Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

On 11/2/2019 at 2:50 PM, markstanco said:

Yea, it was that way before they left. And now they will be a colorado or hope for michigsn state status where they win 9 games every 10 years or so.

Also, I was listening to the Perdue broadcast on the radio..."Perdues bowl aspirations are still alive!" Too funny. Thanks nebraska for being you.

They won the North in their last two years in the Big 12, and nearly won the CCG each year against Top 10 teams.  The roster they recruited in the Big 12 won a division title in their 2nd Big Ten year, too.

It's probably too soon to give up on Scott Frost, especially because his staff is recruiting well, but if the wheels come off down the stretch of this season 2020 is going to be a make or break year for him.  

What if I told you the winner of the Nebraska Purdue game

• had forced 3x as many sacks on their opponent
  • were charged 3x fewer penalties
  • scored every time they were in the red zone
  • turned over the ball half as much as their opponent did
  • blocked 2 punts

would you believe it?

Edited by mulletpelini
You shouldn't, because that's what the loser did

On 11/2/2019 at 2:29 PM, RoyalBevo21 said:

I love that Nebraska football is dead and that Dr. Tom is most likely going to go to the grave while Nebraska is a dreg in the rust belt conference and it's all his fault. 

Fixed it for you.  As their AD, he single-handedly hired Pelini, a horrible hire AND moved them to the B1G, a horrible move.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If it was then the headline would read: "Nebraska football is too far gone even for Scott Frost."

Neve click a headline phrased as a question. 

The headline isn’t my point.  The whole article is filled with quotes pointing toward Osborne still looming LARGE over that program.  And that’s not a good thing.  He’s a black cloud they need to get out from under.

13 hours ago, Landomatic said:

The headline isn’t my point.  The whole article is filled with quotes pointing toward Osborne still looming LARGE over that program.  And that’s not a good thing.  He’s a black cloud they need to get out from under.

Scott Frost should replace Chinander. It's not Tom Osborne's fault their defense sucks. 

On 11/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, Landomatic said:

Damn...ya'll seriously need to get out from under Tom Osborne's shadow.

Is Nebraska football too far gone, even for Scott Frost?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28021916/is-nebraska-football-too-far-gone-even-scott-frost

That was a good article.  The part about Maurice Washington was a bit disturbing, but hey, It's Tom's house.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

35 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That was a good article.  The part about Maurice Washington was a bit disturbing, but hey, It's Tom's house.

I liked the fact that Lawrence Phillips' name came up in quasi-comparison. Look, if we turn the kid loose, he might do something REALLY horrible. You think I want that on my conscience? Or a couple of Ls on my record? No sir

WWDTD?  (What Would Dr Tom Do?)

He'd do this very thing:

He doesn't say whether one of those tough decisions was what to do about Maurice Washington -- his sophomore running back who shows flashes of brilliance; his top-ranked recruit from the 2018 class; his player who is facing two charges, one of which is a felony, for allegedly sending his ex-girlfriend a video that depicted her performing what she says were non-consensual sexual acts. She was 15 years old when the video was recorded. The case is pending adjudication in the California legal system, and a preliminary hearing is set for Dec. 12.

Washington sat out the first half of Nebraska's 2019 opening game, but Frost, along with the athletic director and chancellor, initially opted to allow Washington to play otherwise

On 11/13/2019 at 2:45 PM, Landomatic said:

Damn...ya'll seriously need to get out from under Tom Osborne's shadow.

Is Nebraska football too far gone, even for Scott Frost?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28021916/is-nebraska-football-too-far-gone-even-scott-frost

This quote says it all:

Wisconsin and Iowa -- the prototypes for what Nebraska wishes it could be in the 21st century

8 minutes ago, SurlyORama said:

Lots of people believe that if Frost, a Tom Osborne guy, hand chosen by Tom Osborne, can’t do it, no one can.  Because you have to have a Tom Osborne guy to be successful at Nebraska.  Sure, Tom Osborne might have single-handedly fucked Nebraska when he picked Solich...and Pelini...and the B1G.  But Tom Osborne is our savior and can do no wrong. So, might as well go all in on a Tom Osborne guy.  All hail Tom Osborne.

Fixed for Nebraska fans

11 hours ago, SurlyORama said:

but but but he's on the hotseat! /media

In this week's episode of "How else can you possibly lose a game"

One teams leading rusher gained 188 yards on 17 carries

One team out-gained the other by 11 yards of total offense

One team was 20% better on 3rd down conversions (50% conversion rate for the day)

One team gained more yards against the others defense than any other team had done this year

One team was called for 1 fewer penalty

One team matched the others turnover

that team lost by 16

• 2 weeks later...