skating type panels deciding who is good and isn't. 

The regular season solves most of this. G5 has no business being there so that takes care of Cincy, Oregon/SC, Coastal and all the other scrubs. Notre Dame and aggy got beat by better teams already in the playoffs. The obvious answer to #4 is Oklahoma. Everyone else has eliminated themselves. The four champs from the Power Four. Fin

23 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Who gives a shit.  CFB is top 3 and some random 4th team that doesn’t belong. The playoffs have ruined a great regular season and several kick ass bowl games...    and get off my lawn. 

Tank drills on Knighthawk's lawn...

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

18 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Who gives a shit.  College football has turned into the the top 3 and some random fourth team that doesn’t belong (sometimes ou).  

The playoffs have ruined what used to be a great regular season and several kick ass bowl games that everyone watched.   I miss the arguments  about who was best and even the years when we had split national championship teams.  The rivalries were better and the hate was real.  

and get off my lawn.  

Lmao. Only NCAAF D1 FBS fans talk about some great regular season when literally 95% of the games don't mean shit to prop up a committee picking 2 to 4 teams and tell you these are the best instead of actually having it decided on the field in the post season with a real playoffs. 

Bowl games are worst than watching preseason basketball.

How many good teams are left out over the entire existence of college football? Hell we can go back to 2008 Texas for our own point of view. We were left out even with one single last second loss because a group of suits didn't think we belonged. That's like the NBA leaving out the Mavs in 2011 because they weren't the top 2 teams. Don't get it and never will get people accepting, believing and buying into FCS's way of telling who the champion is when literally every other sport does it different and it works and is 1000x better. 

More playoffs. Less shit ass bowl games that no one cares about except degenerate gamblers.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

ND getting in is bullshit, but if it fucks over aggy I'm all for it.

I think ND would whip aggy's ass on a neutral field.  I also think aggy is no better than the 10th best team in the country.

But the fact that aggy would *feel like* they've been fucked over is enough for me.

Then when they fall back to 7-5 next season and realize this was their one shot in their lifetimes, oh boy, good times.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Texas A&M Aggies Schedule 2020

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L       
Sat, 9/26
vsVANVAN
W17-12 1-0       
Sat, 10/3
@ALA2 ALA
L52-24 1-1       
Sat, 10/10
vsFLA4 FLA
W41-38 2-1       
Sat, 10/17
@MSSTMSST
W28-14 3-1       
Sat, 10/31
vsARKARK
W42-31 4-1       
Sat, 11/7
@SCSC
W48-3 5-1       
Sat, 11/14
@TENNTENN
POSTPONED
Sat, 11/21
vsMISSMISS
POSTPONED
Sat, 11/28
vsLSULSU
W20-7 6-1       
Sat, 12/5
@AUBAUB
W31-20 7-1       
Sat, 12/12
vsMISSMISS
POSTPONED
Sat, 12/19
@TENNTENN
W34-13 8-1  

^^^Doesn't look like a team that is Top 4

Edited by LTtxfan

50 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If ever there was a year to just go back to the BCS system, this is it. Bama and Clemson. 

That's true every year.  90% of the semis have been blowouts.

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Every single year, the NFL/NBA has a playoffs that only a small fraction of teams who are legit to win it all. Do they need to shrink down, too?

Yes.  4 team MLB playoffs were much better than the shit they do now.  European soccer does it best.  Regular seasons to determine the best team and a concurrent year long tournament for people with short attention spans that like artificially inflated stakes.  And to drive up TV revenue.