Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Miami should be better due to the local talent. Nebraska not so much.

That's true, but they also have to go up against the likes of UF, FSU, Bama, Georgia, and the other bag men. But I agree, there's plenty of talent in Florida that they shouldn't suck as much as they do. 

I mean, hell, even aggy got a top talent out of there. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

38 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If Frost can't get them winning, they need to shut down the program. He's their only hope to ever return to at least adequate level. 

Ya but the thing is that Pelini had them winning 9 games every year and that wasn't that long ago. That's more than adequate. They haven't been truly bad for that long.

Just now, Surlybastard said:

Ya but the thing is that Pelini had them winning 9 games every year and that wasn't that long ago. That's more than adequate. They haven't been truly bad for that long.

Ah, man. I don't know why I keep forgetting Pelini considering we have a poster with his name. Didn't he get fired for other things, tho? I honestly can't remember. I remember he was a dick. 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Ah, man. I don't know why I keep forgetting Pelini considering we have a poster with his name. Didn't he get fired for other things, tho? I honestly can't remember. I remember he was a dick. 

I think it was a combination of his on field meltdowns and 9 wins a year not being good enough for Nebraska. I am pretty sure he won 9 or more games every year he was there though.

4 minutes ago, Surlybastard said:

I think it was a combination of his on field meltdowns and 9 wins a year not being good enough for Nebraska. I am pretty sure he won 9 or more games every year he was there though.

I believe you're correct on the wins, and the on-field meltdowns makes sense. Didn't he piss his pants during a game after screaming at someone?

Welp, was really hoping for 6 or 7 wins and a bowl but I guess that just wasn't meant to be.  Too much playing not to lose instead of playing to win.  If it's a psychological issue that was carried over then this year ends it.  There's nothing but true juniors, sophs and freshman, all of whom Frost has recruited and reigned over since he got there now.  Very few seniors and juniors and whatever exist have seen more of Frosts tenure than any coach now.  Next year's schedule is harder than this years and they're losing a lot of senior leadership on DLine.  Better grow up fast.

Coaches got nothing to do but recruit for the next 2 weeks.  Better make it count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The local sports talk radio station was doing a countdown of the greatest (local) games of the current century. They were covering the 2009 ISU-Nebraska game, where ISU won after Nebraska turned the ball over eight times in the game. Cyclone quarterback Austen Arnaud, on the sideline for the game with an injury, now works as a doctor/surgeon at the same hospital as Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee who started the game. The game itself was so ugly that ISU basically burned the tape of the whole second half in their film review sessions. Several players were out with Swine Flu for both teams.

11 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

The local sports talk radio station was doing a countdown of the greatest (local) games of the current century. They were covering the 2009 ISU-Nebraska game, where ISU won after Nebraska turned the ball over eight times in the game. Cyclone quarterback Austen Arnaud, on the sideline for the game with an injury, now works as a doctor/surgeon at the same hospital as Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee who started the game. The game itself was so ugly that ISU basically burned the tape of the whole second half in their film review sessions. Several players were out with Swine Flu for both teams.

God, that was a glorious day.

I still can't believe that we won in Lincoln with Jerome Tiller and Jeremiah Schwarz as our starting back field.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

God, that was a glorious day.

I still can't believe that we won in Lincoln with Jerome Tiller and Jeremiah Schwarz as our starting back field.

@ 1:03 hahaha that was terrible that fool was probably thinking ahead to his touchdown dance and was caught totally by surprise that someone was cutting his legs out from under him

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

@ 1:03 hahaha that was terrible that fool was probably thinking ahead to his touchdown dance and was caught totally by surprise that someone was cutting his legs out from under him

Niles Paul.  God bless him.

• 1 month later...