Texas opens as an 11 point favorite v Colorado

TexasMan

Just now, Somnio said:

I was at that game in Irving.  Fucking Simms, man....

I was there and I blame Mack for sticking with him to long. Yet I first blame even trying to pass when we are running for chunks about to go up 14  - 0. Then Applewhite brings us back and Mack calls for a punt block instead of setting up the return when the offense can't be stopped.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I was there and I blame Mack for sticking with him to long. Yet I first blame even trying to pass when we are running for chunks about to go up 14  - 0. Then Applewhite brings us back and Mack calls for a punt block instead of setting up the return when the offense can't be stopped.

Oh for sure.  That roughing the kicker was just jaw droppingly stupid.  Texas had a conference championship, and trip to the national championship game slip through it's fingers.

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Fuck that game.  I don’t think i have ever been that pissed off after a game.  Well, then the last 10 years happened and we have a Turtle as a coach.  Fuck it.  Fuck it all to hell. Fuck Turtle Dipshit Fuckface Tom Bitchass Herman.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Same way we should have routed them in 2001

Too soon

csb/ I had media credentials for that game. Got there 3 hours early. When the team got there Major asked me what time it was. 

Ol freak nasty barked at me to get out of the hallway. Chatted with Roger Clemens. Jack Arute's gf was hot. 

I literally bumped into Gary Barnett in some tunnel after his press conference.

Edited by Fuck Tim Beck
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

To be fair, if we had won that game we would’ve gotten our ass beat into a bloody pulp by Miami in the national championship.

We may have been a team of destiny. First OU loses against OSU when they had no business losing. Then that day all the teams in front of us lose to even be in that position. Then Mack and Simms throw it away. Yes we would have gotten our ass kicked but that would have been the hope.

Edited by DanTheHorn

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Then Mack and Simms throw it away. 

why is it that nobody remembers that Phillip Geiger roughed the punter when we were only down 1 score and just stuffed Colorado on 3rd  & 8. We were getting the ball back when Major was red fucking hot... instead CU gets the ball on our 25. runs 2 mins off the clock and kicks the FG to make it a 2 score game with 2 mins left... i.e. ballgame...

Edited by AUS-97HORN

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

why is it that nobody remembers that Phillip Geiger roughed the punter when we were only down 1 score and just stuffed Colorado on 3rd  & 8. We were getting the ball back when Major was red fucking hot... instead CU gets the ball on our 25. runs 2 mins off the clock and kicks the FG to make it a 3 score game...

I think everyone remembers this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

why is it that nobody remembers that Phillip Geiger roughed the punter when we were only down 1 score and just stuffed Colorado on 3rd  & 8. We were getting the ball back when Major was red fucking hot... instead CU gets the ball on our 25. runs 2 mins off the clock and kicks the FG to make it a 2 score game with 2 mins left... i.e. ballgame...

I was in that end zone. I remember.

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Where can I advance purchase my Valero Alamo Bowl Champs T-shirt?  You all know we are going to look like totally different team as we’ve shown the past two bowl games under Turtle Tom.  

Idk bout that one. He only has 9 days to prepare rather than his usual 20 or so. Given that we're double digit favorites, without Ossai, Mr. Flex and Taquan. Leads me to believe we're in for one more Herman special. Hope Bijan goes off though. 

14 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Gieger was told to go for a punt block by Mack when Mack could have called to setup the return. Gieger would have not been in position to screw up had Mack made the right call.

So, kind of interesting. Sam didn't technically start in the 2017 Texas bowl but he came on after 2-3 possessions and finished the game and we won. 

No Texas QB has played in and won 4 bowl games. Sam could be the first to do that. Colt won 3 in a row to start his career and then, well, yeah. 

Would be a somewhat decent consolation if he goes out without ever even winning the B12.